Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Stage 3 buddy so full 3" exhaust turbo back , forge cooler , forge intake, forge type recir valve and stage 3 map gos great man , I talked about be coming a dealer for sm tunning maps in ni as there is a real lack for guys who can tune them rite over hear as I'm sure u know , I've full data logging software for theses if u every need it checked for knock or boost etc
Very nice mate. what figures do you think yours is have you had it on a rolling road? What sort of money were they charging for the maps?

mi16chris

RMS Regular
Drives
210hp clio 182
Very nice mate. what figures do you think yours is have you had it on a rolling road? What sort of money were they charging for the maps?
It would be me charging for the maps man but all the work bar flashing and logging would be done by them , price would be 300 man , but not much interest over hear for me to make it worth it , tbh I'm not sure on figures but it's night and day over the stock map , I would think 300 ish the map on my car is by thorny ms and it could defo be improved but it dose the job for now

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Going to be selling this folks. Have my eye on something. If anyone has any interest or knows someone who might be pm me. There's only 39k on it and it's had its major service timing belt water pump engine oil gearbox oil plugs etc.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Going to be selling this folks. Have my eye on something. If anyone has any interest or knows someone who might be pm me. There's only 39k on it and it's had its major service timing belt water pump engine oil gearbox oil plugs etc.

Just passed me at the Knockmore Road traffic lights.

Looks great. Somebody will be getting a seriously clean VXR. (y)

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
It's been good to me for the past 2 years. Just time for a change now. How you finding the s2000?

I'm enjoying it most of the time. Weather has been decent since I bought it so roof is down plenty. Some days heading to work, I'd prefer to be in something a bit comfier though. At 6'2" it's quite snug.

Sorting out a few niggles with it, still need to get the wheels refurbed and source a hardtop.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Good stuff @mcmurray looks a good find. Really must get a look at some of the local rms cars. 2 years to the day that I bought this of @Iain Traynor car is meant to be for sale but an issue has raised it's head in the sense of a common problem with these cars. (n)

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
That's what we think it is. Low whine comes in over 20 mph whine gets quicker as speed picks up. Knock it into netural noise is still there same for pressing clutch in noise doesn't change. Looks like it's going to need the bearings done @Iain Traynor

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Bummer. Unfortunately the M32 box is a ticking time bomb, it's not a matter of if but when. Hope you get it sorted.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Here's hoping few people who have heard the noise have said to just sell it but not the proper thing to do and the money it could end up costing if that's what is wrong don't know if it'll be viable to sell it. Parts alone will be close to £500. Sometimes I really hate cars. :cool::p(y)

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
It would be me charging for the maps man but all the work bar flashing and logging would be done by them , price would be 300 man , but not much interest over hear for me to make it worth it , tbh I'm not sure on figures but it's night and day over the stock map , I would think 300 ish the map on my car is by thorny ms and it could defo be improved but it dose the job for now

Has it been mapped by Thorney long? They used to have some "issues" but I'm sure they have improved after all the feedback they received.

Boss Of Gloss

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra VXR
My car is under warranty so it was free it was some older guy who does gearbox rebuilds for likes of sere etc etc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.