Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
More appealing to the family market and also with it being slightly "hidden" will still appeal to those who wanted a 3 door ideally.

Make it smaller with 3 doors and it would be a proper hot hatch (y)

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
More appealing to the family market and also with it being slightly "hidden" will still appeal to those who wanted a 3 door ideally.

Make it smaller with 3 doors and it would be a proper hot hatch (y)
dont see how. just cos you cant see the nadles doesnt mean you dont know a doors there. look at fn2 and then the 5 door version of it. looks like **** all just like this latest model

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
looks wise, its not the best. never liked the fn2 although the JDM fd2 was a lot nicer. ef9, eg6 and ek9 are the best looking, I've even seen tidy 2nd gen civic before. ep3 was acceptable in looks for me.

wonder what will this new CTR JDM version will be like though, if its going to be a saloon shape like the current gen.

on a side note, was there much differences between the k20 in the ep3 and fn2? and is double wishbone suspension front and back really that good compared to the ep3 and fn2 set up in terms of track handling?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Press release from Honda today outlining some new VTEC turbo engines

http://world.honda.com/news/2013/4131119VTEC-TURBO-Gasoline-Turbo-Engine/index.html

Heard myself the engine will rev to 7K. I dare say a remap and some simple mods would be able to hit 350 bhp easily.

The engine looks pretty contained, turbo upgrades might be tricky. It looks like they went with a pretty small turbo and intercooler to minimise lag. It'll be interesting to see how much power has been left on the table.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
As long as the engine doesn't have the same fatal fault as the 08/09 s2000's and hasn't been finished on the cheap!

I think it will have potential.

garybrennan1977

RMS Regular
Drives
Everything
D7C2C6E5-D089-4625-8816-618CCA2D0732-175-0000000471C05064_zpsc38e92f4.jpg

dufunk

RMS Regular
The mate was telling me it isnt intelligent i-vtec there using on this, that it is the lift mechanism used previously but further down the rev range if that is true id think 280bhp is abit disappointing still isnt matching the evo's and sti's even the old school ones as they were lighter.