Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Same happened to me earlier at Sandyknowes, that's why I always wait until the car has actually moved of before I do so mtself.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Nothing exciting, just nearly rear ended an R driver. I assume it would still be my fault if i hit them ?

Always safer on those places to make sure the car has crossed before moving forward so quickly behind, especially since the road was clear and they also could have been across in the massive gap just as you arrived behind it so maybe not long passed their test.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Always safer on those places to make sure the car has crossed before moving forward so quickly behind, especially since the road was clear and they also could have been across in the massive gap just as you arrived behind it so maybe not long passed their test.
Notice how quick they went up the hill though , obviously felt wick.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

It's same rule pretty much everywhere...dont proceed until road ahead is clear. Never usually an issue as traffic does move, but yellow box junctions are a prime example. Everyone just plods into them without paying attention ahead and then end up stopped and blocking the place.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Programme on channel 3 next Tuesday @ 9PM. Car crash Britain, car on camera. See an ad for it and set it to record.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Cheeky bastid with a trailer too.
Would luv to be driving an old banger just to run into idiots like that.

Cheers

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Just upgraded my dash cam to a Mini 0806 (with GPS and a polarising lens filter). Seems to be a great unit and is very subtle when installed.

Prices of these have come down a good bit recently so was able pick on up for £71 delivered and delivery only took a week from China.

paddy - got a picture of this installed in your car? i'm just curious how low profile it is. also i assume all wires can be neatly hidden from sight?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Messing with the phone, guaranteed, or something like that. Drift toward the barrier, look up, panic, yank the wheel, job done.

Seen a few near misses like that on motorways, always somebody staring into a phone.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
paddy - got a picture of this installed in your car? i'm just curious how low profile it is. also i assume all wires can be neatly hidden from sight?

I'll try to get a pic later. But yeah all wires hidden from view (bar about 2 inches where it goes into the actual camera) and I had a mate in the car the day I installed it and he said he couldn't see it from the passenger seat and I can't see it from the drivers so it's pretty discrete.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
How this muppet lost control is beyond me :eek:

Thought he was coming into the lane and swerved too quickly. Never regained control from the minute they hit the inside lane.

Volvo crossed the white line in front of them too!

Capture.PNG

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
How this muppet lost control is beyond me :eek:

Cracker. Hard to tell but front wheel looks very dark, maybe a space saver ? Other than that, maybe tyre pressures completely wrong ?

Or most likely, they're just an incompetent unfit to drive arsehole who should never have a license.

I wonder who many cops have stopped idiots driving flat out on the motorway with space savers above their stated speed limit and gave them 3 points for a defective tyre ?

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Exact same thing happened me, albeit 3 inches of snow and my dads rear wheel drive 320d. I was young and stupid. That was an interesting phone call home!