Maze Festival of Speed (Balmoral Park)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The merc was mad max mental, the rest of the drifting was ok but the BM's were getting tangled up in each other lots so it sort of killed it off.
The autotesting was good craic and the rallying too. We came a bit late and didn't get enough time to get round everything before a lot of things started to shut up shop around 5pm
Got a ride in the helicopter with the son and daughter which was great and expensive.. :eek:
Gutted we didn't get across to the aviation society but only ourselves to blame after a long night last night.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Is there an events "master" thread that's maintained on here with dates, etc? I know there's the calendar but how well populated is it?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Ah right. Only ever use Facebook app on phone and havent been driving since the op so no bill boards spotted.
Will keep an eye for next year (y)
In fairness it was very **** advertising.

If it wasnt for one friend on my Facebook being involved and sharing stuff id not have noticed anything on facebook.

I dont do tv nor local radio so nothing seen or heard nothinf there.

Just seen one bill board as I came off m3 onto westlink and was stuck at the lights to be able to notice it.

Nothing I noticed in auto related print media.

Jason

RMS Regular
Had potentially to be much better like the shackleton events, the drifting arena was good but just looked like they were out for a testing session no actual competition?! No PA saying what was going on etc

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks like a great day out actually.

Those RS200's genuine?

Is that aviation hanger and contents a permanent fixture there?

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Looks like a great day out actually.

Those RS200's genuine?

Is that aviation hanger and contents a permanent fixture there?

Yep and I recommend that everyone pays them a visit, they rely on visitors and donations to keep the place going. There's some old service vehicles in the other hangar too.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Fantactic day out, ragin i missed the aircraft hangar, didnt realise that it was open.
Great even and well organised, could have done with another bridge to the 4x4 section.

Would have loved a passenger run around the 4x4 course, i reckon they missed a trick there, would gladly have given a few pounds extra for that.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Love that Herald. Just been speaking to my neighbour who said he enjoyed it but found prices a bit steep. Actually wouldn't mind having a look see at the Aviation Society hanger. Looks like they have some really interesting bits and pieces.

OZ10

RMS Regular
I think advertising wise what was missing was the likes of a radio road show like what attended the kings hall for the 'motor show' that way you get loads of publicity not just a 5 minute interview on U105 with Frank who knows f*** all about motorsport and then doesnt get mentioned again. There was however quite a few billboards around Belfast promoting the event anf facebook but unless you were liking the page then you wouldnt have seen it. Needed really to be on boards like here to promote to people with a genuine interest in motorsport.

hippyross

RMS Regular
I only heard about if from a friend and the looked here for info but was only this thread.

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Fantactic day out, ragin i missed the aircraft hangar, didnt realise that it was open.
Great even and well organised, could have done with another bridge to the 4x4 section.

Would have loved a passenger run around the 4x4 course, i reckon they missed a trick there, would gladly have given a few pounds extra for that.

The nilrc was doing laps round the 4x4 sae, don't think the comp safari guys were doing runs. I was supposed to have the disco up over the weekend but couldn't get the time off work :worried:.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.