a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Brilliant results again @Mark315

It's actually fantastic to see that after a couple of months of use you've still got plenty left!

Testament to how well the products dilute and work!

@ruairi83 - stonebrite is a heavy duty cleaner for wheels. It's brilliant for removing heavy caked in brake dust etc.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Brilliant results again @Mark315

It's actually fantastic to see that after a couple of months of use you've still got plenty left!

Testament to how well the products dilute and work!

@ruairi83 - stonebrite is a heavy duty cleaner for wheels. It's brilliant for removing heavy caked in brake dust etc.[/QUOT
Cheers I though it was tyre slick. Cheers lads

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hi guys,

sorry i've been a bit quiet of late - my wife had our new baby 5 weeks early! Thats another story for another thread, but in the meantime, following on from a conversation with a user on here, who has suggested bringing in some winter type bundle pack, I'm putting the question out to you RMS'ers who have bought and used my products - what would YOU like to see from me offer wise?

I think the £40 bundle pack has been a great success, and will be keeping it going indefinitely - lots of people have bought it, and are still using it, and are recommending it which is even better! If I added some de-icers etc would it be a good idea for a reasonably priced stocking filler for brothers, dads, other halts etc?

thanks in advance

Ross

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Perhaps add some stonebrite and a foam lance to the pack dude.

I know it will push the price up but it will give the average punter everything they need to get going.

I'm almost out of a few things now so I'll be back on to you soon anyway.

I have found that putting articulate into a pump bottle to spray the lower half of the car and wheels works wonders.

My method is now this:

Spray lower half, arches and wheels with articulate.
Sort out hose and karcher whilst it soaks in
Ultrafoam entire car including arches and wheels
Now go and rinse, fill buckets, etc as the foam does its job.
Quick rinse with power hose spending most time on arches and wheels and a quick skiff over the rest of the car.
Run over car with mitt, two buckets with gleam in one.
Rinse with ultra gloss then with just water
Quickly rub any bits left on the wheels that weren't lifted by articulate or foam.
Rinse, then dry using the yellow drying towel.
Windows done with clear view and tyres with megs purple sh*t

Whole lot is now under 30mins as proven in Saturday before the autolifers meet.

Still mighty happy with how the stuff works, still need a foam lance though as the karcher is a thirsty heur through its sucky hose thing.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
That's basically my exact same wash technique Pete. Only thing is I can make it last over an hour before I have to come back into the house :p

I will definitely look into the lances etc. but for what it's worth I'd much rather have you guys go to people who are distributing my range like @Woodcutter who is now an Autobrite official stockist and @Davey@Procar as I wouldn't want to take business away from them for the sake of a few quid. Plus, should something happen to the lances then people would have a direct contact with the manufacturer rather than me as a middle man.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

I know it will push the price up but it will give the average punter everything they need to get going.

I have found that putting articulate into a pump bottle to spray the lower half of the car and wheels works wonders.

My method is now this:

Quick rinse with power hose spending most time on arches and wheels and a quick skiff over the rest of the car.
Quickly rub any bits left on the wheels that weren't lifted by articulate or foam.

Still mighty happy with how the stuff works, still need a foam lance though as the karcher is a thirsty heur through its sucky hose thing.

If you're getting a lance give me a shout and I'll tell you where I got mine. A bottle does the full car, that's with an inch of ultrafoam in the bottom.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's basically my exact same wash technique Pete.

You rinse with the gloss then rinse with water after too? Pete tried telling me last night that he doesn't work the gloss in in any way, but I didn't believe him! :p

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
You rinse with the gloss then rinse with water after too? Pete tried telling me last night that he doesn't work the gloss in in any way, but I didn't believe him! :p

yeah, so basically after I have finished washing the car with gleam, i rinse it down with water. I then spray approx a 20:1 mix of the UltraGloss on the rinsed car, and by the time I've worked my way round the car its time to rinse it off again, and you get this really cool, dripping wet finish

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Use the same method as @PeteMoore and @Big Pimp and it works a treat. Spend roughly an hour doing it. Heres a quick photo of the results from the other day. Any excuse to stick a photo up :p
image.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I assume gleam is a soap just to use with a mitt?

Should've got some of it too really :worried:.

Yes just use it as you would car shampoo. Even comes in a bottle with a handy measurement top. Its absolutely fantastic on the windows as well, like rainex.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Was chatting to Ross today at Bells Tyres, he was getting his jeep washed. Saw the UltraGloss in action, must say I was extremely impressed, the beading after was fantastic and saves a lot of time.

Can't wait to get some of the stuff for myself :grinning:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon

My method is now this:

What dilution ratio are you using for the Articulate? Think I'm going to use some this weekend. Just put it through a pump sprayer?