Nah **** that an E36 Saloon M3 tops them every time

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
OP
Turbokid89
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
So where do I begin 😔

So back when the last update was (27/11/17) I was going through a bit off a bad time as my mum was in hospital from September off that year unexpectedly and car slowed in progress and was only doing bits and pieces when I could but my mum then passed away on the 14/12/17 and I did not go near the garage for about 6 months maybe longer as I was in a very bad way and few times I have even thought about selling it or breaking it as I could not be bothered with it at all and had not even been going to shows or car meets

But thanks to a few good friends one off which started getting me out to a few shows again @Gemma and driving her E36 M3 got me thinking about getting it sorted so thought stuff it I'll enter it for dub shed 2019 to give me a date to work towards

First up was to get the rest off the rear end built but sorry no pics off it

Got the car out and turned round to start on front
20180107_152148.jpg

Got front suspension and subframe out for new stuff and engine going in also before engine was refitted my mate come and done the bearings and I fitted new clutch at same time to save it pulled apart again
20180715_102351.jpg

20181024_153322.jpg

Brother come and helped me fit the engine again
20180715_200040.jpg

And before I even had it wired up I had to get panels on front to try and make it look like a car again lol
20180819_131632.jpg

Thanks to Michael I got the wheels refurbished and he done a brilliant job
20181101_152626.jpg

Also bought new H&R springs but need more shocks as sold the yellow ones I had 😞
20181027_111537.jpg

So cheap as coilovers from eBay had it rolling again
IMG_20190302_143715.jpg

All this was done in the space off 4 or 5 months but I did not make it to dubshed 2019 well not in this but did drive a yellow e92 M3 there 😂

But was a really nice feeling sitting back in the driver's seat with the dails back in front as it had been 4 and half years from I had set in it
20181226_125447.jpg

Garage was closed again as bought mx5 and was doing my bike test etc but I did have it running too I forgot to say

Roll on to February 2020 car just needs few silly things doing to it but big thing is brakes needing bleed and clutch so friend come on Sunday past to help but I've a leak at the T peace next to fuel take but am taking it to his at the weekend on a trailer to get it sorted so it will be on the road fingers crossed within the next 2 months but here's how it correctly looks
IMG_20200301_130502.jpg

IMG_20200301_130556.jpg

Am completely over the moon on how it looks and what I've done with no elec in my garage and just my hand tools

Cheers for looking jay

michelinman

RMS Regular
Drives
e46
Sorry to hear about your mum. It’s nice to hear that you were supported by your friends.

Good work on the m3 and getting it on track. Looks really nice, I love e36 m3s! It’s surprisingly effective to have good motivation and lack of tools never gets in its way!

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
That looks fantastic and kudos for creating that in your garage conditions!

The older I've got - the more I prefer a e36 M3 saloon over the coupe

Sorry to hear about your mum

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Mate I didn’t even know gs even when I was at yours :pensive: glad to see it back out, il have to get mine over to yours for some saloon fwend pics:p

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Great to see progress on this Jason! I'm sure rolling it out of the garage was a great feeling :grinning:

neil#66

RMS Regular
Sorry to hear about your mum 😔

it’s great to see your friends stuck by you and kept you on the straight and narrow 😁

Also good to see this project getting near a finish 👌 be nice to see it on the road

Gemma

RMS Regular
Can't wait to have a drive in this ❤️ gis the keys when your sorted lol 😍
You've done amazing work on this car Jason 🤗
Pure credit it to you x

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Sorry to hear about your mum.

Great progress on this, I’m sure you’re glad you didn’t break it when you see it each time now.

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
OP
Turbokid89
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
Looks great, I love that you’ve kept the amber lenses.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. :worried:

Amber lense all the way in my opinion lol

That looks fantastic and kudos for creating that in your garage conditions!

The older I've got - the more I prefer a e36 M3 saloon over the coupe

Sorry to hear about your mum

I've always wanted a saloon over the coupe as there is less made and where only made for the British touring car championship

Mate I didn’t even know gs even when I was at yours :pensive: glad to see it back out, il have to get mine over to yours for some saloon fwend pics:p

Yeah sounds like a plan

Great to see progress on this Jason! I'm sure rolling it out of the garage was a great feeling :grinning:

Yeah was a good feeling when the sun hit it

Sorry to hear about your mum 😔

it’s great to see your friends stuck by you and kept you on the straight and narrow 😁

Also good to see this project getting near a finish 👌 be nice to see it on the road

If it was not for a my friends or my dog I would not be here I owe them alot

Can't wait to have a drive in this ❤ gis the keys when your sorted lol 😍
You've done amazing work on this car Jason 🤗
Pure credit it to you x

Hell no I've seen your drivings 😂

Sorry to hear about your mum.

Great progress on this, I’m sure you’re glad you didn’t break it when you see it each time now.

Yeah am happy I did not go down that route now

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
OP
Turbokid89
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
So just a we update from the last time got the car trailer from my mate and got the car loaded on Friday 14/3/20 with help off my brother and was a long night as was scared incase something would happen to it as it's always been garage from I bought it

IMG_20200313_195654.jpg

Arrived at my mates on the Saturday morning and before got the car unload had to help with wiring his shed

IMG_20200314_112725.jpg

IMG_20200314_165120.jpg

Following Saturday 21/3/20 went back down to get a proper good look to find why my brakes where leaking and turned out I had not properly done one off the T bits beside the tank so sorted it and fitted the back box And got help bleeding brakes and clutch and after 4.5 years the car is finally moving under its own power and braking 😎😎 so over the moon

Do have a video but can't upload it but can be seen on my Instagram: m3_saloon

More to come soon I hope

Cheers jay