Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Anyone else see the hype of this Noble? Maybe just me but I cant personally and they seem to be focusing so much attention on it to pull tje crowds in.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Loved the orange one but it was a bit dark for the blue one indoors and its cordoned off.

Saying all that my son loved the bouncy castle and big slide :grinning:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Anyone else see the hype of this Noble? Maybe just me but I cant personally and they seem to be focusing so much attention on it to pull tje crowds in.

Its simply because they could not get anything else.

The Noble is a wonderful car and its truly a fantastic company headed up by staff who have a real interest in automotive engineering. Of course it won't float everyones boat but hey,that is the whole point really.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Loved the orange one but it was a bit dark for the blue one indoors and its cordoned off.

Saying all that my son loved the bouncy castle and big slide :grinning:

Lighting would not have helped the blue one Pabs, the paint is applied very thinly on that car and you can actually see the carbon weave under 'real' lighting. Its very nice.

Ant

RMS Regular
I was heading to footy training at the dub around lunch when I heard this was on, came off the motorway @balmoral thinking "**** sake traffic inbound" , Thank you belfast motor show for being awful and me cruising up to training no hassle :grinning:

had a look on their facebook page, it's basically a stream of messages like this one
Travelled an hour and a half on my only day of work this week to the motor show and what a complete let down it was. No cars, no bikes no nothing just bouncy castles and food stalls. Would have been better sitting in the car park looking round us than walking through that nonsense! Biggest waste of money and of a day!! ‪#‎REFUND

sounds like it was pretty shambolic

Darren91

RMS Regular
Sounds like it'll be a waste of time and diesel coming from Ballymoney to go to this!

Ant

RMS Regular
tbh their facebook page appears to be more entertaining than the show itself, angry people demanding refunds :laughing:

Storm

Banned
So pretty much as we all predicted... It wasn't a motor show, but a car show... And not a very good one by all accounts.

Such a shame the organisers couldn't have been a bit more honest and transparent about the whole thing instead of just trying to make a quick buck trading off the good name of the Ulster motor show.

It's most likely killed off any possibility of the real motor show ever making a proper comeback as it's had its name and reputation sullied by this bunch of money grubbing half wits.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Tried to be positive about it but failing to embrace the local motoring enthusiast clubs was a mistake. Could have been great. Shame.

Any more pics?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
So pretty much as we all predicted... It wasn't a motor show, but a car show... And not a very good one by all accounts.

Such a shame the organisers couldn't have been a bit more honest and transparent about the whole thing instead of just trying to make a quick buck trading off the good name of the Ulster motor show.

It's most likely killed off any possibility of the real motor show ever making a proper comeback as it's had its name and reputation sullied by this bunch of money grubbing half wits.

My real concern also but think it will be ok actually.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Show everyone knew was going to be **** turned out ****, shock horror.

They could've made something big if they got major dealerships involved, will be hard to recover the bad rep if they do it again next year I'd imagine.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Now i understand why they gave away so many tickets!

They gave 200 to one car club, that should give you an idea of how bad things were..

Will add my thoughts in a bit, but will leave you with this in the meantime. These were collected in the area between my car and the white Impreza next to me. The entire gravel area was as bad. The same gravel area all show entries were directed to drive across and park on.

IMG_20140726_122950.jpg

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Tried to be positive about it but failing to embrace the local motoring enthusiast clubs was a mistake. Could have been great. Shame.

Any more pics?

anything decent to take pictures of lol?

Their FB page makes for interesting reading alright

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
According to posts on their FB page they are giving out refunds to some. Sounds like a total Clusterfu@k :oops:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.