Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I sat there for ages on Tuesday trying to get across- complete nightmare of a junction.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Fiver says he has either bald or budget tyres on the rear of the golf :p

Ant

RMS Regular

that's a pet hate of mine on that stretch, happens at least a few times a week to me commuting back from stormont, no idea why dickheads just can't change lanes earlier, it's like the extra few car lengths after they go under the bridge are going get them home twice as quick.
Lost the rag a couple years back and kept speed with some knob trying it and he ended up going bananas at me and going down towards j-town etc :laughing:

wouldn't mind hooking up a dash cam to mine but i hate the things sitting out, if i could hide it out of sight somewhere i'd be happy enough

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Do these come with a long enough lead that you can run them down in behind the dash or did people buy extra length?

I got a 5m usb lead off ebay for £1.90 delivered... Camera tucked up behind interior mirror and lead then ran tucked into headliner edge and down a pillar

In my car it goes in behind the glove box and then along centre console into the armrest cubby where I've a twin usb so can still charge phone aswell and it automatically starts up and begins recording when ignition comes on

In her car same setup but runs along the door shut tucked into rubber seal and then under the seat into glove box with same setup

5 min install job tbh

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I got a 5m usb lead off ebay for £1.90 delivered... Camera tucked up behind interior mirror and lead then ran tucked into headliner edge and down a pillar

In my car it goes in behind the glove box and then along centre console into the armrest cubby where I've a twin usb so can still charge phone aswell and it automatically starts up and begins recording when ignition comes on

In her car same setup but runs along the door shut tucked into rubber seal and then under the seat into glove box with same setup

5 min install job tbh
Got a link to one you have bud?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
s-l200.jpg

View item:
1080p Full HD Car DVR Video Camera Recorder 170° dash Cam 2.7" LCD Night Vision

Have same one in mine and hers, seems grand for the money screen set to turn off after a min or so and therefore doesn't distract etc

Just factor in a mem card and longer lead if that's what you need shud b £35-40 all in delivered

Has various loop length setting, infr red, g sensor for impacts etc

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Tbh at that price if it shows someone drove into you who's trying to be a lying fecker then it has done its job!! However my wee cheaply would be poor to try n pick a reg etc at distance or poor light which is one let down

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Tbh at that price if it shows someone drove into you who's trying to be a lying fecker then it has done its job!! However my wee cheaply would be poor to try n pick a reg etc at distance or poor light which is one let down

There is also the possibility that someone will just come clean if they know you have video footage. Decided it was time I got one after almost being wiped out for the umpteenth time in winetaven street. What makes people think it's ok to turn right in the left hand lane is beyond me

brendy

RMS Regular
Ordered this one tonight http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MVNSG3C/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_asp_nz-FI.05SZSXZ . Will probably be crap but for £16 and £11 for a 32GB card (which will fit my phone anyway if the cam is crap), might as well give it a punt
Lol "the iron pan" what is that all about?
That said, it has wide angle compared to the bit of dung I bought last week, it could do a little good but in reality the narrow 90 degrees on it just doesnt show enough and it makes you look like you are constantly tailgating everyone and feels like the intro to "Police Squad/ Naked gun" such is the aspect and zoom preset.