Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Just upgraded my dash cam to a Mini 0806 (with GPS and a polarising lens filter). Seems to be a great unit and is very subtle when installed.

Prices of these have come down a good bit recently so was able pick on up for £71 delivered and delivery only took a week from China.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

You need to be careful when buying one of these as there are various options and packages available. This is the one I've ordered (and received) :

EYOYO 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 HD 1296P Car Dash Cam/GPS W/Extra CPL+OBD Hard Wire

As stated it has the optional GPS, CPL filter and hard wire kit. Was bought from eBay for £5 less than the one linked to on Aliexpress. You can get a basic one for around £55 with none of the options.

Last edited:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Thanks. Usually Ali Express is the place to buy this type of thing cheaper if you dont mind waiting on it. Not in this case obviously. Ive been looking at cheap Sat Navs and they are also cheaper on Ebay than Ali Express.

Edit - @Paddy_R is the OBD hardwire kit permanent power?

I was thinking of wiring directly to the fuse box with these so it comes on with ignition only.

HARDWIRE CAR CHARGER POWER CABLE KIT FOR MINI AUTO DASH CAM DVR CAMERA MINI USB

Normal Size Piggy Back Fuse Tap, Add A Fuse / Circuit, Fuse Extender 12v 24v

Last edited:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'm not sure about the OBD kit if its permanent power or not to be honest. I've used the 12v socket to power it.

It should be noted that the 12v plug also has a USB socket so you can still charge a phone etc when the camera is plugged in.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
This happened infront of me earlier.... Luckily the guy was not injured, just a bit of damage to the bike.

Done that a few times on the pushbike, lol :innocent:

Roads get so greasy in the wet in winter. Brave man to get out on a motorbike at this time of year!

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Done that a few times on the pushbike, lol :innocent:

Roads get so greasy in the wet in winter. Brave man to get out on a motorbike at this time of year!

He's lucky he had all the proper clothing on or it could have been a lot worse as his trousers etc even ripped a bit.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, when it happens on the pushbike it usually means ripped trousers and bloody knees/hips/elbows :worried: The road might be slippery when riding, but when you hit the ground it is anything but!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Day three of dashcam lol

Full U-turn on 40mph road, to go back to where he came from to park. Don't think wing mirror working either as he stuck head out window to see me
Behind him. Hillbilly :eek::mad:

Also got one of me being threatened today's. Not posting it tho. Evidence :p

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I have mine set so speed isn't recorded on screen, it can be pulled from the GPS data tho but you need the video files + camera log files to get it. I don't speed often but I'd be lying if I said I didn't put my foot down at times so thought it was better not there :grinning:

Speed can easily be calculated taking distance from roadside objects vs time anyway.

So if they wanted to find out what speed, it wouldnt be that difficult.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
And police do have the right to access cameras, phones, etc., if you did have an accident for example. Pretty sure they could even if they just stopped you on the road as well, if they want to.

But easy enough to turn the camera off if needed I suppose :grinning: Would take a special kind of eejit to film themselves being stupid anyway.