Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
I was considering going on the Friday night to leave the car in and set up cause I also have a spot inside to promote Banbridge motor show. Might still do that but then have to get someone to run me home and bring me back early on the sat/sun!

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Got another email today asking to enter... If still outside then No...anyone know whats actually IN the halls??

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Yeah from what I can tell it's still outside but it says there's provisions if it looks like bad weather, so obv they have another hall on hold or something..

I think I'm gonna run the car up Friday to save all the hassle.

Wish it was inside though..

Sonny

RMS Photographer
There's a Noble M600 inside.

GUESTS
U105 Roadshow on Saturday 26th July with Caroline Stewart
Lembit Opik with Motorcycle Action Group on Saturday 26th July
Maria Costello MBE - Author of "Queen of Bikers" and a motorcycle racer - Sunday 27th July
NI Rallying - TBC
NI Road Racing - TBC

DEMONSTRATIONS
- How to fit a carseat correctly by Mothercare, learn about legislation and regulations, see how to fit and keep your child safe
- Crash Re enactment from Ambulance, Fire & Police Service for Northern Ireland - outdoors at allocated time on Saturday & Sunday
- Car care and how to best look after your car - I think this is Pete??
- Maintain your motor the basis for ladies from Foxy Ladies Drivers Club & Bailies Auto Refinishers
- Changing a tyre
More being confirmed and details coming soon

ASK THE EXPERTS
- Tyre Safety
- driving safety
- car care
- restoration and maintence

BIG BOYS TOYS
Tyre Challenge - how quickly can you change a tyre
Simulators - road racing, reactions and more
Game consoles - race each other on bikes, cars and f1 - who will win? are you faster than your friend? let the games begin.
Remote control cars and helicopters
Test your reflexes - hand eye co ordination

KIDZONE
Bouncy Castles located outdoors on the grassed area a selection from Simply Bounce for child and adults,
Facepainting and glitter tattoos (FREE for kids)
Kids karting from age 4 - 11yrs from Cheryls funky Faces (FREE for kids)
Road Safety talks

SHOW YOUR MOTOR
Vintage, classic, modified, kit cars, bikes, trucks, tractors, buses, planes and even a helicoptor all local and on display at the show for you to browse, admire and even ask questions about the history or work that has gone into the motor.
Range includes a 1923 motorbike one of only 8 surviving in the world, an Austin Healy to beautifully designed big truck fleight.

ENTERTAINMENT
Titan Robot
Motorbike stunt show
Drifting
Mini Moto
Quad trials
Live music provided by GN Entertainment and look out for special guests Batman (the Dark Knight) and Spiderman

Can't wait.................................(n)

Sonny

RMS Photographer
I imagine the cars will be similar to Ultimate Car Show and Dubshed/Castlewellan

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Think I'm going to have to pull out, I'll need the car Sunday evening and I think I'll run into bother if I have to leave early. Plus not keen on leaving it overnight Saturday...

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Is there dealers at this like the old car shows which used to be at kings hall? Aswell as club stands etc and modified stuff?

Will be calling down in Saturday.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Tempted to take the wee man on Sunday but it sounds awful from the description above, not like the Motor Show of old. Are there going to be dealer displays as Mark asked?

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
Speaking of the Motor Show of old, does anyone know when they ceased?

I used to go to them in the 80's and saw some great cars but the last I remember must've been around 1990 with the Honda NSX, Renault GTA LeMans and fwd Lotus Elan Turbo.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
There were indeed great times. As said before however the birth of the internet and developments in media combined with the tiny population here put a stop to those. Don't even have they in England anymore

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.