/Drive - Chris Harris

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Not often he's stuck for words and ends up repeating himself - "a whole, new thing, a whole new thing". The acceleration of that thing looks immense but the way it seems to corner as well is mighty impressive. Fantastic feat of engineering.

warren

RMS Photographer
Probably the best video ive seen on /Drive, was 28 minutes of pure heaven. I love the rate at which the car in the window at 19mins goes backwards when he gives it some.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Probably the best video ive seen on /Drive, was 28 minutes of pure heaven. I love the rate at which the car in the window at 19mins goes backwards when he gives it some.
Yup, noticed that too. An obviously superbly engineered piece of kit.
Using hybrid power to 'torque fill' for turbo lag is an almost acceptable use of leccy motors.
You do have to wonder how comparatively quick a completely internal combustion version would be with 700 odd bhp and 200kg lighter?
We'll never know but this is still a serious piece of kit that ticks all the boxes including the one marked 'Enviro-Euro emissions crap'.
I'd personally like to see less holes being dug in the arctic circle to extract lithium for all these batteries.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just watched it and very, very impressive - as he said, it is just another level of engineering and something to look forward too more often maybe in the future!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Watched that vid over lunch. What a car. Definitely my favourite out of any recent supercar/hypercar releases, and has been since I first saw a pic of it.

AndyA

RMS Regular
Drives
JCW/FN2/E36
unbelievable looks, performance noise the lot , fair play to him for throwing it out as it doesn't look like a forgiving track if you get it wrong

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
EVO's review of the technical aspects with driving to follow..
The last minute or so is a teaser for the next video. Sounds amazing being wrung out which you dont hear so much in the chris harris video..
Worth a listen ;)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Watched the P1 episode the other night ... Was left speechless!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
unbelievable looks, performance noise the lot , fair play to him for throwing it out as it doesn't look like a forgiving track if you get it wrong
Runoff isn't to bad on the corners that you are likely to possibly need it at, although the runoff area is just more tarmac so won't slow you down too much. It is a very technical course though, you certainly wouldn't want a beginner driving a P1 there. Pity they were only using half the track.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well, they are composite leaf springs so I suppose they are modern.....sort of.
Apart from the composite part tho, it is basically the same design as a sprinter/crafter van tho haha,

When you compare the Corvette to any of its rivals, it is not as modern and more basic in the handle design as well as other areas.

I do love them and want one, but I have to laugh when they think their the best car builders in the world haha.

Storm

Banned

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Shouldn't be anything like top gear which is great. Should be a proper car enthusiast show.

Storm

Banned

First episode just hit youtube

aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddddd it's U.S only... the barstools.

BUT... if you're using the Google Chrome browser, the nice people at http://proxflow.com/ have kindly provided a Chrome Add-On which will have you watching it within seconds after a couple of clicks of your mouse :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.