A4 B8 S-Line

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
@Gaz

It would have to be a phased approach. I can only imagine loosing all those scene points at one go would be equivalent to when Rocko lost all the likes when the patsy thread was deleted, devastation all round.

You're probably right. Going cold-turkey at this time of year is too much for one man to handle and also incredibly unseasonal.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Thanks for the replies guys, I knew the number plate would be the first thing to get commented on. We can all agree cars look better without any front plates but here, one is required by law so I'm on it :grinning: I'm getting a pair of the short plates made up, where there is basically no gap at either side, (does anyone know the legalities of these?)

I'm also off tomorrow for Christmas so the silly windscreen sticker is getting removed, I've planned do do that for the last few weeks anyway.

Lowering a bit more is also on the cards for the new show season :grinning:

Thanks for the nice comments about the car guys.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
You also have more stuff hanging from your rear view mirror than I do in my cloakroom
Haha a couple of lanyards and a few air freshners, these are also annoying me lately so are getting removed lol

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Is Brennan growing up?!? :p Seriously though the car will look so much better for it.

With regards to the number plate I believe you need to have at least 11mm of reflective plate around the letters of the registration and a British Standard mark for it to be legal.

For vehicles with new or replacement number plates fitted from 1 September 2001, registration numbers can no longer be shown over three lines (unless the vehicle was first registered before 1 January 1973). Also, the letters and numbers (characters) on number plates bought since 1 September 2001 will need to meet the following standards:
- Characters must be 79mm tall
- Characters (except the number 1 or letter I) must be 50mm wide
- The character stroke (the thickness of the black print) must be 14mm
- The space between characters must be 11mm
- The space between the age identifier and the random letters must be 33mm
- The margins at the top, bottom and side of the plate must be 11mm
- Vertical space between the age identifier and the random numbers must be 19mm

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Thanks for the replies guys, I knew the number plate would be the first thing to get commented on. We can all agree cars look better without any front plates but here, one is required by law so I'm on it :grinning: I'm getting a pair of the short plates made up, where there is basically no gap at either side, (does anyone know the legalities of these?)

I'm also off tomorrow for Christmas so the silly windscreen sticker is getting removed, I've planned do do that for the last few weeks anyway.

Lowering a bit more is also on the cards for the new show season :grinning:

Thanks for the nice comments about the car guys.

Hallelujah. Good man @Brennan ,you've seen the light. Don't get me wrong, you should have seen the crap I had stuck on some of my cars in my younger days and I thought it was the business when really I would have been getting laughed at. Subtle mods are the way to go (y) I think it's low enough by the way, looks perfect to me.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
On the number plate note I watched a knob in a civic getting stopped by a policewoman in Portrush (just in front of barrys). Number plate in front window. She made him put it back on there and then. About 10 minutes later he comes round again with the plate back in the window and she's still standing there shaking her head. She pulled him in again and booked him. What a complete wab !!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
If you didn't want to run the plate all the time would it be possible to mount a couple of magnets or something on the grill that would be quite discreet, then two on the rear of the plate and then you can remove it as and when you please?

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Number plate slightly smaller and relocated, rear deflector removed, sh1te on windscreen removed, sorted.

View attachment 101515

hqdefault.jpg
Plates wonky !!

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Right guys so here's the plan

EB27DADF-3BDC-4F84-B033-91BB7C520207_zps6frlnfzf.jpg

What do you guys think of the gloss black mirrors, to match my plans for the gloss black diffuser and window trim. My grill is also gloss.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Haven't read this thread in a while.

I would agree get all the crap off the car as it makes it look silly. I would remove the wind deflectors as well for some reason I just associate them with smoking.

Not sure I am liking the splitter think it takes away from the grill and bumper slightly.

If it were me I would:

Remove the splitter
Remove the stickers
Do the mirrors gloss black
Stick LED rears in
Bin the wind deflectors
Do not put a back window spoiler near it.

It's a very classy car and tat like that cheapens it.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Black mirrors look great.

The plate is cut too close to the letters...a 4/5 digit NI Plate could pull off this better imo

Splitter looks great

Don't put a felt spec spoiler on

Can u get a small lip carbon spoiler on the rear boot lid?

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Black mirrors look great.

The plate is cut too close to the letters...a 4/5 digit NI Plate could pull off this better imo

Splitter looks great

Don't put a felt spec spoiler on

Can u get a small lip carbon spoiler on the rear boot lid?
The plate was just a photoshop I'd done, the real plates have a slightly bigger gap at the sides. I'm looking a 2 digit NI plate in the new year so that will come in time.

I already have a boot spoiler but it's body coloured, its bonded on so it don't think it's coming off in a hurry lol

Cheers (y)

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I like the splitter and the mirrors done black would be great, as would a shortened plate.

I can't help but think a different set of wheels would really help. Something with less spokes or a bit chunkier.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Been doing a lot of thinking tonight, obviously I want the car right for the shows in the new year but I could save myself some hassle and run with the current wheels again but revitalise them with a new colour.

I did a photoshop of my ideas and along with my other gloss black plans it just seems to work and tie in. The car looks transformed with minimal work.

These plans will add a whole new aggression to the look of the car, compared to the reserved look it has at the moment.

Rear wheels will have spacers to fill them out a bit and the front has been lowered an further roughly 10-12mm. Hideous windscreen sticker also removed.

What do you think guys?

D0C7F0CE-5070-4844-B595-6134947B1172_zpseltwmeub.jpg

Wheel Colour: Audi Daytona Metallic

PS. The car will have front and back plates, so please nobody mention this.

Last edited:

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Been doing a lot of thinking tonight, obviously I want the car right for the shows in the new year but I could save myself some hassle and run with the current wheels again but revitalise them with a new colour.

I did a photoshop of my ideas and along with my other gloss black plans it just seems to work and tie in. The car looks transformed with minimal work.

These plans will add a whole new aggression to the look of the car, compared to the reserved look it has at the moment.

Rear wheels will have spacers to fill them out a bit and the front has been lowered an further roughly 10-12mm. Hideous windscreen sticker also removed.

What do you think guys?

D0C7F0CE-5070-4844-B595-6134947B1172_zpseltwmeub.jpg

Wheel Colour: Audi Daytona Metallic

PS. The car will have front and back plates, so please nobody mention this.
Think that looks really well. I really like the wheels I must admit!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
In my opinion the wheels look great .Ref . front plate, what i have seen other Audi people with that same grill is they drill very small hole at each side of the plate then use small black cable ties to fix it to the grill then trim the ties ...looks well for daily driving but at a show or meet just snip the ties off and at the end of show just refit in the same manner ..no bulky backing plate needed to mess up the grill. Only a suggestion tho

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.