Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Ive only just started using my dash cam so havn't got much on it but here are a couple of clips from yesterday / today which show just how impatient people are.

1st one is at Tillysburn where someone in a Corsa goes flying down the bike lane and out the other side onto Sydenham Bypass. Luckily there are no bikes coming down.
2nd clip is a Peugeot on the Kings Road who is very impatient and decides to skip to the front of the queue of traffic

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
That leon should be reported, driving like that is completely idiotic. It's a pity the video wasn't better quality though.

The heating elements in the windscreen tend to make the image go a bit green, and you tubes compression doesn't help either. The original image is better and a wee tweak of the colour settings improves things no end

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
The heating elements in the windscreen tend to make the image go a bit green, and you tubes compression doesn't help either. The original image is better and a wee tweak of the colour settings improves things no end

Yes I thought the compression would have hindered the quality, if the number plate is clear on the original copy I'd be handing it to the police.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Yes I thought the compression would have hindered the quality, if the number plate is clear on the original copy I'd be handing it to the police.

Yes the number plate is visible, actually with the amount of scum that forms on my windscreen, the lens probably could do cleaned too. TBH I couldn't be annoyed with reporting it, sitting in the cop shop waiting to make a statement, they will probably need the original video so I will loose my memory card, then they will do me for doing 75 on the carriageway on the way to work this morning

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Yes the number plate is visible, actually with the amount of scum that forms on my windscreen, the lens probably could do cleaned too. TBH I couldn't be annoyed with reporting it, sitting in the cop shop waiting to make a statement, they will probably need the original video so I will loose my memory card, then they will do me for doing 75 on the carriageway on the way to work this morning

LOL more hassle than it's worth I suppose, probably only for them to turn round and tell you that they couldn't use it as evidence against him.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
LOL more hassle than it's worth I suppose, probably only for them to turn round and tell you that they couldn't use it as evidence against him.

Exactly, it's getting well shared on bakebook anyway

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Without trying to defend the guy as that would be almost impossible but who knows, he could of went for the overtake without reading the road properly panicked and just committed himself went home and changed his pants and said his prayers no one got hurt.

Could be his first proper driving mistake or maybe he drives like that all the time in which case yes he's a knob.

Some of you boys would have a man hung lol.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
He was still driving at a fair rate after the overtak, didn't appear to phase him.

Like I said, I'm not averse to scalping any of my cars, but manoeuvre like that is just suicidal.

You have a good point I guess and yes the manoeuvre was dangerous and idiotic. That's why my post was diplomatic (y)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ive only just started using my dash cam so havn't got much on it but here are a couple of clips from yesterday / today which show just how impatient people are.

1st one is at Tillysburn where someone in a Corsa goes flying down the bike lane and out the other side onto Sydenham Bypass. Luckily there are no bikes coming down.
2nd clip is a Peugeot on the Kings Road who is very impatient and decides to skip to the front of the queue of traffic

first one, I always wondered if a car would fit down there lol wasnt sure if there would be any bollards etc to prevent it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
He was still driving at a fair rate after the overtak, didn't appear to phase him.

Like I said, I'm not averse to scalping any of my cars, but manoeuvre like that is just suicidal.

Suicidal I can deal with....but as it verges on potential attempted murder of others that's a different matter entirely.

Bigger question though...was he speeding ?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
You have a good point I guess and yes the manoeuvre was dangerous and idiotic. That's why my post was diplomatic (y)

You can just about see him pull a near identical move to pass the van.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
If it was me I'd still be reporting that. It's just complete lunacy doing that! It's only a matter of time if he keeps that up.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
first one, I always wondered if a car would fit down there lol wasnt sure if there would be any bollards etc to prevent it.
Saw a wee motor doing that before and going towards Belfast and saw another appear out under the bypass heading towards bangor another day so I think it's a fairly popular 'rat run'

colin84

RMS Regular
I would certainly be reporting that Leon. We all like to put the foot down on a back rd, but that is just idiotic and only a matter of time before he kills someone else.