Coogs multifaceted fleet

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
TR lane do a nice little conversion kit which uses the mini cooper s supercharger. Definitely looks diyable, even for a pleb :innocent:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Glad to see that you've finally joined the bandwagon! I only had my UK MX5 for 2 months before I got bored and bought an import, dunno how you've lasted this long!

TR lane do a nice little conversion kit which uses the mini cooper s supercharger. Definitely looks diyable, even for a pleb :innocent:

Can we do ours together? Not a hope of mine working if I do it all by myself! lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I did a drift day at bishops court with the vlsd and honestly thought it was dead on. Needed to be thrown around fairly aggressively but it did skids OK

And yes let aim for 2017 supercharged mx5's lol

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Would absolutely love to get a wee get together of all the MX-5s on the site! Somewhere with lots of space.

Seriously fun cars, I've never had as much craic on the roads in my life.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Mine would have kicked the tail out OK, but then it lifted the inside wheel and all the fun would be over.

Well this past week Ive finally got a nice new garage all to myself to work at it, almost looking forward to the winter months! :eek:

And yes, a wee spin and catch up with all the MX5s would be good craic

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Mine would have kicked the tail out OK, but then it lifted the inside wheel and all the fun would be over.

Well this past week Ive finally got a nice new garage all to myself to work at it, almost looking forward to the winter months! :eek:

And yes, a wee spin and catch up with all the MX5s would be good craic

The Kaaz locks fairly well

nZMc1Fw.png

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Sorry, meant KM! [emoji14]

But yes, there's been more than a few tyres that have died there! lol
Haha, some view all the same. Like that spot for the Donegal Rally stage.

Yeah I've camped in the grassy bit around that lay by a few years on the Friday night on Donegal International, just be's packed with hallions, include ones I was with Haha.

More than tyres
One fella (not with us) ripped the toilet seats off and tried to be cool in his fwd thing (forget what it was)

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I used a few Micky Ds trays wayyy back in the mighty 206, but the toilet seat just sounds a bit rash! haha

Aye looking forward to it this year again, we started doing a bit of planning this past week, all the old stories coming up again! lol

However, on that note, @Coog we do apologise, you can now have your thread back! :p

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Well done Coog. Always fancied putting a Torsen into mine and using it for auto tests but then sold it. Have regretted it ever since.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
These seem great fun for the £££
Uk ones have crap diff, jap proper locking one? That red one above looks amazing in those wheels etc.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
All done today but its pulling a bit under throttle. Will investigate tomorrow but suspect crappy rear tyres and/or slightly over tightened handbrake on one side which is confusing the torsen diff. The diff appears to work very well though with limited testing this afternoon... Going to be some craic!!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
These seem great fun for the £££
Uk ones have crap diff, jap proper locking one? That red one above looks amazing in those wheels etc.

Jap 1600 come with a viscous lsd which is no good (what I pulled), 1800s come with the torsen which is better. There's also aftermarket units available from kaaz, etc which are more money but arguably better again.

Torsen locks up rightly though. Probably not much use for big drifting sessions due to them needing torque and so opening up on deceleration, but fine for messing about and throttle induced slides plus they don't ever wear out.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I was going to but honestly couldn't see when I would use it. Maybe over winter if I get bored lol.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Looks like fun but I've a head like a sieve. Must look into it for the craic though.

DavyC

RMS Regular
after seeing a couple of MX5's going round and round, as well as the way they handled at an autotest last night at Downpatrick racecourse you could be persuaded rightly to invest in one for a bit of fun!

A few of the competitors who were there also attended a demonstration 'tandom' style autotest yesterday at Gransha Church (not sure who or which club organised it)... It looks class tho. Some of them are neck and neck. Stopastride's youtube channel for the vids...

Looks like fun but I've a head like a sieve. Must look into it for the craic though.

..Look no further!.. Larne Motor Club are holding thier 1st clubman autotest next Tuesday night in Carnfunnock Country Park. One of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) evening autotest entries at £10 + £5 membership fee (that'll mean just the £10 entry fee for thier 2nd clubman autotest later on if you fancy it!;)) You'd be more than welcome!

There's loads of beginners style autotests throughout the year run by various clubs all over the province and the LSD'd MX would be right at home. I'd be a bit of a sieve head myself but being able to walk the tests before hand (as daft as it may look!) really helps it sink in. And even if you do balls up you can be rest assured you wont be alone.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Sounds like it could be fun. I might take a run down and try it. Afraid of making a total wab out of myself though lol.

Where can I find out more info re times, etc?