Coogs multifaceted fleet

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
The only thing that's getting dumped from the white one is the shell. Everything else is either being held as spares or being sold on.

Time is not something I have a lot of these days unfortunately but then the build doesn't need to happen overnight... You've been at yours for years lol :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Somebody else on here was building an Exocet for a while, forget who. Search Member's Cars.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Torsen time :grinning:

Only taken me two and a half years lol

DSC_0679.JPG

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I don't own an MX5, but if someone would be kind enough to give me a go....... :p lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
All you chaps running LSD's already?

Feeling a bit late to the party here.

I've a couple of spare sets of daisies, some with tyres and some without. Must seek out some cheap tyres and throw them on...

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I've a Kaaz 1.5 way diff in mine. Doesn't clunk at low speeds really unless it's recently been "used" alot, and locks the very best.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I've a uprated lsd in mine lol. Locks the very best ha! Need a set a rear wheels if anyone has any spare lol?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
after seeing a couple of MX5's going round and round, as well as the way they handled at an autotest last night at Downpatrick racecourse you could be persuaded rightly to invest in one for a bit of fun!

KevM

RMS Regular
They are the cheapest RWD open-top craic you can have & bullet-proof!

I changed mine for a Mk2 GTi and kinda regret it!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Got out a bit earlier today and thought I would get the car up on the stands and see what was what. Maybe crack a few nuts, deal with rusty parts and prep for tomorrow, etc. You know how it is.....

Turns out it was actually more straight forward than I thought.

After a bit the VLSD was out and beside its replacement. Old unit on the right and torsen on the left.

DSC_0680.JPG

Driveshafts and prop shaft pulled too. Again, can be a nightmare but they just popped out no problem in double quick time.

DSC_0681.JPG

So then I figured I'll just keep going till tea time and see how far I get on. Hour or so later and its in, with shafts and working lol

DSC_0684.JPG

Still needs the shafts properly buttoned up which I can do tomorrow along with brakes overhaul and then we are set :grinning:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
They are the cheapest RWD open-top craic you can have & bullet-proof!

I changed mine for a Mk2 GTi and kinda regret it!

I had a mk2 16v and the mx5 is more fun as a weekend toy. Mk2 is a bloody a great car though, one of my favourites of all time (have had a few)

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
after seeing a couple of MX5's going round and round, as well as the way they handled at an autotest last night at Downpatrick racecourse you could be persuaded rightly to invest in one for a bit of fun!

Very easy worked on and loads of enthusiasts that mostly stick together and look after each other. I've had plenty of free bits and have gave plenty away too. I'll always have an mx5 lol. Love them.