Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
All this talk is making me consider one now!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Considering the aftermath of the accident I saw on the M2 this morning and the milage we rack up, ill be ordering one for both mine and the other halfs Mercs tonight as soon as I go home.

Last edited:

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I came on it very shortly after it happened I think.

Looked to me like an A7 hit the rear of a soft roader (possibly a Kuga/Sandero) at a considerable speed, which forced the Kuga to hit the car in front. It looks like the Kuga then launched up and off the back of that car in the overtaking lane, went right across the driving lane and ended up on the hardshoulder on its roof.

Only 3 cars on the scene but going by the damage, its a miracle everyone was out walking about and noone was killed

Last edited:

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
s-l200.jpg

View item:
1080p Full HD Car DVR Video Camera Recorder 170° dash Cam 2.7" LCD Night Vision

Have same one in mine and hers, seems grand for the money screen set to turn off after a min or so and therefore doesn't distract etc

Just factor in a mem card and longer lead if that's what you need shud b £35-40 all in delivered

Has various loop length setting, infr red, g sensor for impacts etc

I take it you dont use the car charger and just run this permenantly off the USB charger @m00k ?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
It's mental that you can buy something like that, posted from China, with all the little accessories, egay and paypal getting their cut...and for less than £10

Only 7 children died in the making of it as well!

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Thanks, ordered one each for me and the wife.

Had to resort to the iphone last week when a deranged ex brother in law slammed on the anchors twice attempting to cause an accident. Got him trying the second one and went to the police.

Dont forget your micro sd cards. From reading other listings they need a class 10 card to be compatible with 1080p video.

Last edited:

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Quite unbelievable isnt it. It would almost cost me that again if I was to post it to

Dont forget your micro sd cards. From reading other listings they need a class 10 card to be compatible with 1080p video.

Thanks for that, I hadn't actually thought of that. Don't suppose you have a link?

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Yeah running permanent off usb

Auto starts on ignition and begins to record on 10min loop

Sounds perfect for me then so .....

Last question, is there a button you can press to save the previous minute or so of footage? ie if the person in front is acting a wab can you push a button and retrieve that minute of footage at a later date?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Hmmmm quite possibly, I think the return button stops recording and pressing again will start again? I haven't okayed with it that much I don't even have it visible to me when driving to press buttons, I know if I had summat happen and wanted to keep footage I wud just turn it off