Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Now i used to cycle a lot, as a group we'd always pull into single file in situations like this, i know that as a cyclist it is your given right to use the road within the boundaries of the law, they say two abreast is safer etc, but seriously, is there any need for this??
Gilford to Banbridge this morning.

Idiots didnt check behind once!!

Not wanting to start this whole debate again, but it looked to me it would have been no easier to pass them had they been in single file. Still not enough room without going to the other oncoming carriageway. Or squeezing them off the road.

I do agree they could have pulled over at the station/layby and let you past, other than that do not see what else they could have done.

The point is, as usual, that as annoying as they are, they are no different than a tractor or a horse box or whatever. Would you have posted a video and started giving off had it been a tractor, or some sheep, or a horse box holding you up?

The road is for everyone. Sometimes that gets annoying, getting held up behind a tractor or a Zafira or a Micra or a bike or whatever. Get over it, life is too short :grinning:

End of sermon, lol :innocent:

Last edited:

Jethro

RMS Regular

Now i used to cycle a lot, as a group we'd always pull into single file in situations like this, i know that as a cyclist it is your given right to use the road within the boundaries of the law, they say two abreast is safer etc, but seriously, is there any need for this??
Gilford to Banbridge this morning.

Idiots didnt check behind once!!

That is absolutely shocking, stick on a decent tune, get some power and you would have got past them no bother.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I had thought of that myself, but figured if the files are set to 5 minutes, then the chances of you missing something are pretty slim.

If a new file has just started, doesnt matter whether it's 1 min or 5...it'll be saving the new file, not the previous one you might want saved.

Not a big deal, the display is easy to see and the time counter is easy to see, so you'd know anyway if you got the right file or not

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
If a new file has just started, doesnt matter whether it's 1 min or 5...it'll be saving the new file, not the previous one you might want saved.

Not a big deal, the display is easy to see and the time counter is easy to see, so you'd know anyway if you got the right file or not

Yea, but if it's set to 5 minutes then you have 5 times less chance of that happening than if it's set to 1 minute. :grinning:

Steve C

RMS Regular
OP
Steve C
Had an accident today. The guy ran a red and caught the front of my car. There was a van on my right obscuring my view so I didn't see him until it was too late. Hoping it's straight forward. Fast forward to 2.30 or so.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Nightmare :worried:.

Much damage? What did the other guy say? Sadly I expect that although he ran the red light, you hit the side of him. I'm no expert though, just surmising from other standard collision outcomes.

Steve C

RMS Regular
OP
Steve C
Nightmare :worried:.

Much damage? What did the other guy say? Sadly I expect that although he ran the red light, you hit the side of him. I'm no expert though, just surmising from other standard collision outcomes.

My car needs a bonnet, bumper, grille, drivers side wing and the drivers door has dropped and the airbag light is on.

He ran the red, went round the van and caught the front of me. I literally couldn't avoid him. He admitted liability.

Steve C

RMS Regular
OP
Steve C
Bonus. Get the insurance to sort it ASAP then.

It's with an accident management company, less hassle. The damage shows that he swiped me if you know what I mean. Running the red will surely mean he's at fault. He was actually a decent guy.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
People who do this should be picked off via sniper before they hit Fortwilliam... (Blue Hyundai on RHS)

It happened me in the Megane earlier in the week. Inches away from a collision. No dash cam in it though as it's not usually used for commuting.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
I'm getting a dash cam and am going for the blackvue 650 or whatever it is, forward and rear facing camera to fit to the learner car,does anyone else have this set up? Everyday I'm near destroyed so cameras are a must from now on

Also does insurance give you any discount for having them? My insurance is cheap as it is but if you got discount it would pay for the cameras lol

Ps that red light incident above was totally the mo does fault :grinning:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Can't see an issue myself, they waited until they past the solid white line and were even using their indicators.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

@Sgt_Major When both pavement and road completely empty...not a problem with that, no idea why quote thingy isnt working

Had an accident today. The guy ran a red and caught the front of my car. There was a van on my right obscuring my view so I didn't see him until it was too late. Hoping it's straight forward. Fast forward to 2.30 or so.

Footage will be invaluable there, and get a stronger mount. Not sure if it could be debated about fault there, but it is a reminder that green or not, always check first

What did the other car say ? Where police called ? Did you tell him you had footage of him running the red light ?

Last edited:

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd

you cant argue with that - you're green, he's red. must get one of these - really couldnt beat that if the worst should happen - sorry about the car though mate

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi

Is that the same fella turning left as you approach the lights?

KevM

RMS Regular
Not wanting to start this whole debate again

I do!

The irony is, that's the EXACT spot in Lawrencetown that I passed the two cyclists safely & courteously, when the two cyclists both gave me the bird for doing so, in fact, it's likely the very same two ball bags that did it, hence my rant on here that kicked the debate off to start with, so I make no apologies!!

Cycling with total disregard for other road users & their respective journeys, like its their God given right.

Il hit the horn next time, f'ing losers.

Anyway, not to let selfish oblivious cyclists hi-jack another thread, il just say Praise the Lord for the Dash-Cam!! :grinning:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Watching on fone but can you make out the signal change for him from the lights to the left? That'd be a winner

Darren91

RMS Regular

@pobmk4 Kathy needs a camera for Christmas, an excuse to get one! :cool: