F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Max ''NO'' Verstappen wasn't giving his place up anyway. Going to be some angry conversations haha.

Interested to here what Hamiltons problem was?

Vettel just dominated that race, slowed the pace to safe tyres and then gunned it again.

Hopefully it's the start of a more exciting end to the season.

Hamiltons bound to be pissed :p

Edit: he took it surprisly well in the interviews, suppose a healthy lead in the championship helps.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
As dull as ever, Singapore is as bad as Monaco. Barring disasters, they finish the order they make the first corner.

Vettel could do whatever he liked up at the front, even slowed everyone right back at one point. Just impossible to overtake anyway unless someone has a problem. Still fair play for getting the pole, that was one serious pole lap (y)

It will be back to normal once back to the proper race tracks where the Merc works properly.

A bit of a shame for Lewis, but in a way it is good, just neutralises the DNF for Niko last weekend. After all it was not too bad, with Niko only managing 5th anyway.

Just hope Merc have not lost reliability after the upgrades at Monza.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cannot see VAG getting into F1. It has been banded about for a while now. With Renault throwing in the towel on the engine, and the way Honda are struggling, it would take some serious balls to get in now...

stevyg

RMS Regular
For such an eventful race, it wasn't very exciting. I agree @svensktoppen, Hamilton was bound to have a DNF and what a perfect place to have one with Nico only finishing 4th. He seemed very unusually happy in the interviews. He said he was confident he could challange for the win because he was keeping up with them on the option tyre & he was still on the prime. I'm not sure about that & I'm not sure why Merc kept their engines turned down, Hamilton & Nico asked several times when they could turn it up and kept being told not yet. If I were Mercedes I would have kept Hamilton out limping around, brought in Nico for the Option tyre about 15 laps from the end and then radioed to Hamilton to 'stop on track' bringing out a safety car and putting Nico in a spot where he could challenge for the lead with the new tyres....but I'm glad they didn't :p

Well done to Vettel & Dan, they both had a great race. McLaren still all over the place, nothing seems to go their way. Could Button throw the towel in & retire? I think they need to bring KMag back.
Rossi had a great race as well, nice debut sticking it to your team mate!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
An eventful race but not overly interesting as said. Wonder how much ferrari paid the Metro company to keep the trains running and cause all the electrical glitches at the Anderson Bridge :p. There seems to be a consensus thats the reason loads of drivers were getting neutrals and why hamiltons throttle sensor played up.

If I were Mercedes I would have kept Hamilton out limping around, brought in Nico for the Option tyre about 15 laps from the end and then radioed to Hamilton to 'stop on track' bringing out a safety car and putting Nico in a spot where he could challenge for the lead with the new tyres....but I'm glad they didn't :p

I didnt know Stevy was short for Flavio :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, Stevy Flavio the devious :p

Could Button throw the towel in & retire?

He has already said that either he stays with McL, or he is off to something else. Presumably retirement in sportscars or LMP like all the other washed-out old F1 drivers :p

Seriously though, he has achieved enough in F1, no point going for a mid-field team.

He is keeping Alonso honest, and has a great relationship with Honda. I think it will come down to money, McL/Honda must be haemorrhaging (Jaysus, took a while to figure out how to spell that, lol!) to the tune of hundreds of millions. They may not be able to afford two paid drivers next year.

stevyg

RMS Regular
I didnt know Stevy was short for Flavio :p

I have no idea what you are talking about :party:

piquet-crash_1479496c.jpg

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Lol, Stevy Flavio the devious :p

He has already said that either he stays with McL, or he is off to something else. Presumably retirement in sportscars or LMP like all the other washed-out old F1 drivers :p

Seriously though, he has achieved enough in F1, no point going for a mid-field team.

He is keeping Alonso honest, and has a great relationship with Honda. I think it will come down to money, McL/Honda must be haemorrhaging (Jaysus, took a while to figure out how to spell that, lol!) to the tune of hundreds of millions. They may not be able to afford two paid drivers next year.

Plenty of reports around today that JB will announce his retirement in Japan next weekend.

AutoBild (not the most respected source) have ran another big story today on the Audi/Red Bull/Middle eastern combination coming into the sport in 2018 too. Audi are pretty pissed off at the current ballast system in the DTM and had an incident with Scheider pushing a Merc off the track after a radio call this weekend getting Wolfgang Ullrich banned from the pits for the rest of the season ..... its not too unfeasable that the Audi/red bull partnership from DTM could move towards F1 under Stefano Stefano Domenicali.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
A tie-up between VAG and RB would make lots of sense.

VAG building their own engine for F1? I really doubt it, looking at Renault and Honda. The money alone would be properly scary. And then without any testing, and very limited in-season development, it would be years before any kind of return. And years of bad publicity until they get there. If they ever do. Remember Merc/Ferrari get the same amount of development, but not starting from nil.

It would only happen if VAG can re-write the engine development rules. Maybe they can, they certainly would have enough clout, but why would Merc let them?

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
It would only happen if VAG can re-write the engine development rules. Maybe they can, they certainly would have enough clout, but why would Merc let them?

Audi were very keen to enter and pushed for a 4cyl turbo in 2010 and are supposed to be the main reason behind the current engine change .... When Audi got cold feet the FIA resorted to V6's.

Supposedly they have already built and ran a current spec F1 engine, but that's probably balls.

Something has to give, F1 with only 2 competitive engines is pretty pointless IMO.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Did Lewis' car actually feature at all in the race, lol? Do not think it was shown on camera even once from the first couple of corners until he allegedly crossed the line. I smell a conspiracy :p

Other than that, I reckon the most fun bit was seeing Nico mobbed at the first corner :innocent:

He did make one good pass into the hairpin in fairness, but with the speed of that Mercedes he really should have been past at least Bottas, and probably Vettel too, a lot sooner than he did.

Lewis simply got told to put a 10 second gap to Vettel, and so he did. Just like that. Merc are just toying with the rest of the field. Literally.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Hard to root for Rosberg, as much as I dislike hamilton he's untouchable at the minute

Reactions: DC.
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.