2010 Jaguar XFR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Thats right and yea that would have been me, dropping off the wee one.

Ive still yet to see an XFR on these shores. Ive only heard of one other one that was spotted, think it was silver, so its nice having something that bit different.

The noise out of it with DS Dynamics mode enabled is lovely, opens the valves in the exhaust up permanently. :cool:
Jags definitely have got it right with their pops and bangs!!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Jags definitely have got it right with their pops and bangs!!

Dont get me wrong its still massively tame in comparison to its German rivals in the C63 and M5. Jaguar definitely held back, even with the styling, in comparison to its rivals bulging arches and massive tail pipes and growl.

However ill be doing some exhaust mods to help it out slightly. Adding an X or H pipe opens them up alot. Couple that with the TCP intake system and K&N panel filters should have it sounding perfect. Im also wanting to increase the tail pipe size, just to fill the diffuser gaps slightly better.

Facelift steering wheel retrimmed has also now popped into my to do list lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I want this look basically ...

98147602a65607c2d00ca1d164b77cc1.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Thats right and yea that would have been me, dropping off the wee one.

Ive still yet to see an XFR on these shores. Ive only heard of one other one that was spotted, think it was silver, so its nice having something that bit different.

The noise out of it with DS Dynamics mode enabled is lovely, opens the valves in the exhaust up permanently. :cool:

I was offered a black one off a dentist friend summer of 2014, I couldn't buy it as I was setting up my practice. Pretty gutted given the price of it and there was only 17k miles on it. I don't know of many others!

brendy

RMS Regular
I was offered a black one off a dentist friend summer of 2014, I couldn't buy it as I was setting up my practice. Pretty gutted given the price of it and there was only 17k miles on it. I don't know of many others!
Get onto the m6 in Blighty, or Ards strangely enough, every other car is an XF but they are gorgeous.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Get onto the m6 in Blighty, or Ards strangely enough, every other car is an XF but they are gorgeous.

Really, all XFRs? There are four XFs in Cookstown, none have the aero kit, and none are XFRs! There are loads around now esp ones with only one exahust

brendy

RMS Regular
Really, all XFRs? There are four XFs in Cookstown, none have the aero kit, and none are XFRs! There are loads around now esp ones with only one exahust
No no, XF models, you do see a few XFR's but not many. Problem is that the facelift regular versions got a bigger bonnet bulge and a few trim updates and looks great but not so great for the XFR's which should stand out more.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Im a big fan of the facelift version of these, but this also looks great. Health to drive sir (y)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
had a nosey while out walking the dog - looks great on the driveway (y)

Thanks mate ... its covered in the nice presents the birds leave me :worried: Needs a dam good clean.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Lovely XFR, was just talking about these to a colleague about how much I liked them. Remember seeing one at goodwood and loved the look of it.

Ant

RMS Regular
I want this look basically ...

98147602a65607c2d00ca1d164b77cc1.jpg

i'd avoid getting the alacantara on the top/bottom, i did that with my z4 wheel and the top basically goes matte within two days and the bottom will stay like new, def looks better imo with normal leather top/bottom and perforated down the sides

Reactions: ian

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
I think I passed you this morning on the hill section, heading into town. If so, this looks fantastic, has a real presence on the road.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Ive seen a white XF with black wheels on the M2 (also hill section!) floating about. Thought it was Chris too but his has silver wheels.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Not me guys ... however there's not a huge difference with the diesels running the aero kit and the XFRs. Easy mistake to make ...

Bidding on a Quicksilver system at present ... so will see what happens lol

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Not me guys ... however there's not a huge difference with the diesels running the aero kit and the XFRs. Easy mistake to make ...

Very little difference as you say, although I prefer the aerokit front bumper. But I guess the two big vents are functional?!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
XF1.jpg
I hope you don't mind me posting the photos. The Jaguar XF is gorgeous, and without a doubt the best looking car I've owned. I'm sure you find it's a real head turner when driving around. I would be tempted for another one tbh!

@reinis does the XF justice!

Attachments

• xf2.jpg
    xf2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 139
  • xf3.jpg
    xf3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 145

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
You look about as happy as I do being at the abbey centre! ;) car looked great stands out a mile!

Hate that place lol was over getting some things for the dog ... straight in and then home again as the weather was too nice to waste around Abbeycentre.

The noise is slightly tame unless you are revving it in the drive, I gave @Cro a demo of this last night .... think he approved lol

View attachment 115666 I hope you don't mind me posting the photos. The Jaguar XF is gorgeous, and without a doubt the best looking car I've owned. I'm sure you find it's a real head turner when driving around. I would be tempted for another one tbh!

@reinis does the XF justice!

Dont mind at all this is the car that made me want one and also made me want to lower it lol Stunning jag. My dad now wants to sell his E350 and buy an XFS based on seeing my R. Hes a big Jag fan but hasnt returned to them since owning his S type back in the day.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
who done it Chris? The S4 could do with some rumble

Dee's are doing it, was going to book it in with Jonny but hes flat out for the next two weeks or so.

Guy that lives near me just had his new XKR in with Dee's for the same thing ... so happy for them to do it for me. £80 I think it is.

Conor

RMS Regular
Christ, how'd I miss this!

Absolutely stunning mate, great choice. You've owned a few quick motors, what does this compare with in terms of outright pace? The Evo maybe?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.