Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Parking is £4, so I'm on the main road just out of the double yellows. I'll go in since I'm here

matt1207

RMS Regular
Drives
mk7.5 R
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376426.551201.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376442.831744.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376456.199585.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376467.117208.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376476.184521.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376484.986565.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376493.436041.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376503.403470.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406376515.838456.jpg

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Shame its raining for the cars outside, just been reading some feedback on Facebook page

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Honestly it was never going to be any different. I remember hoovering that blue carpet after a show years ago!! Kings Hall needs a wrecking ball swung through it.
There's a handful of people who could pull off a decent 'motor show' in this tiny country and they are not at the Kings Hall today.
Just my humble opinion of course.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Honestly it was never going to be any different. I remember hoovering that blue carpet after a show years ago!! King Hall needs a wrecking ball swung through it.
There's a handful of people who could pull off a decent 'motor show' in this tiny country and they are not at the Kings Hall today.
And a midget sized hand at that lol

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
On their FB page, which no one is editing btw there are several posts encouraging people to come and most of the replies are people trying to sell tickets they no longer want !!!
Oh dear...

matt1207

RMS Regular
Drives
mk7.5 R
Honestly it was never going to be any different. I remember hoovering that blue carpet after a show years ago!! Kings Hall needs a wrecking ball swung through it.

the RMS massive could put a better show on by tomorrow

seanmooney

RMS Regular
What's stopping them... Get the yokes down the road..

Even a half washed reeked 306 would sit in the corner no bother lol

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
It's needs a fresher venue agreed the Kings Hall needs flattened and something built to replace.

Then any NI car show needs the people on the likes of here to help talk to the organisers to get us more involved and make it better if there is a next time. I for one would be happy to walk round Boucher and try get all the dealers to sign up and try put on display stands. Also Need to link in and feed from other events such as cruise for cancer and get the word out, also specific owner clubs and stands for them as an example.

It was never going to be anything epic but it can be made better if the right people can help drive it forward.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Good to ask @big_pete a few questions on car care and get some 50cal products. Really wasn't anything on show that interesting that I haven't seen before, and you couldn't go near the nobles. I suppose it's ok for those who otherwise wouldn't attend the regular shows, but needed way more cars. I was asked to enter my mx5, it's got accident damage and is a state at the minute lol.

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
You can get a hell of a lot of cars inside the Kings Hall. So if it's not packed out with cars is it packed out with radiator salesmen and eyebrow threaders? Pages back we were told that the organisers were on here and may contribute to the thread but I haven't seen any input. Also the debate as to whether this is a 'Motor Show' or a 'Car Show'. From the photographs above it looks like a car show and possibly a bit sparse on exhibits.

We were encouraged not to be negative but this sounded like it would be a fiasco. I see that as a problem in itself. Belfast is very small for a capital city and doesn't have the population to support tons of events like this. If people get scammed by a so-called 'Motor Show' (the first in decades lets not forget!) which is nothing of the sort it is just another thing that does nothing for our reputation here.

Re: Kings Hall - I see nothing wrong with an old building as a venue. You see them used the world over. The Kings Hall cut it as the location of the indoor Ulster Motor Show and could again. However, a handful of modified cars and classics sitting on gravel outside should not ever have been marketed as "The Belfast Motor Show" and it's telling that the target audience apparently was not people who use car forums/fora.

I wonder if Noble had anything to do with the cars present? If so, it's a 'motor show' because :innocent: manufacturers are involved (okay, ONE); if not, well...

Last edited:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Well said @Überdub :grinning:

I think too much focus has been put on individual cars being entered, I wouldn't have had that at all. To me this should have had all the big dealerships in attendance. They should have had trade stands, with some customer cars on them and they should have had stands for the better known, more established car clubs.

The underlying problem though are the people who organised it. From the outset you could tell they weren't 'car' people at all. That's what put me off and I dare say that's what put a lot of the regular show goers off.

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
Yesterday someone miles away from Belfast asked on Facebook, "hi does any one does merc have a stand at show"

Belfast Motor Show replied, "not this yr sorry"

I see that as highly dishonest. It gives the impression that there might be a Mercedes stand next time, or that maybe other marque stands are present when there is only one (Noble). There won't be a next time because people sound pretty annoyed by having their time and money wasted.

It would be reasonable for "Belfast Motor Show" to explain that the display cars are privately owned vehicles and that it is not actually a manufacturers' show. People will end up driving from the other end of the country expecting stands with brand new cars for sale they can place orders on i.e. an actual MOTOR SHOW.

corsacj

RMS Regular
saw that myself Uberdub and it really does give the impression its a show with manufacturers attending. The whole thing has been very misleading but like many others I didnt have much confidence in this from the start.

To me its advertising/PR staff who think car enthusiasts/the general populus are gullible and easy to take cash from. I think they thought they were in for an easy earning.

Heck I wish I was in the position to turn down advice from genuine enthusiasts with interest and knowledge in the sector I was trying to put on a show in....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.