Recommendations for nice looking/sounding car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johnm

RMS Regular
A vantage would have that grown up wow factor.
A supra would tick a lot of boxes too....

An r34 GT-R though..... Wibble....
If i ever had that amount to spend on a car, that would be it (we'll id personally get an r32 first).
Plus the vantage isnt going to increase in price, a looked after 34 will.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Screenshot_2016-02-11-22-29-11.png

Screenshot_2016-02-11-22-29-52.png

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Well, any car at 30-40k isn't going to be cheap to fix. Audi R8, Aston V8, Porsches, fancy mercs they are all a fortune to run. You pay your money and take your chances as they say. Anyway good luck with the search @saxo_man

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Aston's aren't as unreliable as you would imagine.

The masser is a good shout. The noise of them in sport mode is unreal. I really enjoy driving them too, I'd say I will be buying one in the summer

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Last edited:

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Supra manual Adam, easy to work on, desirable, rear seats, many different aftermarket parts and tuning options appreciating in value as well.

No brainer ☺

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Curveball but this is fantastic machine at 30,000 and the noise would be a different level.
CORVETTE Z06 - UK model, one owner, star of Fifth Gear set (won Performance Car of the Year)

Or the YOLO option
CHEVROLET camaro 1968

It is just a pity they dont do the Vette's in RHD, another pricier option

2014 CORVETTE STINGRAY C7 TARGA 466BHP 7-SPEED MANUAL PREMIUM LAUNCH EDITION 290/500

Realistically the R8 is probably the better car...wont be much DIY work with it though. The Z06 Vette is still a fairly simple beast compared to a lot of cars and with huge semi decent value potential

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
It's time to get a new car but I don't actually know what I want, although I've a few ideas in my head. I want something quickish, sporty, two doors, if it had two wee seats in the back that would be a bonus but not essential, has to sound great, something that I can keep for 5+ years, and that isn't gonna lose me a pile of money in the long run, would prefer the driving experience of manual; can do own maintenance so tinkering isn't a problem, and it wont be a main car but I will want to drive it all year round, either 4wd or rwd, and petrol obviously, and not a hot hatch eg ford focus RS, and probably not a BMW

I was initially thinking of a Vantage 4.3 V8 (MY07), but then I took a notion on a Supra (after seeing the one on here that was imported). I'm lucky to be in this position, and even more so that the wife gave me the thumbs up. Never had this much bother picking a car before, any suggestions (y)

Evo 9. Find a minter and you wont loose a penny!!

Reactions: Mel

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
If you've got the budget, a v8 f type jag. Love the noise out of them and the only convertible can I'd consider after a zonda.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Thanks for all the replies! Budget would be around £32k but if it's less that's even better.

I looked at R8 and GT-R35 but they are around £38-40k which is a shame.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Thanks for all the replies! Budget would be around £32k but if it's less that's even better.

Ok , i guess i wont be watching this thread after all , my budget is half that !

Reactions: wes

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I just had a flashback of an rms captioned photo of rub me baaaaaaaby which if I remember right u starred in lol

R8 would be awesome, some the jap scrap stuff has its merits but it's lacks the general finish I think you'd be after, specially if ur looking at astons etc

I don't remember this?

It was Johnny McGall or @Jonny - was a picture of him ko'd on a sofa and along side the picture was a ferret or something on his back - I have it somewhere!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

Just do what we do over here in Crewe and over-charge a few rich people! :p

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Vantages from under 30k upwards depending on year, miles etc. I love them, stunning looks, a bit special and plenty of class.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.