F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Rosberg should have waited to Hamilton lapped him then buried it into the side of him!

C4L

RMS Regular
1 more retirement for Rosberg then they are back level, but ohhhh look whos already ahead :laughing:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Had to smile a little when Nico was left on the start line :grinning: Not nice, I know, but that was a great bit of Karma :innocent:

Still, wearing my well-worn grumpy old fart hat, not a good sign for Merc reliability. Could hear how nervous Lewis was about something happening to him too, and for myself I have no finger nails left :p Fingers crossed that is the end of the problems, but the Merc electrics can probably still throw a spanner or two in the works before the year is over. Actually, their electrics seems as bad as the Lotus wiring on my little Princess :p

Superb the way he just pulled away from everyone after the safety car. He had to work for this win, was nowhere near as easy as it looked. Actually, hearing him discuss team tactics on the radio, calm as if he were out for a Sunday drive, while putting in purple laps, how the heck do they do that?

Very good result for RB, even if Vettel did get lucky at the start with Nico out of the way.

Another strong drive by Alonso too.

Other than that, pretty boring as usual in Singapore. Once the start is done, nothing much happens unless someone happens to be on new tyres or something.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hope both Mercedes cars have good reliability in the remaining 5 races, it would spoil the spectacle for everyone.

If it's a fair fight between Nico & Lewis, Lewis will be a double world champion.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Unless Nico or Lewis have a lead of 50 points the last race will be the decider, if either of them have a 14 point lead at the last race they'll need to win that race to win the championship, if they have a 15 or more lead they need to be second

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, in all the remaining races, it will be a Merc 1/2. Or one of them will have a mechanical/electrical failure and finish too far down, and that will be it.

It will come down to Merc reliability.

A 15 point lead by the last race is not inconceivable, and that would clinch it in practise. The "double points" work both ways, in reality very little real difference, so the "50 points" is just nonsense. It really is, complete nonsense.

Is it just me, or has Nico seemed a bit shaken up the last few races since Spa? Almost looked he was near tears when he sat in the pitlane on Sunday.

If the car holds up, I would say the odds would be for Lewis. But that is a big if. And we have not seen them go wheel-to-wheel since Spa, so who knows what will happen. Quali for Singapore was so, so close as well.

stevyg

RMS Regular
What a race! The qualifying was something else, as soon as I seen Lewis lock up at turn 1 I thought thats it over, the best he can hope for is 2nd. But it showed how good a place he is in mentally, he pulled it out of the bag and hammered another blow to Nico even with a sloppy lap. Excellent.

Lewis drove an awesome race, he had to work hard for it. What about JEV?! 6th after 2 penalties! His passes were awesome at the end of the race. Well done to Vettel, Dan was coming at him hard.

Bad timing from the safety car kept Alonso from getting 2nd I think. He had a great race but Ferrari still have work to do.

Merc will dominate Suzuka.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Bit of karma for Alonso maybe, considering his history with the safety car in Singapore?

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Still cant understand the hatred on here for Rosberg.

Hamilton gets on like a spoilt wee p***k......and generally gets treated as such by all non-UK bordcasters. Personally, I'd rather see anyone except him or Alonso win.

For anyone interested, here is a pic of the rear brake ducts on the Merc from the weekend. With the teams are having so many issues with cooling rear brakes and the amount of development in that area of the cars so far this season, it looks like next season that area will be vital to the rear downforce.

4vVvKTL.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Still cant understand the hatred on here for Rosberg.

Hamilton gets on like a spoilt wee p***k......and generally gets treated as such by all non-UK bordcasters. Personally, I'd rather see anyone except him or Alonso win.

Because he is probably one of the best if not the best driver out there atm, and just hasn't had the luck with him. I firmly believe that in the exact same car with tyres of same grip level he can out drive anyone on the grid atm

And there has been things that rosberg has done that just make me not really like him. Tho I have been a Lewis fan since his first season.

Edit: Tho in thinking what I've just said I haven't really answered your question haha

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.