a-kem automotive

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
i'd be well up for that - it'd be good to put a name to all the faces who have bought from me over the last couple of years!

maybe tie in with @big_pete for a relaxed evening BBQ?

yea that'd be cool before winter sets in, even 1st/2nd October be a good date (y) good excuse for buying more for winter washing... :cool:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hmmnnn.... street racer in Bangor carries some stock.

Davey in ProCar will be getting fully restocked this week with a dedicated shelf carrying my whole range

Who in north down has a good shop I could speak to?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but that Lazer stuff is absolutely brilliant, lol :grinning:

Found another use yesterday. Turns out if you put duck carcasses in the bin, even sealed in heavy duty refuse sacks, and forget to put the bin out for emptying, then when you come back a week later the result can be a bit, well, shall we say "messy" +o( A slight picant aroma in the driveway, many fascinating new life forms forming an entire new ecosystem in the bin, everything covered in interesting juices, etc. Not pretty!

Yes yes, should have known better, lol! How families manage two-week collections with things like used nappies is beyond me :-#

Aaanyway :laughing:

After emptying the bin (everything sealed in five layers of heavy duty refuse sacks, lol, and driven to the dump), all it took to clean up the mess in the bin was a quick spray of Lazer, followed by a power wash. Not even warm water, and no scrubbing. Clean as a whistle. The stuff that came off was not pretty, lol, thankfully I had enough wherewithal to do it out on the pavement and not in the driveway :innocent:

But the effectiveness of Lazer on this stuff is just unreal!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but that Lazer stuff is absolutely brilliant, lol :grinning:

Found another use yesterday. Turns out if you put duck carcasses in the bin, even sealed in heavy duty refuse sacks, and forget to put the bin out for emptying, then when you come back a week later the result can be a bit, well, shall we say "messy" +o( A slight picant aroma in the driveway, many fascinating new life forms forming an entire new ecosystem in the bin, everything covered in interesting juices, etc. Not pretty!

Yes yes, should have known better, lol! How families manage two-week collections with things like used nappies is beyond me :-#

After emptying the bin (everything sealed in five layers of heavy duty refuse sacks, lol, and driven to the dump), all it took to clean up the mess in the bin was a quick spray of Lazer, followed by a power wash. Not even warm water, and no scrubbing. Clean as a whistle. The stuff that came off was not pretty, lol, thankfully I had enough wherewithal to do it out on the pavement and not in the driveway :innocent:

Seen on Sky news the other day that a few councils over on the mainland are starting a once a month bin collection +o(

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late

There's actually something really cool in Lazer - it thins blood etc out so butchers and food processing plants etc. Love it!

Glad it worked so well for you my man!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There's actually something really cool in Lazer - it thins blood etc out so butchers and food processing plants etc. Love it!

Yep, saw that on the back label. Aimed at the food processing industry, anything from kitchens to abattoirs.

Anything fatty, greasy, or in any way organic, and Lazer will have it off in a second. And the best degreaser ever! In case I never mentioned that, lol :innocent:

Awesome (y)

Deleted member 23441

D
The TFR is a brilliant for all-round general cleaning of stuff, anything from wheels and cars to bikes and paving stones (y)

Seems reasonably non-toxic and safe as well, no solvents or acids or anything like that.
what ratio do you mix TFR ??

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
as per the instructions mate - I normally put approx 60:1 based on the bottle I use.

Here is a small example of wheels I cleaned over the weekend, on a mini valet I done.

This is a very typical example of alloys which are pitted with brake dust, and are just not particularly well taken care of.

All I done at this stage was spray them with Articulate and allowed it to dwell for approx 3 or 4 mins. I then rinsed them with the powerhose, but did not manually agitate them. Articulate cleaned them to an acceptable level, and had I of agitated them it would have cleaned them substantially, but not as clean as I knew they could be.

IMG_2971.JPG

this pic shows the finished item. Following on from the above photo, following an initial clean using Articulate, I then sprayed the wheels with UltraBrite, and allowed to dwell for around a minute. It is very important to not allow this to dry on the surface. I then used a small 'detailing' brush (which all look like pastry brushes to me, so thats what I used, lol) to clean between the spokes and cleaned the face with a wheel mitt (I was wearing a pair of my black nitrile gloves to protect my hands)

I then blasted the wheels, giving them a thorough rinse and then dressed the tyres also.

IMG_2975.JPG

Simple!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

A little goes a very long way. For general cleaning of just about anything - bikes, cars, even driveway, lol - as per the bottle. To be honest I probably end up with a little more, hard to measure small amounts like that, but roughly as per bottle at least. I have a wee 5l pressure sprayer thing that is brilliant for it.

For wheels TFR is the only thing I use, just agitate with a brush and it removes just about anything. The UltraBrite acid will obviously do more if you really wanted show condition, as above, just a bit overkill for me. And not too keen messing about with acids in general, lol :grinning:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Actually - another photo to show a dramatic difference - taken before any cleaning occurred.

Wheels as found - months of brake dust and dirt which has never been cleaned properly.

Wheels were sprayed with Articulate, and allowed to dwell. A layer of ultra foam was then applied and tyres were scrubbed. Wheels were not agitated.

All powerhosed off and then UltraBrite sprayed on wheel faces. UltraFoam was then sprayed to give longer dwell time.

Pastry brush was used for cleaning spokes joins along with my UltraGlove to do faces and sides.

Thoroughly rinsed off and dressed tyres with UltraSlick.

IMG_2972.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG