Recommendations for nice looking/sounding car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
It's time to get a new car but I don't actually know what I want, although I've a few ideas in my head. I want something quickish, sporty, two doors, if it had two wee seats in the back that would be a bonus but not essential, has to sound great, something that I can keep for 5+ years, and that isn't gonna lose me a pile of money in the long run, would prefer the driving experience of manual; can do own maintenance so tinkering isn't a problem, and it wont be a main car but I will want to drive it all year round, either 4wd or rwd, and petrol obviously, and not a hot hatch eg ford focus RS, and probably not a BMW

I was initially thinking of a Vantage 4.3 V8 (MY07), but then I took a notion on a Supra (after seeing the one on here that was imported). I'm lucky to be in this position, and even more so that the wife gave me the thumbs up. Never had this much bother picking a car before, any suggestions (y)

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
It's time to get a new car but I don't actually know what I want, although I've a few ideas in my head. I want something quickish, sporty, two doors, if it had two wee seats in the back that would be a bonus but not essential, has to sound great, something that I can keep for 5+ years, and that isn't gonna lose me a pile of money in the long run, would prefer the driving experience of manual; can do own maintenance so tinkering isn't a problem, and it wont be a main car but I will want to drive it all year round, either 4wd or rwd, and petrol obviously, and not a hot hatch eg ford focus RS, and probably not a BMW

I was initially thinking of a Vantage 4.3 V8 (MY07), but then I took a notion on a Supra (after seeing the one on here that was imported). I'm lucky to be in this position, and even more so that the wife gave me the thumbs up. Never had this much bother picking a car before, any suggestions (y)
I'm thinking of putting up a similar thread , with slightly different criteria. I'm sure people get sick of them but sure we're talking cars on a car forum. Will be keeping an eye on this.
Whats your budget ?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
S15
Not great on noise though, from the factory sr20 (it's a great engine though) solve that by buying a rb25 converted one. Perfect type of car for home footering too
We have chatted about this before lol. See you next Thursday :grinning:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Not good looking though.

6095234530_b3775720b1_o-54f894-5572d9cf151b7.jpg

give over lol

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I could think of nothing worse than having to drive an S15 on the road !

I drive mine on road and it was completely fine. Along with a pile of s14 and r33's for 5 odd years, i seemed to have pulled through ok lol

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I eagerley await all the "you need an M3, it's the best car in the world" :p

But in all seriousness a V8 M3 would be the job, they sound pretty great and if you need seats you have some.

An Aston would be superb, what about an R35 GTR?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I reckon self tinkering is something that sort of appeals, you have even outlined it you would self maintain, and with your corsa engine conversion done yourself and other work, something to modern that you cant footer at as easily, might not be as nice for you personally as something a bit more basic and older style engineering and character... so

a good twincam :party:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I eagerley await all the "you need an M3, it's the best car in the world" :p

But in all seriousness a V8 M3 would be the job, they sound pretty great and if you need seats you have some.

An Aston would be superb, what about an R35 GTR?

I'd say r34 GTR would be a good should, their value will only go up.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.