A4 B8 S-Line

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Photoshop looks well mate. Far classier looking although I have to admit I'm not a fan of the wind deflectors or the big exhaust tips either lol

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Photoshop looks well mate. Far classier looking although I have to admit I'm not a fan of the wind deflectors or the big exhaust tips either lol
Cheers surr, the wind deflectors are coming off as they don't go with the overall look I've got planned for the car. With regards to the exhaust, I'm changing those for smaller ones, but you'd be hard pushed to find a modified B8 which doesn't have huge tunnels on the back of it haha

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Decided to treat myself today, been looking a 2 digit NI reg for a while now, so I bought this.

Should look well on her

6B0AE62E-1E2C-491F-AD67-10CC86E87961.png_zpso7xe5qgf.jpeg

brendy

RMS Regular
Nice plate! Where did it come from?
Why is it nice? Sorry to keep querying people's fascination with government registration numbers.
I don't get it at all 5 digit, 6 or 7 digit it still looks the same on any car only difference is instead of paying road tax, fuel vat, fuel duty, insurance premium, insurance tax, you're paying for a plastic plate with alpha numericals on it too when the government give them out free. Crazy.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Why is it nice? Sorry to keep querying people's fascination with government registration numbers.
I don't get it at all 5 digit, 6 or 7 digit it still looks the same on any car only difference is instead of paying road tax, fuel vat, fuel duty, insurance premium, insurance tax, you're paying for a plastic plate with alpha numericals on it too when the government give them out free. Crazy.
If we all liked the same sort of thing the world would be a boring place.

What looks to be a plastic plate with numbers and letters on it to you, is an investment to others, and because it's much shorter than a normal plate, looks much nicer

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo

Dunno what the significance (if any) is for azza or how much he paid for it but we have rez 78 & 79 to correspond with birthdates .

If I sold them today I'd make money but tbh I think they do add something to a car.

Azza- the front wheel looks to be sitting at a weird angle.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Decided to treat myself today, been looking a 2 digit NI reg for a while now, so I bought this.

Should look well on her

6B0AE62E-1E2C-491F-AD67-10CC86E87961.png_zpso7xe5qgf.jpeg

After all these yrs you have finally listened to me lol I even said about the exhaust before lol

If you could find tips that matched the contours of the bumper it would look perfect

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
After all these yrs you have finally listened to me lol I even said about the exhaust before lol

If you could find tips that matched the contours of the bumper it would look perfect
I knew one day I'd make you proud Andy ;)

brendy

RMS Regular
Dunno what the significance (if any) is for azza or how much he paid for it but we have rez 78 & 79 to correspond with birthdates .
But you have birth certificates for that? ( plus I'd be certain your names are spelt fully and correctly on it instead of rez, aez or whatever randomness) you don't stick them to the front and rear of the car.

Cro

RMS Regular
Purely aesthetics @brendy no plate on some cars looks better than standard

As does having a 1,2,3 digit and so on. Depends on the car, I think its rare to find a personal/meaningfull reg that suits the car but theres definitely a noticeable aesthetic difference in smaller digit plates. As does lowering a car 10/15/20mm do wonders for it looks, but tell that to any Joe bloggs they'll look at you funny.

I expected better from a seasoned RMS'r tisk tisk :p

brendy

RMS Regular
Purely aesthetics @brendy no plate on some cars looks better than standard

As does having a 1,2,3 digit and so on. Depends on the car, I think its rare to find a personal/meaningfull reg that suits the car but theres definitely a noticeable aesthetic difference in smaller digit plates. As does lowering a car 10/15/20mm do wonders for it looks, but tell that to any Joe bloggs they'll look at you funny.

I expected better from a seasoned RMS'r tisk tisk :p
Hehe, But but but it's just a number plate. I'd sooner spend the money on something that improves the car as a vehicle, not just what everyone but you can see. I know I am in the minority as this has filtered in from the mainland populations hellish desire to appear to be a class above their station.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Hehe, But but but it's just a number plate. I'd sooner spend the money on something that improves the car as a vehicle, not just what everyone but you can see. I know I am in the minority as this has filtered in from the mainland populations hellish desire to appear to be a class above their station.

Says the X5 owner lol

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
hellish desire to appear to be a class above their station.

I don't see how a number plate can make you a 'class above your station' lol

Certain car brands yes, but you expect that from others lol

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A

Don't you know that RMS is obsessed with number plates? Number of digits, fonts, plate size, spacing and positioning are all things that can make or break an RMS 'build'.

That said I did get a plate over Xmas - 1) it was a present, 2) it was cheap, 3) it vaguely resembles my name and 4) it was in circulation when I was born. I don't get why people would play thousands for ABC 12 just because it's a short plate.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
I don't see how a number plate can make you a 'class above your station' lol

Certain car brands yes, but you expect that from others lol

And even that shows lack of understanding when you can pay big money for a high miler Audi and the guy next door paid twice the price for his new(ish) skoda vrs....same cars and all that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.