2010 Jaguar XFR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
As I said to you yesterday bud, excellent choice, absolutely chuffed for you. The last thing we needed in this car park was another bloomin' VAG. :p

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
As I said to you yesterday bud, excellent choice, absolutely chuffed for you. The last thing we needed in this car park was another bloomin' VAG. :p

Cheers mate much appreciated. As I said if you want a rip in it just ask ... however ill need to make sure @Carson gets his drive in it first as he missed the M3 and Hemi when I had them so I owe him first dibs lol

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
That's quite alright, lol. I'll look forward to a passenger spin in it, I wouldn't dare drive it myself. Awesome sound of these by the way, perhaps better than the C63/E63.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That's quite alright, lol. I'll look forward to a passenger spin in it, I wouldn't dare drive it myself. Awesome sound of these by the way, perhaps better than the C63/E63.

Its definitely up there ... not quite as good as the M5 though. DS mode and Dynamics on and it pops etc when its coming off the revs.

However im already looking at the Mina Gallery exhaust system, so ill see how things pan out. Out of guys remove the suitcase box and it livens them up alot.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What's the origins of the engine? Is it a purpose built Jaguar unit or derived from something like an American ford?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
What's the origins of the engine? Is it a purpose built Jaguar unit or derived from something like an American ford?

As far as im aware they originally made the XF SV8 (4.2 V8 Supercharged) as basically their top end sports model. No body changes etc between the SV8 and the standard XF.

Got bad reviews in terms of effort and owners didnt like it as it didnt really standard out to rival M5 or RS models.

Jaguar built the XFR (5.0 V8 Supercharged) , All new body and All new welsh derived engine ... Built specifically for Jaguar. I believe its also used in newer model XKRs aswel.

Engine really is sublime, sounds right when you want it to and has bags & bags of torque. Essentially a 2 ton car and its 0-60 time is around 4.5 seconds.

Last edited:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Perfect family car (y)

The slope of the back door means that a group 0 car seat only fits in and out if you slope if over to the side, meaning your small baby gets tossed around as you put them in and out of the car! Small details! Apart from that it's quite good lol. Fresh looking car in white, health to drive @ChrisL

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I looked into spacers, and the wheels are lug centric which seems to put a few people off!

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
STUNNING, nice choice! good to see something out of the norm!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I looked into spacers, and the wheels are lug centric which seems to put a few people off!

Yes everything seems to be difficult with the XFR.

Eibach springs can sometimes mess up the settings for the dynamic adaptive suspension. However looking at the guys in the US most say they dont get any issues.

Found a company in Australia that make great spacers for them for next to nothing after the exchange rate. Tried and tested on the owners forum so ill probably go for them. 15mm front and 20mm rear.

I tempted to change the Dunlop Sport Maxx however shortly, road noise is woeful and they dont ride very well. Michelin PS's or possibly Avons.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Yes everything seems to be difficult with the XFR.

Eibach springs can sometimes mess up the settings for the dynamic adaptive suspension. However looking at the guys in the US most say they dont get any issues.

Found a company in Australia that make great spacers for them for next to nothing after the exchange rate. Tried and tested on the owners forum so ill probably go for them. 15mm front and 20mm rear.

I tempted to change the Dunlop Sport Maxx however shortly, road noise is woeful and they dont ride very well. Michelin PS's or possibly Avons.

I put Khumo Ecsta Sport KU31 on mine after a bit of research, and was pleased with them at £160 a tyre. I have them on the corsa as well, and they are great in wet and dry, don't spin that much, and understeer predictably. Obviously wear quicker on the bigger car but good predictable grip. Michelin Pilot SS will be better but probably around £260 a tyre. I'm not one to skimp on tyres, but Khumo are an underrated brand imo.

NS Autocare

RMS Regular
Drives
Quite a bit
That is such a beautiful car, health to enjoy buddy. It definitely stands out from a standard XF

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Washed yesterday with a coat of Supernatural...

Springs and spacers will be happening very soon as I've already ordered 15mm spacers for the front. I've also decided that I'm just going to try springs in it and Eibach seem to get the best reviews. Ill worry about whether or not the adaptive suspension complains afterwards :grinning:

Metros on thanks to Neil ...

I'm also going to purchase a TCP Intake setup as it gets rid of the 3 resonators in the intake pipe work so releases some more charger whine. Throttle response is better after application aswel apparently.

20160508_200137.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Oh and calipers will be going gloss back, however ill keep the red caliper clip in place. Not a fan of the all red calipers that come on the R100 model. Even if it was a £350 optional extra :eek:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Washed yesterday with a coat of Supernatural...

Springs and spacers will be happening very soon as I've already ordered 15mm spacers for the front. I've also decided that I'm just going to try springs in it and Eibach seem to get the best reviews. Ill worry about whether or not the adaptive suspension complains afterwards :grinning:

Metros on thanks to Neil ...

I'm also going to purchase a TCP Intake setup as it gets rid of the 3 resonators in the intake pipe work so releases some more charger whine. Throttle response is better after application aswel apparently.

View attachment 113543
That indicator is very orange, can you de tango them?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That indicator is very orange, can you de tango them?

I actually like the orange lense against the white.

However I had looked into how to do it when I was after a Black XFR. However you need to cut the headlights open ... for the sake of a bit of orange I can live with it. At present, now I have a white XFR, I do like it so its win win for me.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I actually like the orange lense against the white.

However I had looked into how to do it when I was after a Black XFR. However you need to cut the headlights open ... for the sake of a bit of orange I can live with it. At present now I have a white XFR I do like it.
Aye stuff cutting headlights open, I'd live with it as well! Lovely note of these, was this at your folks up in Greenisland recently, sure I seen a XFR about up there. Well, I'm guessing it's your folks near the petrol station?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Aye stuff cutting headlights open, I'd live with it as well! Lovely note of these, was this at your folks up in Greenisland recently, sure I seen a XFR about up there. Well, I'm guessing it's your folks near the petrol station?

Thats right and yea that would have been me, dropping off the wee one.

Ive still yet to see an XFR on these shores. Ive only heard of one other one that was spotted, think it was silver, so its nice having something that bit different.

The noise out of it with DS Dynamics mode enabled is lovely, opens the valves in the exhaust up permanently. :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.