Everyone on the internet has a Golf R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Members cars section in a couple of years. :p

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 13.28.49.png

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
I ordered 1 of these in early june and still haven't had a confirmed build date.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
What's the big attraction with these cars/this deal. lt really makes a mess of keys in a bowl swinging antics.

300bhp 4wd car released to rave reviews, similar cars are usually £350+at least to buy or lease on a monthly basis, so lease deals on this one can seem a bit of a bargain. Plus it's well specced (even in poverty form), well built and so on.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I booked one at lunch and then remembered I have 3 in the drive I'd forgotten about.

Seriously though, what's the real world MPG on these? I've heard the GTIs are getting good economy, I wondered if these were similar.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I booked one at lunch and then remembered I have 3 in the drive I'd forgotten about.

Seriously though, what's the real world MPG on these? I've heard the GTIs are getting good economy, I wondered if these were similar.

thats one for @therock or anyone else that has one. Manufacture figures are completely fabricated imo

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Low to high 20s seem to be the average from Golf R forum.

Average over 1200 miles is 29.8 and average speed of 37mph. It is only the commute to work I drive like that

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
the market will be swamped with them il wait til everyone has one and gets bored and snap one up for 5k

Thats the thing though Nigel, the car itself is although lovely not enough to lust after rather the 'deal' of having it brand new with full warranty etc is the real appeal

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
They must be doing the same lease deals out here in the UAE as I've seen more Golf Rs here than AMG Mercs since I got to Abu Dhabi!
They're everywhere, but to be fair they're probably just a wee runaround car to abuse and keep the miles off the ferraris/lambos for the majority of people out here.

Really like them though, some of them must have aftermarket exhausts as they sound awesome taking off at the lights! There's a really dark blue colour I seen that I'd probably go for if I was to get one. Which I might.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I'd say we are outselling Golf R to GTI 3:1 in work and the huge demand means that February at the earliest is when they will be here if you were to order one now. As Gaz has said the standard kit you get is all you would really need and the adaptive cruise control is very good.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I'd say we are outselling Golf R to GTI 3:1 in work and the huge demand means that February at the earliest is when they will be here if you were to order one now. As Gaz has said the standard kit you get is all you would really need and the adaptive cruise control is very good.

@gary87 can these be got with or do they include a service pack? In other words can the experience of running one for 2 years be a no hassle deal built into the monthly payment?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I've a service package on mine, so yeah

Damit :confounded:

doing my head in these Golf R's. Called Donnellys the other day to see if they had one I could take a drive in but they didnt. Have have to try Agnews now next time I am up. So tempted, the idea of hassle feel motoring as its been a few years since I've had it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.