BTCC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

timor

RMS Regular
Nick Foster has announced his retirement today which means there's still a third WSR car after they've named their new driver tomorrow.....

timor

RMS Regular
80a794e29015ec239c514ad66caad46f1.jpg
Don't forget Colin tested Team Hards' Passat at the end of 2013 so there's a possible option.....

timor

RMS Regular
Priaulx-5-600x400.jpeg
Good to see Priaulx back tho ' i wonder if he'll struggle like the BTCC past masters last season?Having said that his sound knowledge of BMWs' should be a bonus,still hoping Turks gets something sorted....

Shaun

RMS Regular
Good to see Priaulx back. Some many good drivers on the grid! Just wonder where Colin is gonna put up now...:confounded:

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Great to see Priaulx back... and in a car that I reckon he'll be very competitive in!! Really wanting to see both Turkington and Plato in good teams next year though. I think the championship would be much poorer without them!

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Spoiler alert !
Watch out for the new awesome looking
Panzer and Sherman at the BTCC media
day , thanks to a loophole in the regs the
RAR Audi A4,s will be looking a tad different
this year . . # bringiton

mants

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320ci M Spor
Thats crazy, thought there would of been news by now.

Maybe they will be teaming up and entering a new car??

timor

RMS Regular
Plato has tweeted "an amazing team of talented people has been assembled" in reply to questions but nothing else......still nothing from Turks tho'.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Plato has his own team, he just moves them around between different cars :grinning: No shortage of money for him.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
BTCC secures TV contract in North America

The British Touring Car Championship organisers have secured a multi-year contract with CBS Sports Network for broadcast of the championship in the US and Canada.

“This is the biggest coverage the BTCC has ever had in the important and vast North American market, and we are delighted to announce this long-term broadcast arrangement with Torque.TV that includes the coverage on CBS Sports Network,” said Alan Gow, BTCC Series Director.

A one-hour highlights programme will be shown on Wednesdays, ten days after each race weekend, in CBS Sports as part of its ’Torque.TV’ block.

The highlights will also be shown in the Video On Demand platform www.torque.tv for 90 days after each event.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Rob Austin has confirmed his team but isn't telling us yet. few rumours of 3 drivers..... Turks?

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Offa the owners club .

Hi Everyone. Lots of things are stirring now as the season is getting closer and wanted to bring you up to date.

Driver Line Up Confirmed!!
Now I am sure you want to know the driver line up for 2015, well I can confirm that it is confirmed! Sorry to tease you (you know I love to) but you will have to wait for the official announcement to know the identity of the drivers!!

Media Day
There definitely will be an Owners Club meeting at the Donington Park Media day, we will get back to you with final details closer to the event. For those that don't know Media Day is on 24th March and entry is free to the public after 12.00pm.

Roof Pictures
We will let you know when we are ready to start collating them, if you haven’t signed up to be on the roof of both cars yet it isn’t too late, head on over to http://rob-austin-racing.myshopify.com/

Other Stuff
As you may have heard Sherman and Panzer will look very different in 2015, and I am not just talking about the colour scheme (although that will look very different too)! Massive work has been going on over the winter at Team HQ and soon we'll be able to see the fruits of all the hard work that the squad have done.

They are going to look, to quote Rob, "wicked"!

As already confirmed we will be holding an Owners Club meeting on the Saturday evening at all rounds this year. They have always been a great success and we have some “surprise” visitors planned but we are also open to ideas, any thoughts on things we could add to the format are welcome.

In the meantime a big thank you to you the fans and our sponsors for their on-going support, we are looking forward to this year with even more anticipation than ever. We are convinced that we have made big steps over the winter and are better prepared and more motivated than ever. Most of all I want to thank the team back at the workshop for their fantastic effort over the winter in performing a total transformation of the cars.

Richard

P.S. Sunglasses arriving soon!

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
ecoboost3-630x354.jpg

Motorbase completes first test with new Ford engine

Motorbase Performance has completed a first test with the new Ford EcoBoost engine ahead of the 2015 British Touring Car Championship season.

The new engine is based on the standard Ford 2-litre EcoBoost unit that has been developed to NGTC specifications with the Kent team’s long-term engine partners Mountune, replacing the previous Duratec based engine.

The team tested at Brands Hatch last week with an unnamed driver behind the wheel of the NGTC specification Ford Focus ST.

The only confirmed driver so far for the team is Alex Martin, who will drive one of its three cars under the Dextra Racing banner.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
BTCC is really going places, quite literally! This, and the US TV deal, great news (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.