Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Wooah

1266784038597.jpg

Although it won't be to a lot of folks tastes, I love it. There will be no mistaking it for the rest of the civic range, unlike a lot of other hatches at the moment (m135i and AMG a45 look a lot like their sport equivs). I REALLY hope it drives well - that's the clincher - if it can add a taste of compliancy to the ride quality then it could be a result. The wild looks will undoubtedly shrink its market though.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
the rear end is torsion beam based and is largely carried from the previous generation but there has been considerable work done on the FWDS with elecy diffs etc all coming on board. the car has different modes for ride with type r being extreme setting so likely provide some come compromises than the previous gen did not.

certainly a step in the right direction, and the company has to get it right

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Next year, would have been this year only HUK was more focused in delivering the new Civic Tourer. Hopefully the extra time will deliver something special

Last edited:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Looks very aggressive (y)

There's talk also of a mid-engined S2000 replacement coming, which will have the same basic engine as found in this CTR but in a higher state of tune (350bhp or so). If correct that would show the tuning potential of the engine itself

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
That rear spoiler or whatever the hell it is looks awful. +o(

Just another reason for me to hate modern car design.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
~ £30k

turbocharged 2 litre, FWD - ~280hp

Angry and in your face, still a prettier car than the Mk2 Focus RS

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
~ £30k

turbocharged 2 litre, FWD - ~280hp

Angry and in your face, still a prettier car than the Mk2 Focus RS
You know what, that isn't bad at all for what it is and compared to whats out there - its just fantastic looking