Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Car developed abit of a boost issue on Sunday on the way to cruise for cancer. Plugged in and seems to be either the maf or map sensor so planning to change them. Also have the direct route system coming along with the extended maf wiring carbon mirrors are hopefully not far off. Next thing is looking to be to fit the factory xenon headlamps.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Car developed abit of a boost issue on Sunday on the way to cruise for cancer. Plugged in and seems to be either the maf or map sensor so planning to change them. Also have the direct route system coming along with the extended maf wiring carbon mirrors are hopefully not far off. Next thing is looking to be to fit the factory xenon headlamps.

Your maf wires are already extended mate.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini

Factory xenons are great, I wouldn't expect that to be cheap to add though!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Factory xenons are great, I wouldn't expect that to be cheap to add though!
Yes they are pal the one thing I always wanted evanshalshaw are on the Vxr forum and do a good deal on them so that will be the next stop want to get everything gathered up over next few months then can stick it in the garage in the winter and tinker away with it. Lol.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Yeagh mate there was an astra 2.2 airbox direct route on your car at one time and the maf wiring was extended for this so the cable should be long enough for your new set up. Check it first though.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
Yes they are pal the one thing I always wanted evanshalshaw are on the Vxr forum and do a good deal on them so that will be the next stop want to get everything gathered up over next few months then can stick it in the garage in the winter and tinker away with it. Lol.

If you retrofit them, will they be "tided" into the steering as my factory fit xenons have that AFL system I think its called (the headlights track the steering angle)

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Nope that's the only thing but Iam not really bothered by that really think it'll smarten the front up. Just need to find a good xenon bulbs to go along with them.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Well that's the direct route fitted and @Iain Traynor was correct no extended maf needed so will sell it and hopefully get some of the money back. Car decided it would drain the battery so all being well a charge will sort it. Anyway few pictures of the new addition and some from cruise for cancer @Marc.W next thing to do now is paint the rocker cover as the crossover has marked the top of it just need to pick a colour.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
looking good buddy!
mines got a little bit of a wine once its warmed up, think a bearing is away in the alternator :worried:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
looking good buddy!
mines got a little bit of a wine once its warmed up, think a bearing is away in the alternator :worried:
Thanks pal. Well mine needed a battery so got one today. Touch wood mines been pretty good so far battery that boost issue and had to put a radiator in it after the old one started to leak then just the usual servicing of it. Had it a year this month and at most have spent £200-£250 maintaining it. Have you done much driving in the burg looks fantastic.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Thanks pal. Well mine needed a battery so got one today. Touch wood mines been pretty good so far battery that boost issue and had to put a radiator in it after the old one started to leak then just the usual servicing of it. Had it a year this month and at most have spent £200-£250 maintaining it. Have you done much driving in the burg looks fantastic.

Yeh the Vxr is my daily lol!
Turns out the sound is the timing belt :worried: but getting it sorted tomoro after work.

How you find yours?
Does it go better with a map?

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I love it starting to enjoy it more now that I've all the wee bits sorted on it alloys etc. mine still needs a new map but really as it drives now Iam unsure wheather it's worth the hassle as they don't take to being mapped the forum vxronline is very good if your not already on it. Thinking of painting the rocker cover the Subaru black that has the flake through it or Arden blue. Have you much done to yours @Scuba Steve

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
What are the burg mirrors like I know there not proper carbon but the guy that was making my carbon mirrors is messing me around so thinking of buying burg mirrors for it but at £100 they would need to look good. Lol.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
What are the burg mirrors like I know there not proper carbon but the guy that was making my carbon mirrors is messing me around so thinking of buying burg mirrors for it but at £100 they would need to look good. Lol.

tbh they look good, for the price of them cant go wrong

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Think il go for them then courtney sport do them for £91 only thing is you've to attach them to the original mirror covers now well so people say anyway. I've the extended maf hopefully sold and getting my money back from the other mirrors so that'll pay for the burg mirrors and the rocker cover repaint.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
So took the chance today to remove 2 very fine scratches on the glass with the buff & ceri glass. Have ordered a carbon fibre spark plug cover and all being well rocker cover will be painted within in next few weeks took an hour an threw a coat of glaze over it and il stick a coat of wax on later.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.