Audi Preciousss Updates

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I need another tour of ireland as well - Sven is our leader, sven is our leader na na na na hey!

Sven, sort it out, we shall follow!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
hey-you-can-do-it.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I dont suppose you have a map of the exact route? Where did you stay?

This time:
- Sat: M1/A4 to Eniskillen; on to Florence Court off the A4 just after Enniskillen (signs everywhere), good spot for lunch and a nice dander in the park; Marble Arch caves are just next door as well; then A4 to Manor Hamilton; R280/287/290 to Collooney south of Sligo, on the N4; N4/N17/N5 to Westport (direct route); R335 to Louisburgh; B&B there. ~5 hours driving time.
- Sun: Croagh Patrick via west ridge. (Turn off the main road at the first lane right as you enter Lecanvey from Louisburgh, follow the lane under some telegraph poles, then another lane left up towards a little hamlet on the hillside. Park as you cross under the telegraph line again, at a right hand turn, then just follow the ridge up from there).
- Mon: R335 up Doolough Pass (this is a great road down to Leenaun!); Mweelrea (either park at the north end of Doolough, follow "the ramp" up, and back down the same way; or in my case park at the south end of Doolough, hack up the side to gain the ridge, and then follow the ridge round, down via "the ramp" and then hike back along the road to the car); continue R335 to Leenaun; then follow N59 to Clifden (another stonking road, busy with tourists in the day but fine in the evening/morning); B&B Clifden
- Tue: N59 past Kylemore; R344 round the twelve pins; N59 to Maam Cross; R336 past Maum; take a right signposted "Finney", a small lane up over Maumtrasna, and down along Lough Mask; N84 to Castlebar; then reverse Sat route

R335, R344, and R336: all some of the most scenic driver's roads anywhere!

Loads of possible variations:
- N59 north from Westport to Bangor; R313 past Belmullet and out on the peninsula; R314 past the sea cliffs at Minnaun (spectacular!); from there either cross country back towards Westport, or on towards Sligo
- From Clifden; R341,R342,R340,R336 around the south Connemara coast; continue R336 past Maum and on to Leenaun; N59 back to Clifden
Etc.

Also plenty of variations getting there/back again. For example, via Donegal. And Clare is just "one stop" down.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'll get onto Google Maps for that later! We've done Enniskillen to death, so if we skip it that might be a good way to reduce the total mileage down a bit.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Finally got around to giving the poor thing a proper clean: Schampo, clay, schampoo, lunch, polish, wax, trim gel (using a brush on the grill - once you have started there is no turning back!), tyre dressing. Came up nicely if I may say so myself :grinning:

P1020892.JPG

P1020893.JPG

P1020899.JPG

lighter7

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E36/Disco3
Ah right cool, do they pass MOT? Might have to give them a shout when my plates are changed over to the 911.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Totally legal, as long as they have the correct fonts etc. Have had these for years now.

lighter7

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E36/Disco3
My plates are LUI 5*** but I want it like LUI5 *** do you think they would be against that? Had them on the ST and it was fine but then again never MOT'ed it with them on.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
There are whole threads on all that in the legal section lighter7. Rules are pretty simple though - you are not allowed to re-arrange the letters and numbers, so what you suggest would not be legal. Sorry.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Preciousss pressed into OAP taxi service last weekend, but still a few good drives thrown in :grinning:

Also went through MoT yesterday, no issues at all, clean as a whistle. Took forever though... After 40 minutes in the line, I went up and asked what was going on. Turned out nobody was working lane 3... :mad: Then made it as far as the ramp, before the guy just walked away and disappeared for 10 minutes, lol. Over an hour before I finally made it out of there... Good thing I had already finished work...

Anyway, a few pictures from last weekend.

Top of Cairncastle hillclimb:
DSC5496.JPG

Glenarm Castle:
DSC_5508.JPG

DSC_5518.JPG

DSC_5523.JPG

The Argory:
DSC_5539.JPG

DSC_5554.JPG

Mournes:
DSC_5559.JPG

DSC_5563.JPG

Annesley Gardens, Castlewellan
DSC_5568.JPG

DSC_5571.JPG

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Sven i swear you either drive to another country or photoshop this ****. Where did that scenery come from lol? Looks beautiful and going by google its close by too :confounded: I need out more :worried:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Did you make it to the upper dam at the Silent Valley?

No, just to the first one above the visitor centre, and then back through the woods on the other side. Out with the old folks, otherwise I would have been up on the ridges :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Poor thing has been pressed into service in the countryside the last couple of weeks, and with the atrocious conditions she got a bit, well, filthy :-#

Gave her a first spring clean today, and in true RMS fashion here is the complete brand placement post: B&Q cheapest powerwasher; Sainsbury's Basics washing-up liquid foam; another power wash; Halfords schampoo; hose down and wipe off; Autoglym trim gel and Maguire's tyre gel. Better not post that in the detailing forum :p

Could do with a good polish and wax too, and the windows really need a proper clean, but that will be for another day.

P1030338.JPG

P1030339.JPG

P1030347.JPG

P1030349.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, I can be pretty anal about keeping things shiny, but too old to be bothered about sheep skin mitts and super-expensive shampoo and all that malarkey. Still quite pleased how well the pre-winter wax has held up though, considering (y)

Oh, and the entire right hand side was covered in bovine manure from a trip up towards Dungannon yesterday - a slightly fragrant waft coming from the garage in the morning :innocent: