Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Wasn't me not guilty. Lol. Believe it or not I was washing mine at that time yesterday. Lol. I'd of had a go with your Sti to the speed limit off course. :p

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
So iam doing away with the orange hose kit and going for arden blue direct route hose kit which will mean doing away with rubbish looking crossover. Just waiting to hear when my carbon mirrors are going to be ready :laughing:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Busy morning wheels off and ready to go to nuluk. Gave the brakes there first few coats off paint. Front grill removed to sort the Vauxhall badge out part off the exhaust cleaned. Wheel arches detared still need dressed. Also started to buff the car not bad but thought while its off the road for abit may aswell leave it as good as possible. some more goodies bought last night and ordering my carbon mirrors next week. Still abit more painting to do at the brakes. Finish buffing it then seal the paint dress the arches etc Some pictures wee before and after off the rear box

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Am I being stupid or has the edit thread title disappeared?
You can only chance the title so many times then it disappears.

Edit:
Cars looking really well, if you're going for dark alloys the rear diffuser painted gloss black would be nice!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
The alloys are going to be a nice colour and have a few plans for the exterior but don't want to go to mad. Lol. Think the carbon mirrors will be nice was thinking off changing the chrome boot strip and painting it Arden blue.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
The alloys are going to be a nice colour and have a few plans for the exterior but don't want to go to mad. Lol. Think the carbon mirrors will be nice was thinking off changing the chrome boot strip and painting it Arden blue.
The carbon mirror covers will look well indeed!
I'd change the chrome strip to black along with the diffuser and alloys and the strip at the front grill too :p. Lovely car as it sits anyway, would really like a Nurburgring VXR!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Funny you say that I've the front grill out and really don't know what to do wheather to leave it or paint it. :confounded: Lol. Buy a nurburg I'd love one but I've put to much into this now so it'll be staying for at least a few years. I'd say for a nurburg you would end up in England I've only ever seen 2 for sale over here.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Funny you say that I've the front grill out and really don't know what to do wheather to leave it or paint it. :confounded: Lol. Buy a nurburg I'd love one but I've put to much into this now so it'll be staying for at least a few years. I'd say for a nurburg you would end up in England I've only ever seen 2 for sale over here.
Yeah I like the burgs as they aren't that common. I've known of 3 that have came up for sale. 1 on RMS, 1 at Cmv motors Boucher road then another one on gumtree. I actually rang Vaxhuall Bangor to see if they could find me one, there was only 1 person that said he would sell and his car was really bad condition inside and out and was looking stupid money!
They still seem to be strong money!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Yup there still strong money I had looked at an artic vxr there just as silly when it comes to pricing. I remember seeing the one at cmv and I seen one on gumtree with reveloution alloys and that's been it in the past 2 years. The way I looked at it I know what I've got with mine touch wood it's gave me no issues there's only 30k on it and it's near half the price off the equal burg or artic. Some of the astra vxr I've seen advertised lately I think there all going up in price there's a few on there 8-9 k with double the miles of mine and I would be fairly confident they wouldn't be just as clean. Il keep mine until the mk2 focus rs is abit cheaper. :p

loliver

RMS Regular
Drives
nurburgring 223
To be fair though you cant really compare the price of an Arden (most common) to either of the limited edition models. Off course the limited edition is going to be alot more money.

Yours is a lovely clean example, don't get me wrong. Colour coded grille will look good- I couldn't wait to get rid of the chrome.

Lee

RMS Regular
If you're painting the rear boot strip definately don't do it black! Paint it arden blue and keep the front V blue also. But the rear diffuser would be nice in black.

Just my opinion but I've seen one done that way and its miles ahead of one with black grille, boot strip etc.

Car looks well as is ofc, nice reg!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
To be fair though you cant really compare the price of an Arden (most common) to either of the limited edition models. Off course the limited edition is going to be alot more money.

Yours is a lovely clean example, don't get me wrong. Colour coded grille will look good- I couldn't wait to get rid of the chrome.
I agree of course the limited editions are always going to be that bit more expensive id love a burg but I would find it hard to spend that extra money after the money & time spent on this. I wanted the blue for the reason that people know what it is straight away. If I was back on the market for a vxr I think it would be a burg

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
If you're painting the rear boot strip definately don't do it black! Paint it arden blue and keep the front V blue also. But the rear diffuser would be nice in black.

Just my opinion but I've seen one done that way and its miles ahead of one with black grille, boot strip etc.

Car looks well as is ofc, nice reg!
Few more bits to sort tomorrow looking forward to getting the wheels fresh looking. Love the reg trying to get the wife a tcz 3 digit. Less out doing a bit more buffing can't wait to get it back on the road already. Lol.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Few more bits to sort tomorrow looking forward to getting the wheels fresh looking. Love the reg trying to get the wife a tcz 3 digit. Less out doing a bit more buffing can't wait to get it back on the road already. Lol.
Do you use a rotary or DA? Bought myself a rotary but a little scared to use it lol

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Do you use a rotary or DA? Bought myself a rotary but a little scared to use it lol
Rotary pal I take it it's adjustable speed start slow and work your way up. I've a few panels here think I've a focus st wing and few others if you want one to attack. Lol

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Rotary pal I take it it's adjustable speed start slow and work your way up. I've a few panels here think I've a focus st wing and few others if you want one to attack. Lol
Yeah sure is. Yeah I'd love one if you have no use for it. Put an advert up on scoobyireland asking for one but no one has came through lol.. where Abouts in the world are you based?

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Lisburn mate you can take this wing anytime your about if your not to far. It's good straight wing no damage etc. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.