Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
So after not being able to find a suitable focus st either being to dear or needing to much work decided to prep the astra for the winter. Decontaminated with dragons breath. Clayed. Compounded with menzerna fg400 gloss with orange lake country pad. Refined with 3m ultrafina blue on a black lake country pad. Coat of HD wax. Glass all refined with ceri glass. Alloys removed polished waxed and sealed. Paintwork glass and alloys then sealed with gtechniq c2 v3 liquid crystal. Door checks all polished and waxed. Engine bay fully polished and waxed. And the finished product. Was about time I treated my own car to it for a change.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
So after not being able to find a suitable focus st either being to dear or needing to much work decided to prep the astra for the winter. Decontaminated with dragons breath. Clayed. Compounded with menzerna fg400 gloss with orange lake country pad. Refined with 3m ultrafina blue on a black lake country pad. Coat of HD wax. Glass all refined with ceri glass. Alloys removed polished waxed and sealed. Paintwork glass and alloys then sealed with gtechniq c2 v3 liquid crystal. Door checks all polished and waxed. Engine bay fully polished and waxed. And the finished product. Was about time I treated my own car to it for a change.

Motor is absolutely immaculate. Great work. Disappointing you couldnt get an ST, but in saying that, the astra is looking very well!! Are you going to match the rear chrome strip to the grill? Also, feel free to treat my motor to that level of cleaning, and ill borrow the vxr ;) haha.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So I'm not the only one thinking a good st is stupit money ATM.New shape just s3 money still and wouldn't put that into a car to drive it 4 miles a day.Astra looks great as usual.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
So I'm not the only one thinking a good st is stupit money ATM.New shape just s3 money still and wouldn't put that into a car to drive it 4 miles a day.Astra looks great as usual.
No your not when I have this that stands me reasonable money with 30k on it that needs nothing if a nice proper st was on offer if have it but then the pricing of things people seem to be now pricing there cars alongside main dealers which is never going to work. Don't get me wrong like all my cars il give that bit extra for something that's bang on but not over the top.

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Great example of a VXR, just got one for a friend last night, hard to find good ones at the minute

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Thanks. Have seen a lot more of them popping up over here lately.

I would imagine since the prices have dropped a good bit they are more affordable now, still miss my arden blue, the colour is amazing when polished and waxed

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Arden blue, popped up on autotrader yesterday in ballyrobert, was 2008 so a little older than what was wanted but once they got a drive in it etc they were sold.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Good stuff. Ballyrobert seem to be good to deal with. Had one before I bought mine which I just missed out on but always called when they got another one before I bought mine private.

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Yeh they were good, it only arrived in yesterday morning and a few people had already looked before I got there last night. might pick your brain sometime on a few bits and pieces (y) lol

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Won a nice set of rear carbon trims for the rear bumper on eBay and Iam also getting a carbon vent gauge for the boost gauge. Thinking of buying a wee run about for over the winter and doing few more bits to it.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Car looked really well on Tuesday night @gsmith when you passed me when I was doing a delivery to the petrol station on hill head road.that was me waving you to give it some bhp when you passed lol.Was hoping to hear how a vxr sounds but you declined the invitation

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Man I usually take the car to the speed limit there at a faster rate than normal. Il not disappoint next time. :p I thought you were being nice as in good to overtake. Lol.

Ruth

RMS Regular
@Ruth that yaris looks fantastic have seen it about a few times. Was that a look of is that my old car or was it a look of I want to buy it back? Lol. :p

LOL I thought I saw a VXR out of the corner of my eye, it's looking super!! Sort of miss the VXR but couldn't get rid of the evo :worried: Thanks, i'll pass on the compliment about the yaris to my Mum as it's her car, I just pinched it :p

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Evo or an impreza would maybe be my next move. Love the astra but always wanted 1 of the above. What is it a tsport it's really eye catching.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Yeah it's a phase 2 Balearic blue t sport. Never seen another in that colour over here, we picked it up in England for her years ago (back when I had my black t sport!) - fantastic wee car!!

I absolutely love the evo.. also considered a Subaru but knew i'd never be happy til I had an evo 9! That vxr always went really well tho :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.