Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That's the job there Lyons. Then extension lead with the mini USB end up to the camera and make sure it's connected to a switched source so that it comes on/off with ignition. Might do that myself :p

All of a sudden doubles the cost of the set-up though lol :party:

The standard issue set-up is grand for me for now. Will see if the camera lasts longer than 5 minutes before delving into wiring. Excuse the state of the interior!

WP_20141128_001[1].jpg

Last edited:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Twin USB adaptor in the 12v port then a 5m usb was under £2 delivered run it from camera to the usb and still have slot free for charging phone

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's the job there Lyons. Then extension lead with the mini USB end up to the camera and make sure it's connected to a switched source so that it comes on/off with ignition. Might do that myself :p

All of a sudden doubles the cost of the set-up though lol :party:

The standard issue set-up is grand for me for now. Will see if the camera lasts longer than 5 minutes before delving into wiring. Excuse the state of the interior!

View attachment 71761

That's hardly offensive currently, I'd probably leave it like that!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I use a twin charger socket thing I got from Halfords years ago. The end that plugs into the 12v socket is low profile and there's then 2m of cable before the 2 12v sockets. This means that I have it plugged in and the rest is hidden behind panels so you see about 2 inches of the cable which is fairly tight against the panel before it disappears behind the trim. It's a pretty neat and good set up with a spare socket for what ever you need it for. Cheap too at about £3.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Here's a test video I took this afternoon in Belfast. Quality direct from device is OK; i.e enough to help argue your case if necessary...

56oval

RMS Regular

Now i used to cycle a lot, as a group we'd always pull into single file in situations like this, i know that as a cyclist it is your given right to use the road within the boundaries of the law, they say two abreast is safer etc, but seriously, is there any need for this??
Gilford to Banbridge this morning.

Idiots didnt check behind once!!

Last edited:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Now i used to cycle a lot, as a group we'd always pull into single file in situations like this, i know that as a cyclist it is your given right to use the road within the boundaries of the law, they say two abreast is safer etc, but seriously, is there any need for this??
Gilford to Banbridge this morning.

Idiots didnt check behind once!!

No abuse out the window ?

they probably knew fine rightly they were holding people up behind them, some probably try and hold as many people up as possible.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
No abuse out the window ?

they probably knew fine rightly they were holding people up behind them, some probably try and hold as many people up as possible.
Exactly this, they enjoy annoying drivers now more than cycling. Ive got to the stage i dont bother tryin to get past, I just stay behind them. It annoys them more.

56oval

RMS Regular
Given i had my niece and daughter in the back going to " singalong frozen " i had two choices, go on a full yob style essex rantathon full of expletives or hold my tongue whilst at the same time boiling over inside, i chose the option that didnt result in children crying and the wife constantly reminding me for the next 10 years how i ruined my daughters first trip to the flicks!

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Exactly this, they enjoy annoying drivers now more than cycling. Ive got to the stage i dont bother tryin to get past, I just stay behind them. It annoys them more.

How does that work? I mean, why would that annoy them?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They don't enjoy annoying drivers. Its hardly a smart thing to annoy someone in a 1+ton vehicle. Two abreast to stop some **** flying past at 70+mph with inches to spare. Deliberately annoying other road users is ludicrous no matter if you're on a bike or in your car.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
They don't enjoy annoying drivers. Its hardly a smart thing to annoy someone in a 1+ton vehicle. Two abreast to stop some **** flying past at 70+mph with inches to spare. Deliberately annoying other road users is ludicrous no matter if you're on a bike or in your car.
Two abreast makes it more likely someone will hit them.