BTCC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Motorbase's new BTCC Ford Focus hits the track
1392894829.jpg

British Touring Car squad Motorbase's new Ford Focus has hit the track for the first time at Brands Hatch.

The revised NGTC machine features a tweaked front end and new side skirts.

The upgrades are part of a push as Motorbase attempts improve on a win-less 2013 and go for the title with new signing Fabrizio Giovanardi.

Before the run, team boss David Bartrum said: "We've got to bounce back from last year and prove our point.

"We've been able to make some aero changes and looked at every aspect of the car in order to improve it."

Motorbase has yet to confirm its other two drivers for 2014, though AUTOSPORT understands one of the strong possibilities has not previously raced in the BTCC.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Ciceley Racing reveals BTCC Mercedes A-class

1393358585.jpg

British Touring Car squad Ciceley Racing has revealed the Mercedes A-class it will run in the championship this season.

Ciceley ran Adam Morgan to seventh in the 2013 standings, using a Toyota Avensis, but announced in September it would be switching to a new Mercedes for 2014.

The team has also attracted backing from WIX Filters, which supported Rob Austin Racing's Audi last year, and unveiled the car tonight.

Thanks to the NGTC regulations, many of the parts from the Avensis have been utilised in the Mercedes, but a number of others have had to be made or modified.

Morgan hopes to start testing the car next week, ahead of the BTCC launch event at Donington Park on March 18.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .

HUNTER ABBOTT JOINS ROB AUSTIN RACING FOR 2014 BTCC SEASON
  • Front-running team for rapid Berkshire racer's debut assault on nation's biggest motor sport prize
Hunter Abbott will race the Rob Austin Racing team’s second Audi A4 in the 2014 Dunlop British Touring Car Championship.

Abbott, from Maidenhead, will enter his first season in the UK’s premier motor racing championship as team-mate to proven race-winner Rob Austin (Evesham).

Major sponsorship for the 33-year-old will come from award-winning alcohol breathalyser manufacturer AlcoSense.

The first of ten race events that make up the 2014 BTCC calendar takes place at the iconic Brands Hatch circuit in Kent on Sunday 30 March. Prior to that is next week’s (Tues 18 March) high-profile BTCC Media Day season launch at the Donington Park circuit in Leicestershire.

Notably each of those ten events will receive close to seven hours of live television coverage in the UK on the ITV4 channel. Over 20 million viewers watched the ITV network’s increased coverage of the BTCC in 2013 while trackside audiences grew for the tenth consecutive year to an average of 37,000 people per event.

Meanwhile Abbott is a highly accomplished racer with numerous podium results in British and international GT competition. He also has extensive knowledge of the circuits on the BTCC calendar having been a front-runner in the supporting Ginetta GT Supercup category in 2012. Click here for a full racing CV.

He has already had his first taste of the turbocharged, 300bhp, 2-litre Audi A4 that he will race for Rob Austin Racing in 2014 with a test session at the Rockingham circuit in Northamptonshire last Thursday (6 March).

Hunter Abbott:
“Watching the BTCC in the Nineties is what made me want to race in the first place. Racing in the BTCC is the realisation of part of a childhood dream and finally I’ve got an opportunity to do it – and with a team that’s clearly on the up. The deal has come together quite late but I got my first run in the Audi (Thursday Rockingham) and I’m pleased with how it went. Rob and I shared a car in 2008 in British GT and we like the same things. The power delivery in a turbo car took some getting used to but I immediately felt at home in the Audi.”

Team Principal Rob Austin:
“I’m very excited about having Hunter in the team – particularly having seen how quickly he got into the groove at Rockingham in less than ideal track conditions. He's driven for me in the past and always been very rapid. All the team are immediately very impressed with his approach and we’re looking forward to the season together.”

Rob Austin Racing will officially unveil its 2014 line-up – drivers, new race liveries plus more exciting and significant announcements – at the BTCC’s high-profile Media Day next Tuesday (18 March) at the Donington Park circuit in Leicestershire.

2014 BTCC race dates (all Sundays): 30 March Brands Hatch Kent; 20 April Donington Park Leics-Derbys border; 4 May Thruxton Hants; 8 June Oulton Park Cheshire; 29 June Croft Circuit North Yorks; 3 August Snetterton Norfolk; 24 August Knockhill Fife; 7 September Rockingham Northants; 28 September Silverstone Northants; 12 October Brands Hatch GP Kent.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Cant wait for this year's btcc. I've never whatched a whole season just bits and pices for the racing. But I'll be watching it all looks to be good.

timor

RMS Regular
Team ebay showed off their new livery today,just a few subtle differences but it still looks good.For this season Colin will have the green sunstrip for id purposes.
DSC_0120.jpeg
DSC_0108.jpeg
IMG_16898951411044.jpeg

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
ct22-600x354.jpg

Colin Turkington says new BMW 125i a “significant step”
2009 British Touring Car champion Colin Turkington believes West Surrey Racing’s new BWM 125i challenger is a much improved package as the team run the car for the second time this season.

The team tested at Brands Hatch earlier in the week, with all three drivers setting competitive times in the upgraded Next Generation Touring Car-specification 125i M. The team then unveiled the new, more colourful livery, at a BMW dealership in London yesterday afternoon ahead of the media day launch and test next week at Donington Park.

“First and foremost the car looks stunning, it’s an evolution of what he had last year,” said Turkington to TouringCarTimes. “Performance-wise there have been a few significant steps from last year; the aerodynamics have the been the biggest step forward. Already we can feel the car gives you a little bit more confidence than it gave us last year, just being able to turn in with a bit more grip at the rear.

“(But) every other team will also have improved their package and moved on, but hopefully we’ll be able to have made a slightly bigger step than the others.”

After a successful test at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit on Tuesday, where all three cars were in action throughout the whole day without incident, Turkington believes the signs are good, but no one can be sure until the first race.

“I think we’ve been competitive. I don’t think anybody really shows their hand till the opening race. We’re still in the testing phase. We’re not yet fine tuning the car for a particular day, at Brands Hatch for instance, we were still testing things and trying to find good chunks of time, so we’re still focussing on our own project and making good strides forward.”

Turkington’s title challenge in 2013 was upset in the latter half of the year through incidents not of his own making. With new rules coming in to enforce driving standards, it’s believed they will help this year, though not as much as having an improved car in the first place.

“Staying out of trouble is a big part of success in touring cars,” said Turkington. “The difficulty last year was a lot of the times we just weren’t quick enough. We were running near the front but the guys on a soft tyre or whatever were coming through and were quite a bit quicker, and in that instance you become quite vulnerable, but I think we’re going to turn up with a quicker base car this year, so that should make it easier to stay out of trouble.

“For sure, things like the more strict penalties and guidelines on driving standards and even track limits may play to our favour a little bit.”

Finally reflecting on a Championship which sees former BTCC and WTCC drivers Fabrizio Giovanardi and Alain Menu return to the fold, Turkington adds that it’s a great time to be in the BTCC.

“The cream of the crop are in British Touring Cars at the moment, the strength of the grid is higher than ever, and it’s great to be a part of that, and you always want to challenge yourself against the best guys out there, and it’s going to be a great spectacle.”

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Glad to see Colin got another drive with BMW this year, if he has even a smidgen of a better car than he had last year he will have one hand on the championship from the get go

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
So many cars, it's going to be awesome

Timetable (GMT Saturday, BST Sunday)

Saturday
Free Practice 1: 10am-10:40am
Free Practice 2: 12:40pm-13:20pm
Qualifying: 15:40pm-16:10pm

SundayRace 1: 11:47am (24 Laps)
Race 2: 14:17pm (24 Laps)
Race 3: 17:02pm (24 Laps)

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
BTCC and Support Races 2014 - Round 1 - Brands Hatch
BRANDS HATCH INDY
141303qu1trg.gif

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.