Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Updates have been few and far between. And thanks to @scooby stu for putting the idea of a mk1 focus rs into my head I've started looking for the next car. I've narrowed it down to a mk1 rs focus. Hawkeye impreza Sti. Facelift st focus. Maybe a dc5. Again not sure if best to keep this find something then sell. But thoughts on the above cars would be great and if anyone has owned any of them some info would be great bar the st focus as I know them inside out. Lol.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Mk1 rs. end of discussion. Also will prob go up in money if you keep it right. The others will lose money. Dc5s and scoobs are too popular. Ye dont see mk1 rs's everyday.

Test drive an rs and you wont bother with the rest of them.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
No matter what I buy I want something with less than 35k on it and have a budget in mind theres what looks to be a good proper rs in England with 28k on it one owner but it's string money but they all seem to be in and around the 10-13 grand mark now for a low miler 1 owner full history car.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Seen that one for me though I'd be looking at one that's not been touched apart from maybe springs if I buy an rs it'll not be used every day whereas if I buy any of the others it'll be used all the time.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Seen that one for me though I'd be looking at one that's not been touched apart from maybe springs if I buy an rs it'll not be used every day whereas if I buy any of the others it'll be used all the time.
Maybe 400bhp is a bit manly for you.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
400bhp might ruin my hair. :party: Lol. Would prefer a standard car that I could maybe add touches to front splitter if it wasn't on. Carbon mirrors just simple things.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Been a while from I've added anything onto this. Still looking for a replacement but in the mean time car is due mot next month and has done a total of 1900 mile from last year going to change the oil and filter again. Lol. New pollen filter for it hasn't really done much driving past few weeks but gave it a clean jacked it up and redone all the inner arches. When I look at it sometimes I think I'd be better keeping it I've spent a fortune on it and really would be hard to find one that's as good as it.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Mk2 rs is still for me to much money. Although when the new rs comes out they'll maybe come down in price. I see the latest model st focus is getting cheaper. There's some facelift models dearer than the latest 2012 model. Lol. Don't know what to do it's been a faultless car but there's just something about an st.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Mk2 rs is still for me to much money. Although when the new rs comes out they'll maybe come down in price. I see the latest model st focus is getting cheaper. There's some facelift models dearer than the latest 2012 model. Lol. Don't know what to do it's been a faultless car but there's just something about an st.
Why do you like ST's so much? For me I would pick the VXR with a nice Remus exhaust or something similar :grinning:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I really like the vxr and yours appears to be a very very tidy example, can't be too many in that condition. I'd be worried about selling for something that doesn't quite match.

Like someone else said if it's the RS you want just keep saving you're astra shouldn't really loose money considering the small mileage it's covering.

Last edited:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
That's what Iam worried about. I've this car mechanically and bodywork perfect. It's had it's major service timing belt water pump gearbox oils etc done. Engine oil and filter is done every 6 months. And really has gave me no problems.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I would keep it as there are to many dogs about and good cars are getting few and far between. But on the other hand the RS is a fantastic car so I would wait and buy one of them.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
So the carbon mirrors arrived but were made to fit a new model astra vxr. :worried: So on there way back to be replaced with either proper carbon ones for my model or a set of gloss black of that doesn't work. Next up is the front splitter looking a bit of advice with this one. Few different options
Paint the standard one black
Fit a full carbon standard splitter still
Regier splitter
Regal splitter.
Here's the carbon one

Regier one

Regal one it's standard splitter with a lip extension at the bottom

Or do I leave it be or go gloss black or one of the above?

Boss Of Gloss

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra VXR
Lovely car OCD at its finest here lol I'd leave the splitter I think you have the car sitting perfect and should just drive it more and possibly go more powaaa

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.