Everyone on the internet has a Golf R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Bound to be a massive deposit and large monthly bill though.

Those passat dervs look good value

It's a £30,000 car at the end of the day so it's always going to be reasonably expensive. If you want me to make you up some example figures let me know sure

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I personally dont like the look of them at all. I still prefer the mk4 r32.

Awaits an internet kicking :p.

Your not alone (y)
Best looking golf about imo!
image.jpg

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
It's a £30,000 car at the end of the day so it's always going to be reasonably expensive. If you want me to make you up some example figures let me know sure
Only a 3 year plan, really geared to maintain your manufacturers warranty.

Unless it was a stupid deal like the leases, I think I am going to buy a sensible 5/6k golf and something fast for the weekend.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I'm not Chris if I was in a position to buy either I would go out and buy the mk4. No point buying a car I don't like the look of. I'm sure the lease deals are very attractive but I would hate to spend money on something I didn't like.
Did that once I got married :p.
You two are missing the point entirely !

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I love the Mk4s, they're still pretty aggressive looking (for a Golf) and are much more distinctive than the Mk5 R32.

With that said, one of them wouldn't see which way a Mk7 Golf R went and the driving experience would certainly seem a lot more dated, particularly if the Mk7 was fully specced and had the latest DSG box.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Of course it wouldn't but owning a car isn't all about speed its surely boils down to personal preference. taking the lease deal out of it a golf r or a mk4 r32 daily and an e30 m3 would be the same money. I know what I would be buying.
I love the Mk4s, they're still pretty aggressive looking (for a Golf) and are much more distinctive than the Mk5 R32.

With that said, one of them wouldn't see which way a Mk7 Golf R went and the driving experience would certainly seem a lot more dated, particularly if the Mk7 was fully specced and had the latest DSG box.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That's nice. There's not a whole lot of £30k-ish 300bhp 4WD estates out there.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.