Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Sadly having to place the car up for sale. Due to new commitments will place a for sale ad later this evening or tomorrow. Just incase anyone on here would be or knows anyone who may be interested. The car is perfect in everyway and has been maintained to a high standard.

jp112

RMS Regular
Drives
Exeo
Sadly having to place the car up for sale. Due to new commitments will place a for sale ad later this evening or tomorrow. Just incase anyone on here would be or knows anyone who may be interested. The car is perfect in everyway and has been maintained to a high standard.
What sort of BHP is this thing running man?
Definitely an awesome car :grinning:

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Having owned this car myself I can vouch that it got everything it ever needed (and more) and is absolutely immaculate. Probably the best VXR around.

GLWS mate !

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Its around the 260 mark. Will be sad to see It go still haven't got round to advertising it yet might do it tomorrow trying too put it off. :worried: Have been looking at what to replace it with and there's nothing that even interests me in the slightest what Iam buying now will need to be something that won't need cleaned every 5 minutes and that I can park somewhere without worrying about it.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Its around the 260 mark. Will be sad to see It go still haven't got round to advertising it yet might do it tomorrow trying too put it off. :worried: Have been looking at what to replace it with and there's nothing that even interests me in the slightest what Iam buying now will need to be something that won't need cleaned every 5 minutes and that I can park somewhere without worrying about it.

Now you know exactly why I sold it lol. I hated leaving it anywhere !
Don't care where I park the golf now (within reason).

The vxr rr'd a healthy 267bhp at autotune when I had it.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Yea that's part of the reason Iam selling it but there's a few other things which Iam trying to sort out but don't think it's going to work out

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Very nice, arden blue is the only color for a vxr!still miss mine but rwd fun makes up for it lol
Good luck with the sale! They can br hard enough sold on!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Well have an r32 golf home 07 dsg. Nice miles decent price but just can't warm to it. Have the chance to buy my old st focus back but needs abit of work to get it back to what I had it at. Washed the vxr today and realised just how nice a car it is and just how clean the car is. I've now no need to change it as got sorted with are multi car to add a 3rd car. Really don't know what to do.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Well have an r32 golf home 07 dsg. Nice miles decent price but just can't warm to it. Have the chance to buy my old st focus back but needs abit of work to get it back to what I had it at. Washed the vxr today and realised just how nice a car it is and just how clean the car is. I've now no need to change it as got sorted with are multi car to add a 3rd car. Really don't know what to do.

A proper hot hatch dilema. A lot of people would probably say never to buy a car back though, others may disagree but if its been abused could be a handful of problems.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
It's more bodywork that needs sorting front bumper scuffed. Alloys need re painted. Some of the plastic trim needs redone gloss black. And that was only at a glance really as the vxr sits it's just there to use when needs be. Have seen a few nice st focus but there 1500 more than what I paid for mine 3 years ago. Lol.

Ruth

RMS Regular
how do you find the r32 compared to the vxr? I took a notion for one after the VXR and test drove 2 (one standard, one mapped with full miltek) and found them both quite lazy and drab compared to the vxr. Still a lovely car mind.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I haven't bought the r32 just have it home for a few days and honestly it does nothing for me the noise is nice but I find it boring I don't know if it's because it's black and a dsg but it'll be going back on Monday and I've no intentions on looking at another one. The wife said to me today sometimes your better keeping what you have. Have looked at m3 but there not for me maybe I should get a push bike. Lol.

Ruth

RMS Regular
I found the exact same about the r32, the vxr was so much more fun to drive I think. I had an e46 M3 after the VXR and I didn't like it at all either.. nice car and all that just not for me! Think I just like boost too much lol

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thought I'd gave it another clean some idiot must have been using something near the car the roof & bonnet had a rough feeling overspray or the likes somewhere it's been sitting quick clay polished & sealed. And a set of genuine Vxr astra mats won on eBay for a total of £9.60 posted.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
There's the best Arden blue you'll find over here would do you the best. Lol. Nurburg and also the artic editions are fantastic looking very rarely come up for sale over here.

jp112

RMS Regular
Drives
Exeo
There's the best Arden blue you'll find over here would do you the best. Lol. Nurburg and also the artic editions are fantastic looking very rarely come up for sale over here.
PM your price bud?
Really considering one of these. Anything useful to know would be appreciated

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Arden one passes me sometimes when I'm in the queue of traffic leaving work, real nice note from it (y)

Much prefer this to the newer shape too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.