Audi Preciousss Updates

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
What do you think @lordchris? I was the same when I put the motorsport rims on, and I thought it made a real difference to the ride, getting rid of all that unsprung weight.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just off the phone there with a nice chap from Greenlight. Got a very good quote for the Lotus with a new engine, and the Audi. So both cars now with Greenlight.

New year off to a good start :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Poor thing has been a bit worse for wear, what with all that country sports and all. Needed a darned good wash!

P1050757.JPG

P1050760.JPG

Decided I might as well take the leap into the 21st century, and try that snow foam malarkey. So I got this fancy attachment from Davey at Procar, and then got some beauty product from @big_pete.

P1050761.JPG

They both failed to mention that one really needs to wear a wet suit when working with this stuff :p
P1050769.JPG

P1050775.JPG

P1050778.JPG

P1050767.JPG

After just the foam, nothing else.
P1050781.JPG

P1050784.JPG

P1050785.JPG

And then after a quick sponge bath to finish it off. It really was so much easier after the foamy bit. And the result speaks for itself. This is even after leaving it to air dry. But boy was it messy :grinning:
P1050792.JPG

P1050813.JPG

P1050816.JPG

P1050822.JPG

Now I just need to do the interior as well :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
First attempt, learning :grinning: I had the attachment thing at the wrong setting as well at first, so ended up with just water and no foam to begin with. Still, not a bad result :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Foam should be applied to a dry car (y) otherwise you are diluting the active agents before they begin to work. Set you mixture nozzle to max :grinning:

Will have to give that a try, I always blasted the car first to get the top layer of muck off first then foamed

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Thanks @martybelfastsri :grinning: The wheel choice turned out to be quite divisive when I got them, lol, better not start that debate again :innocent: I got them mainly for the low weight, and to accommodate the brakes. The OEM wheels (I still have them in the garage) were several kilos heavier, and you can really tell with the ride. Much better with the lighter wheels. Still 17" as well, for the same reason.

This car turns 15 years old next month. Hard to believe. And as @big_pete so tactfully put it - "Your cars get used properly" - as he handed me some industrial strength cleaning products, lol :grinning: Mind you, it is not left wanting of anything either.

Browse around on Pistonheads every now and then, but as a real life car, there really is nothing else that would beat it, at least not without going into silly money.

Was just talking to Jonny about it when it was away for servicing earlier in the week. It just goes and goes and goes, it does everything it needs to do, it is as good on a dry summer day as on the worst possible dark and mucky winter road.

Hard to beat :grinning:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
That rear looks so much nicer now that the photo on the 1st page with those dodgy rear lights and knackered number plate :p

The old girl looks well. How many miles has it now?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, like looking at old pictures of yourself from decades back :p The rear wiper made a big difference too :innocent: And getting the Xenon lights back on was a god-send!

Well over 20k miles on it. Barely run in by German standards :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ran out of milk again... So headed for Donegal, as one does :grinning:

B-road blast across the Sperrins, to Strabane and Letterkenny. Up around Atlantic Drive, and Fanad (sadly Knockalla was closed because of some stupid rally :p ).

Stayed the night in Ramelton, then out to Glenveigh for the day, one of the prettiest spots in Ireland. Via the R255/R251, possibly the best road on the entire island. Twice :laughing:

Stores closed by the time we got back, so will have to head out again for that milk :innocent:

Atlantic Drive:
P1050914.JPG

P1050927.JPG

P1050935.JPG

P1050952.JPG

P1050953.JPG

P1050955.JPG

Fanad Head:
P1050978.JPG

Glenveigh:
P1050992.JPG

P1050998.JPG

P1060020.JPG

P1060022.JPG

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Class. Love Glenveigh and the drive from Falcaragh across the Muckish gap.(y)
LOL at the tyre marks in the Atlantic drive layby. Was up there earlier in the year long before the rally and it was coated black then too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That is cow poo.... Lots and lots and lots of cow poo..... +o(

P1060122.JPG

P1060128.JPG

Foam, power wash, and a bucket later. Have to say I really like that foamy stuff :grinning: Could still do with a good polish and wax, something for another day.
P1060133.JPG

P1060137.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Car has been away to @big_pete for a bit of a wash :grinning: I believe the exact brief was "clean off the cow poo, clear out the duck feathers, and put on something that will last".

And it came back like this - with that fancy new treatment, and even the engine bay cleaned out! Completely ruined, lol, will never be able to use the car again for fear of getting a speck of dirt on it :innocent:

Some difference compared to the pictures above, got to love people who take pride in their work (y)

DSC_9216.JPG

DSC_9222.JPG

DSC_9225.JPG

DSC_9229.JPG

DSC_9235.JPG

DSC_9236.JPG

DSC_9244.JPG

DSC_9250.JPG

DSC_9254.JPG

DSC_9257.JPG

DSC_9265.JPG

DSC_9267.JPG