Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

heavyoilhenry

RMS Regular
Drives
GTTDi-Rascal TLr
This happened to the Wife last week, she was coming home from her work on the old part of A1 carriage way heading from Newry to the new roundabout at the Sheepbridge. She was greeted by some plank driving on the dual carriageway the wrong way. Could have ended pretty poorly.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Yes ( grey area of the law) because its not articulated and under 7.5 tonne with a Tacho and a speed limiter fitted, also a unit only has higher speed rating on an A rd.

The highway code.......
Rule 265

The right-hand lane of a motorway with three or more lanes MUST NOT be used (except in prescribed circumstances) if you are driving
  • any vehicle drawing a trailer
  • a goods vehicle with a maximum laden weight exceeding 3.5 tonnes but not exceeding 7.5 tonnes, which is required to be fitted with a speed limiter
  • a goods vehicle with a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes
  • a passenger vehicle with a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes constructed or adapted to carry more than eight seated passengers in addition to the driver
  • a passenger vehicle with a maximum laden weight not exceeding 7.5 tonnes which is constructed or adapted to carry more than eight seated passengers in addition to the driver, which is required to be fitted with a speed limiter.

Different wording in the Northern Ireland Edition of the Highway Code

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/sm/highway-code-english-may-2014.pdf?rev=2

image.jpeg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
Of course he was driving like a bell end and very dangerously, and deserves punishment as well as some education ( which isnt mentioned in that report )

But a prison sentence ? And it doesnt even mention any other mitigating factors in the news report that may have lead to such a severe sentence ?

Is that not a bit mental ?

People who actually crash and injure people get far less !

You complain when dangerous drivers get let off because they werent speeding, now one gets jailed for nearly wiping someone out and you say its too harsh??

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You complain when dangerous drivers get let off because they werent speeding, now one gets jailed for nearly wiping someone out and you say its too harsh??

So what punishment do people deserve when they actually cause a crash, cause damage, injure people ?

A death sentence ? Amputate a few limbs ? Do you feel prison is fitting for someone who drives dangerously but doesnt kill or injure anyone ? So if they actually do, they must deserve something far more severe ?

I complain when punishments are ridiculous, when enforcement is a joke etc etc. When the system sucks.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
You need to be careful when buying one of these as there are various options and packages available. This is the one I've ordered (and received) :

EYOYO 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 HD 1296P Car Dash Cam/GPS W/Extra CPL+OBD Hard Wire

As stated it has the optional GPS, CPL filter and hard wire kit. Was bought from eBay for £5 less than the one linked to on Aliexpress. You can get a basic one for around £55 with none of the options.

I'm just about to buy one of these - how are you getting on with it? What's the quality like?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Build quality seems good. Video quality is also very good. I haven't selected the highest resolution but it's still good as I wanted the highest frame rate for smoother running. I'll try to get a sample up but I believe YouTube will compress it so I'll loose quality, there are loads of videos on YouTube already though.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Build quality seems good. Video quality is also very good. I haven't selected the highest resolution but it's still good as I wanted the highest frame rate for smoother running. I'll try to get a sample up but I believe YouTube will compress it so I'll loose quality, there are loads of videos on YouTube already though.

Cheers. I think I'll order it, seems good value at £73

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
According to the YouTube description the guy was fine and walking about the next day. Not sure what the driver of the Golf was doing, it's almost like they were aiming for him :eek:...or maybe just thought he would stop walking ...either way dude crossing the road was an idiot and not paying attention especially when there was a pedestrian crossing a few feet away

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT

Keep watching till the end.....the bit with the women reminds me of that joyrider video from west belfast were the assh0les in the car get rammed by the cops and the women comes out shouting at them saying they're going to hurt the joyriders :rolleyes:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
According to the YouTube description the guy was fine and walking about the next day. Not sure what the driver of the Golf was doing, it's almost like they were aiming for him :eek:...or maybe just thought he would stop walking ...either way dude crossing the road was an idiot and not paying attention especially when there was a pedestrian crossing a few feet away

Low sun (eyes still adjusting from light to dull) and his green jumper is a close colour match to the grass ?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Nothing major but did my tits in, excuse the gash radio in the background, but nothing happens till 1 min 20 secs.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Neither the two of the idiots were looking, doesnt even look like the car hit the brakes at all. You can bet the motorist will get crucified over it though when it's very much 50/50

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Nothing major but did my tits in, excuse the gash radio in the background, but nothing happens till 1 min 20 secs.

And yet another with someone not using their ****ing eyes !

Common theme....you'd think the powers that be would realise this and start targeting drivers like them !

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
And yet another with someone not using their ****ing eyes !

Common theme....you'd think the powers that be would realise this and start targeting drivers like them !
I'm sort of getting to the point of saying Sod it and I just hit them, the saabs made of granite so would probably hurt them more than me. I have at least one idiot a day on my commute.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Doubt all you want, @Mark King got points for being in the third lane with a car transport on a few years back.

Reckon this farmer is breaking any rules then ? And yes, the road is as empty as it looks and they did stay in that lane for as long as I could keep sight til he disappeared in the distance

p***k trailer m2 north.jpg