2002 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R - Fresh Jap Import - Wheels On & Detailed Page 4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
If you get that far.... Gt3071r is awesome on a sr20 ;) I changed from my 2871 to 3071 and some cams
Made 430 horse iirc.

Is it still 6 speed?

Last edited:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
That is brilliant! Absolutely love s15s. Silvias in general to be fair.

Seen a Spec R for sale a couple of weeks back and was so tempted but they're still strong money over here. Wouldn't have a clue how much you would pay for one from Japan. Would love one of these or another R33. RWD, boost and jap can't be beaten in my opinion.

Absolutely love s15s in black, stunning car. I cant wait to see where you go with her. Enjoy!

Andy55

RMS Regular
Great buy, looks very fresh! Mate has just imported one very similar and has put me in the mood for one.
You can get those aero-catches with locks if you'd be afraid of someone opening the bonnet while you were away from the car.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Wheels have arrived!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

18"x9.75" ET20 XXR 527's in Gold (y)

I'll use these until I find a nice set of genuine wheels that I like :laughing:

They'll look a million times better that the awful things that are on it, my main priority was to get them off lol​

j44nty

RMS Regular
Xxr are a lovely wheel I think to be fair. Get a few pics up when you get tires mounted I'm running 215/35 on a 10" and I am changing to 225/35 as I am tortured with leaking air at the bead no matter how much I paste it. You should run it low and go 225/35 as 235/40 is a bit tall for me.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Xxr are a lovely wheel I think to be fair. Get a few pics up when you get tires mounted I'm running 215/35 on a 10" and I am changing to 225/35 as I am tortured with leaking air at the bead no matter how much I paste it. You should run it low and go 225/35 as 235/40 is a bit tall for me.

Yeah I really like them in the flesh!

Tyres going on tomorrow, I'll have them fitted tomorrow evening, and see what spacers I need :grinning:

I've got 225/40 for the front and 255/35 for the rear, I don't want to run it too low, I want it to be handily driven on most roads, but we'll see how that goes! Lol

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
MOT prep begins tomorrow with Derek :laughing:

Speedo changed to MPH, foglight fitted etc.

Also will have the wheels fitted, suspension / height set up, baffled sump & new magnetic fitted, Skunk2 Gearknob fitted, baffles removed from exhaust, Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers fitted, Aero bonnet catches fitted etc all during the week. Looking forward to getting it back for its MOT on Friday :grinning:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
- Aero Bonnet Catches are fitted
- Rear Fog-light fitted for MOT
- Clocks have MPH added to them for MOT
- Car fully checked over for MOT

Tomorrow is a big day for it :laughing:

- New wheels & tyres are being fitted
- Coilover Suspension being set-up to sit pretty on the new wheels
- Receiving a full service (all oils and filters being changed)
- New Baffled sump & magnetic sump plug getting fitted
- Baffles being removed from the G-Reddy exhaust
- New Pioneer Head-Unit being fitted
- Underside of car being treated to a coat of Waxoyl (Clear)
- Skunk2 Gearknob being fitted

And that will be it sitting ready for MOT for next Friday! It's booked in for a full Interior / Exterior / Engine Bay detail by David Tweed in Ballymoney on Tuesday 17th also, can't wait to see the final result!

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Looking good. Always loved the shape of these cars. What sort of power do these make with exhaust/air intake/remap ?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
With a good map and all supporting mods intercooler full exhaust etc and max of the stock turbo, around 1.3 bar it should do about 320 horse.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.