a-kem automotive

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I use UltraBrite on the wheels so I don't have to touch them and can just powerhouse them. Laziness at its finest lol.

Washed my car last week and hadn't been done since MOT in early August and I just hose it off, sprayed articulate on, let it sit for 5mins, then Ultrafoam, left it another 5mins and just hosed the lot off.

The UltraBrite on the wheels, left for a few minutes, snowfoamed them and hosed off.

Job done :p

Great gear for contactless washing in winter and when your lazy.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When using Ultrabrite, how do you stop it getting on the brake discs? Would not fancy spraying them with acid.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Ross do you have anything developed yet to remove iron fallout?

Need to get a order in soon.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
When using Ultrabrite, how do you stop it getting on the brake discs? Would not fancy spraying them with acid.
It's very difficult to stop contact with the brake discs @svensktoppen

Couple,of things I've done in the past is to wet the discs first so acid doesn't come in contact on bare metal, or else take it for a spin afterwards with your foot just on the brakes to 'clean' them.

You could maybe try giving them a squirt of silicone on the discs?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I don't stop it getting on at all, it does stain the discs rightly and does affect the brake in a bit. But as long as you know this your fine.

The first time I go down the lane/road after using it I just ride the brake lightly and the discs rub clean very quickly.

Must take pictures next time, it really isn't a problem in my opinion.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I suppose it might not be any worse than when you park up for a few days with damp discs... Just a little cautious as the AP discs on the Audi are ridiculously expensive, lol :grinning:

The ones on the Hondus are basically throw-away in comparison.

The water trick sounds like a good idea, if nothing else I suppose it would dilute the acid a bit (y)

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
How much for alloy wheel cleaner,snow foam and a few microfibres cloths and which products would you recommend thanks.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Just to let everyone know, @Davey@Procar has now got a dedicated Anachem shelf.

It has my most popular products in all sizes..

Articulate in 5lt and 2lt sizes
UltraFoam in 5lt and 2lt
UltraGloss in 1lt
Tarminator in 1lt (comes with the chemical resistant sprayer and black plush microfibre for marr free tar removal)
Gleam in the 1lt self measuring bottle
Clearview with the microfibre cloth twin packs
UltraMitts for wheel cleaning (same as wowo but cheaper)
UltraGloves for washing (exact same as gTechniq's)
A variety of my drying towels and the brand new 1000GSM seamless cloth. There is nothing as plush as this on the market. It is unreal!
Decosol screen wash and de-icer bottles also

More to be added as and when I bring them in!

He's got a load of my air fresheners so anyone who calls to buy from him will get a couple for free!

Ant

RMS Regular
ah nice that's handy to my work must get up to pick up some more clearview and articulate :laughing:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
@Big Pimp Do you have any recommendations or storage solutions for stacking your 25ltr drums? So they can be stored on their sides with the taps fitted for easier access?

I was going to make up some shelving but thought there may already be a mini racking system to store 2 - 3 of these so better to ask the question first.

(y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp Do you have any recommendations or storage solutions for stacking your 25ltr drums? So they can be stored on their sides with the taps fitted for easier access?

I was going to make up some shelving but thought there may already be a mini racking system to store 2 - 3 of these so better to ask the question first.

(y)
hello mate,

when the drums are full, they sit on top of each other on the wee dimples - this is how we ship them and stack them by the pallet.

I have no other kind of storage solutions but they can be stored on their sides with taps fitted for easy dispensing.

a wee simple shelf from homebase etc. would be ideal maybe and then you can keep all your cleaning supplies in the one area.

thanks

Ross

O.C.D

RMS Regular
hello mate,

when the drums are full, they sit on top of each other on the wee dimples - this is how we ship them and stack them by the pallet.

I have no other kind of storage solutions but they can be stored on their sides with taps fitted for easy dispensing.

a wee simple shelf from homebase etc. would be ideal maybe and then you can keep all your cleaning supplies in the one area.

thanks

Ross
This sort of thing holds nine 25lt containers lying flat no bother ........

s-l500.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I have one of them, no way it would take 50kg (two 25l drums) on a shelf.

But yes, plenty of shelving options.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
This sort of thing holds nine 25lt containers lying flat no bother ........

s-l500.jpg

Yes it was this kind of structure I thought might exist but I thought there may be a purpose made one is all perhaps made of metal to take the weight, I had seen similar options in screwfix etc but just didn't know if they'd be up to holding 3 - 4 full containers as most of them seem like relatively light plastic.

Yeah it was the fact there could be 50 - 100 kilos on the shelving that was making me ask the question.

I was hoping to find something easy to buy off the shelf to save me knocking something together.

Thanks for the input gents :grinning:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully

Cheers boss (y) I'm having a look through those now.

I have similar shelving in the shed which is a bit 'flimsy' when there's weight put on it - so was hoping to find something small a(so it's hopefully more rigid). In the carport / garage where I'd like this stuff to go (to store the Anachem stuff in particular), I'm trying to keep it neat and in my head I thought there might be some type of racking like what's used to store water cooler bottles (something like the pic below) to keep them tidy but easily accessible too.

water cooler.JPG

They aren't the cheapest and the main problem is I can't be completely sure the drums Ross supplies would fit in the holders designed for Ballygowan's finest :party:

O.C.D

RMS Regular

Thats why i said "THIS SORT OF THING" in my post ...i have plastic shelving like that above but there heavy duty plastic shelving but plastic shelves none the less and I have 3..25lts on the top shelf ..3..25lts on the middle shelf and about 14 or 15 5lt containers on the bottom and the shelving has had no ill effects for years.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
@Big Pimp Ross, have you a price list of the automotive products available, also mitts, towels etc, Haven't had an order from you in quite a while so lost touch of what you have.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Ross do you have anything for cleaning house tiles? Ours are glossy in the kitchen and bathrooms and whatever we use always leaves a smeary finish, no matter how much/little we use

Attachments

• IMG_1018.JPG
    IMG_1018.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 73

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross do you have anything for cleaning house tiles? Ours are glossy in the kitchen and bathrooms and whatever we use always leaves a smeary finish, no matter how much/little we use
hello mate, i do indeed, however, I will give you the advice I give all my customers.

firstly, no matter what chemical you use, you're likely using too much, or more to the point there is likely to be residues left.

I advise all my customers to once a week wash the floor with hot water and nothing else. Think about it like having a shower. You wouldn't get out from a shower after lathering yourself up and just dry yourself off without first rinsing yourself off. your floors are the same.

As @O.C.D says, steamers are a good investment if you have a lot of tiled floors, but I don't use them myself and I have approx 1000ft2 of them.

I mop the floors using a small amount of chemical in hot water with a mop.
I then rinse the floor using a flat microfibre and clean hot water.
Finally, I dry the floor off using a clean microfibre cloth on the end of the flat mop, and my floors are perfectly streak free