Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I would love a proper dashcam but are none of you worried someone will do a smash and grab to knick it ?
I'm currently using an app on my phone which i take with me obviously but i cant be bothered setting it up every time I'm driving. Im also in and out of the van and car so it's handy using the phone as i always have it on me.

I've thought about it a few times, although I rarely park anywhere for any length of time so not so much an issue for me.

But given people steal sat navs, radios etc you'd think there could be a big market for dashcams even if new ones are fairly cheap.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I've thought about it a few times, although I rarely park anywhere for any length of time so not so much an issue for me.

But given people steal sat navs, radios etc you'd think there could be a big market for dashcams even if new ones are fairly cheap.
Thats what I'm thinking . Had a satnav stolen from the van when it was parked up for 5 mins in Belfast. It was the cheapest Garmin and it was about 8 years old too. Smashed the window and took the unit , left the cradle and charger. I doubt a theif would think twice about a £150 dashcam.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
That would've great lad thanks

What's quality of video
Like?
Pics are pretty rubbish as kept reflecting ..... video quality is superb, i haven't uploaded anything to youtube, but this video link is the exact same model etc just to give you an idea

9RhvZ27.jpg

VWEh7MV.jpg

4Ph6W6g.jpg

Last edited:

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Ch
Pics are pretty rubbish as kept reflecting ..... video quality is superb, i haven't uploaded anything to youtube, but this video link is the exact same model etc just to give you an idea

q2d0VH3r6CxQVk5ebuUDKOOjF6xMqzHNoqT4sUFt-ooy3T0DpNyUTHaDUTDhnvSeZcD5Ffxzi1NMs6ftpvbf8NveB3e8lz8ydvboyFoL7Tk3bpeE_0WzUP2wfa3-ctIL9Acq0nOhwx64-JzcPBLXqQt6GkLIOyvM5qb7yZb1QGa4zoZzw011RLe_jsUvy-G6X3EA2AHpWKVVbFfD5rnmUNiJDMWm4QX7erx_yOkvMYncjUy6m0jE6_ln282H3WUZAdXtpxP2PAzMp4-P83RFZiKOlvWipXcKJN_7jFFMd_NY3ZRLbwevO6sX45375HrsFdUyECgz4QlLFzTirmyYasO4KODpDQdwVFrzR_oLh4LDt-EAcWTJGc9J1koWldTmKAjwy9ZTRX8RWxcuoQHUGhwuqtTB7-lZYU9nhix0yiX5tXSxtV6f8EONiWRIhA3-wd3_9EdKugKwFdy9MzgZUwxrsCnoUFxjmB28bli4GYD-fX0sXI6sO8OXoVoofpvpG5EIZEJhu4ogTkzZQW9IUFF6MyR6lT6jiJTWy98hG5HNhH9_Qi1IwXzmEr9vFECPJxrpdg=w1283-h949-no

s8zelLyDEDeHc_A1Q6moCNlY9PpW-n6nF9wLxRZxkAAzR9lAcn-e1R0ELEYeYiXBHR7QSODrb60ZHFdR_evvlA9naddGUu0Ij5OEOZWiN55vTTf0YFIA085qclzYE-Y3Sex_CKC_GiQvGqeTXLtXvuSJVLJ5M7pgEkMES5rwLA7IXHH06kPAywQIJUFTKHHT4oynmE3ZuPuRST3rQbNDR3tsxYHdAnEKl59wipDIcWXzOS3_xOF5IlhLTuR9GaROvYc4pZXZ-ALc5_9T3nLetSuBSFQnvqrzUqqAz_V3sndDgOzeZlh76888d03yU5nE6sn0yyOSkqXnAvrCCctxZFp04a2Sv12mlLq4rl2lga8jfSv1Ap4AhXUqaB6H_AjrXB2F3PbKIwf_2Z4gHe7z9tl_udgY6FPklAL9ngnEkNGLyA1zbHR5FVTRv1oWGURbrKaWLLAN-uGTZ9do_jkDsk3W9On5b254XQJHsipKaguoTaUVYgn5YtGCTANB7DiPud_oO4my4i6Xf5i2cL4em6yOHpCzitZX8OUw0VpWNNFwGUGSX8WLy3ypzAYI6OVbh5JkCQ=w1283-h949-no

