2010 Jaguar XFR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Christ, how'd I miss this!

Absolutely stunning mate, great choice. You've owned a few quick motors, what does this compare with in terms of outright pace? The Evo maybe?

Cheers mate! Something a wee bit different, always been a fan, just needed to grow a set and buy one lol

Evo was alot more raw and you knew the speed you were doing, this thing sneaks up and before you know it you are flying, but feels so planted on the road, especially in dynamics mode. Throttle response is fantastic and again even better with dynamics on. The acceleration to 60 is quick ... thereafter it just doesn't stop pulls so well and you genuinely think its never going to stop. Only thing I dont like is the stock Dunlop Sportmaxx tyres, don't fill you with confidence and feel quite uneasy on the roads over here ... changing soon to 4 new Kumho ECSTA Sports which are recommended on the owners forum.

That being said my old Evo wouldnt know what way the Jag went ... its savage power, but they didnt go mad with the looks ... very underestimated IMO. Proper M5 rival however, the M5 however looked like the super saloon it was meant to be, Jaguar just held back in that department.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Jag now haso a custom SS H Pipe thanks to Dee's. Exactly the sound I was after ... and nothing has changed when idling and no drone at cruising speed.

I'll fire a video up this weekend ... the crackles and bangs on Dynamics mode is so addictive :cool:

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
These sound so damm good, was a black one in front of me earlier in the week and it was just something else!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Spotted a black facelift model myself over the weekend!

Another update, finally took the plunge and ordered myself 4 new tyres as the Dunlop sportmaxx are dreadful IMO

Ordered 4 staggered Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 from Camskills (Best price), if they are half as good as the owners club review then ill be a happy man :grinning:

Holiday in 3 and a half weeks so I'm on a spend lock down until I'm back. Then it'll be spacers and springs.

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
The beasts have landed :cool: ... great service from Camskills.

20160617_123218.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Update

Got Max to sort me out with a bit of gloss black on the diffuser to break up the white. I'll probably get a Facelift diffuser sometime soon but just wanted to see how it would look. Very pleased with the results.

IMG-20160626-WA0009.jpg

I'm also thinking of changing the back boxes to something aftermarket so I'll probably speak with Dee's and Armo to see what they can do for me ... needs a bit more growl lol

Next step will be eibachs and spacers after holiday so watch this space :grinning:

Chris

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Crappy picture above so need to get the finger out and take some proper ones.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I agree ... trying to hold of on proper pics until springs and spacers are in ... but ill try and get decent shots soon when the weather clears up

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I have a complete rear diffuser in the house if you want to try something different? It's the smooth S version, not the R finned version? Brand new and unfitted, both parts, primed for painting.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I paid £165 for it, from Jag, ended up doing something else, gathering dust under my sofa...

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Adam ... if you have it when I get back from holiday ill definitely take it.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'd paint the centre bit of the diffuser satin black, and the surrounding piece gloss black.

edit: Like this R-S :grinning:

2014-jaguar-xfr-s-rear-end.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Adam ... if you have it when I get back from holiday ill definitely take it.

It'll not go too far Chris, so just give me shout when your back. I've a few other parts too as I said, you might be interested in other stuff, I have spare interior wood trim that I was going to do with CF.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Ill probably leave the interior as is however I may take your all black mats ...

Diffuser would be a nice addition ... open to an offer on it though ?? ;)

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Ill probably leave the interior as is however I may take your all black mats ...

Diffuser would be a nice addition ... open to an offer on it though ?? ;)

Of course! Give me a shout when your back and I'll get it all out and photographed etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.