Audi Preciousss Updates

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Been enjoying the country sports a lot lately - like @Graham, who needs a stupid jeep :innocent:
P1030979.JPG

Really needed a good clean though, and the new driveway cover came in really handy. Makes no difference what weather is outside, nice and cosy in here :grinning: Should have built it years ago!
P1030984.JPG

P1030988.JPG

MattW86

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3
Sven,

Did you go for the B6 or B8 dampers? Have been looking at the similar combo for my own S3. If you don't mind me asking, how much the dampers sting you?

Matt

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sven,

Did you go for the B6 or B8 dampers? Have been looking at the similar combo for my own S3. If you don't mind me asking, how much the dampers sting you?

Matt

This is the B12 prosport kit. Will replace the B16 pss9 currently on the car.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Wasting your breath G, I've tried before!

Such a great car Sven.

How does the handling differ with the new suspension?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Avus wheels will still not clear the brakes :grinning: Have got used to these wheels, and really like the nice ride from them (low weight ;) ). Almost decided to get them repainted in a darker colour though, maybe gunmetal or similar. The silver is seriously bright... Especially when clean.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Poor little Preciousss is getting a long overdue refresh to the running gear. Getting too old for the track spec suspension and bushes, so softening her up a bit for my geriatric bum. Also sorting out the steering rack (must be made of platinum plated solid gold from the price of it...), which has been creaking and groaning recently and has started leaking oil now as well. And finally getting the finger out and putting the compulsory spacers on - wanted to do that for a long time, just not got around to it.

This nice little pile of bits is going on the week after next - anyone with sensitive ears, stay away from Carrick that week, @AIRFORCE1 will not be a happy bunny fighting with this lot :p

The aforementioned B12 ProSport kit, to replace the B16 PSS9 on the car. The PSS9 have been absolutely fantastic, but my bum is getting old and needs something more sensible :grinning:
P1040002.JPG

Retrofitting cruise control. Will need to find someone who can enable it once the bits are on though.
P1040017.JPG

P1040024.JPG

The new steering arm. Looks innocuous enough, but there must be a lot of gold in there... And diamonds...
DSC_7489.JPG

The compulsory spacers, extra light weight obviously :grinning: Only took many, many, many years - better late than never!
DSC_7496.JPG

And, finally, nice new softer PowerFlex Purple bushes to replace the rock hard PowerFlex Black on the car at the moment. Did I mention my bum is getting old? :innocent:
DSC_7541.JPG

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@svensktoppen can i ask who built your carport? and what sort of cost it was. I would love a garage onto the side of our house but it would be way too expensive. If i could get a carport like yours with a roller door it would be secure enough and ideal for cleaning the car etc....Nice to see an 8L about too, not many around!(y)

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Have you this all in yet? :p

I'm not sure how I haven't had any notifications pop up on this thread for a while. What was up with the steering arm?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The steering arm was just knackered after 118k miles. Started creaking a couple of months ago, and then it began leaking oil on the driver's side :worried: We also found one of the little roller bearings at the top mount on the driver's side had split in four :eek:

Yep, all is in. Gave it a hundred miles or so to settle and bed in, and then got the camber and toe set properly. I really like it so far, feels slightly softer sprung than the B16 PSS9 kit, rides bumps and speed humps and things better. The dampers are as controlled as the B16 on road settings. The B16 would still be the better kit for track, or for German roads, but for our roads here and real-world driving this B12 kit is bang on.

The slightly softer bushes help too, a bit quieter on motorways, etc.

I really am getting old, lol :p

The rear ride height is bang on for me. Was expecting a bit more at the front, but we are only talking 5-10mm, so nothing to write home about really.

Still playing around with the spacers. Started off with 10mm front, but that was too much, so removed them again. Have 5mm as well, will try those, I think they will be just about right.

At the rear I started with 15mm, but that looked like far too much, so dropped to 10mm. But now the camber has been set properly, it looks like the 15mm might have been right to start with, lol.

Not had time to get any proper pictures yet, and the poor thing is covered in mud and muck and feathers again. Maybe sometime in January :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh, and the B16 PSS9 kit will be for sale at a reasonable price, once I get it cleaned up :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It was also suggested that I kindly refrain from replacing bushes in the future, apparently they were a tad bothersome, lol. Though not in those words. In fact, not phrased like that at all :innocent:

The cruise kit has yet to go on, not had time to sort that out yet. Also got it into my head to retrofit an automatic rear view mirror. Will talk to Steven at Performance 360 about that, but it will probably be January before I get around to it...

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Car lookin well nick!

I'm currently in process of replacing the 18" rstt (rs4) rims with 18" oz ultra leggeras. I have to admit the car looks better with the rs4 rims on it, but the weight saving of the oz is making me do it.

1 rs4 alloy with kumho tyre = 23.7kg
1 oz ultraleggera with Avon tyre = 19kg ( including 15mil spacer)

So over 4.5kg per rim, have only got the front 2 wheels changed as waitin on another 2 spacers but feels sharper already.