iITgiYTFxQIIha_PCapXJKtq3qi34BTTMPNcNdToKjP3D79LakV5c4vWDjPv_Q2w5ajRvEOipBK-8iQYIGMCcTYgs06bDdxiu3sO6EhxoYT19tjeWvmAAL6KItmKIHdblK4I_ldwB-2_zWLrnZuAS4IrheDy6dU5Na7Ol1s3lJjWQr65vivMsADzQmYm-DIxWBD1ysaEzcP2X47A2LOJO4TR3g3xqiBvesajWpJEYHlHcKA7aAcJYevm6GheqZ2WQGjSNOftwQw1HtpyGejXu1_V1TX70A-6cEMnUyyeq4jNb05zcACS0QsouQokSqoFn92pkxshVJ2SPt63HF9R3O_Om8FsTl0UMDa4OCstAjriAKmxczc7HocPxVcl_CHL17DgBxfFFju89iE3pSvmaz142FBG-ip-1ahrefuMUohDydT_bOptoZ-cPzSxB7E1r4z9OQNA2f6h2W1iFCX5k6wTUEUViaGQcTqRL57QJ6OvCswyS5nlOzyNNmeylEHohcxLxTyFkc-Mk1nbEWRBabBQfyC1HXDj4vTSFSqcGS5KSOYeYnBENItW1LY68De3o3yfVQ=w1283-h949-no

cheera bud, looks very good quality... Can't see pictures tho.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
That could have made a mess very easily !

Although the things some retards do on the hard shoulder is shocking. Nevermind phone use etc....when people stop on the hard shoulder and do ridiculous things, they need severely dealt with by the law.

I was driving into Belfast a few years ago in the morning, and some ****wit had stopped on the rightmost lane, on the bend at Fortwilliam citybound to change a spare wheel on the left side of his car ! Like WTF ! Someone that stupid needs locked up for the danger they placed themselves and everyone else in.

Even today on the M1 near Dungannon. Some assholes changing a lorry tyre on the hard shoulder, tyre on the carriageway side of the lorry.

All they had to do was drive another 5-600 yards and they'd have been at the slip road for Dungannon and in a much safer location away from the main carriageway

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Can't believe the cops didn't take any action against this clown.... bad enough driving off but the last overtake is even more dangerous!

Holy fudge. Is that the cops over taking two vehicles ? And he come up the inside and clips them?? Jebus

big cyril

RMS Regular
Where did the Audi come from?
Did it follow the van on the overtake and then try to undertake it?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, tried to undertake the van... Eedjit.

As for police not taking any action, maybe they were not able to identify the actual driver of the Audi... Or because they would have had to do the van driver as well for dangerous driving/speeding/whatever afterwards... Unreal they did nothing though, if that is actually true (we do not know from the video what they actually did).

Also, we see nothing of what happened before. Maybe the van cut up the Audi when starting the overtake?

Obviously no excuse, just there may be more to it than what we see. As usual...

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If the cops didnt take action against the Audi...it was probably a cop or similar driving it.

Absolutely no excuse whatsoever for that Audi driver to not be charged with a variety of offences. And they dont need to identify the driver, the registered keeper is responsible for keeping records of who was driving, and in the same way they've twisted and manipulated all the speed related laws....if you dont cough up who was driving, the owner gets the punishment.

But it would be impossible to believe that any cop with any integrity would not be pursuing that Audi driver with a number of very serious offences.

But then we know how ****ed up the law etc is in that regard !

big cyril

RMS Regular
I'd say there's fault on both sides.
Camera guy hogging the right hand lane doesn't excuse the undertake for sure, but why not just pull in normally after passing and let Audi guy past?
Both should have stopped after the collision, neither did.
The camera guy seems to like cutting corners later on also.
Surprised one/both didn't get some sort of prosecution.

The irony is that a camera van would have done someone for 68mph on that road which would be a lot less dangerous than the whacky races shown which didn't result in a prosecution.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I'd say there's fault on both sides.
Camera guy hogging the right hand lane doesn't excuse the undertake for sure, but why not just pull in normally after passing and let Audi guy past?
Both should have stopped after the collision, neither did.
The camera guy seems to like cutting corners later on also.
Surprised one/both didn't get some sort of prosecution.

The irony is that a camera van would have done someone for 68mph on that road which would be a lot less dangerous than the whacky races shown which didn't result in a prosecution.

Perhaps the camera car was just being safe ensuring he had passed everything ? Slightly delaying pulling in if his road ahead is still clear isnt in any way illegal or a crime. Maybe he had seen the Audi behind him and was making sure there was enough room for both cars to pull back in to their own lane ?

I want to hear what the outcome was, if the police didnt pursue it, then the police themselves need pursued.

PhilM

RMS Regular
Yeah my natural instinct from watching the Incar i was very aware he was purposely obstructing someone just before the Audi appeared.

Would the camera car not equally be done for inciting hatred? Or travelling in the wrong lane? Lol

Rather funny tbh since no one got hurt - two knobs met their match,

Phil

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just the usual, a random video (when was it even taken?) showing a small part of a bigger story, and then everyone gets all upset over nothing being done, etc. When nobody knows what the police actually did (other than the headline of said video).

Plenty of unacceptable driving even in that partial video, not just the lunatic in the Audi.