F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually felt sorry for Nico this time, just about to pass Vettel. With the old Merc engine at that.

Good battles behind the leaders.

And not a bad recovery by Kimi. Anyone heard what his problem was? Driver error, or technical?

Other than that business as usual. The tyre pressure thing really is a non-issue, just a load of CYA ballix from Pirelli. The fact they only "check" a few cars kind of shows how "important" it is.... Glad there was no fall-out, would have been really stupid all round.

Actually scary how much pace there is in untapped... The way Lewis lit it up at will. Imagine if the drivers could use all that pace to actually race!

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Actually felt sorry for Nico this time, just about to pass Vettel. With the old Merc engine at that.

Good battles behind the leaders.

And not a bad recovery by Kimi. Anyone heard what his problem was? Driver error, or technical?

Other than that business as usual. The tyre pressure thing really is a non-issue, just a load of CYA ballix from Pirelli. The fact they only "check" a few cars kind of shows how "important" it is.... Glad there was no fall-out, would have been really stupid all round.

Actually scary how much pace there is in untapped... The way Lewis lit it up at will. Imagine if the drivers could use all that pace to actually race!

There are two theories behind what happened to kimi, either he forgot to put it in first gear which is unlikely or he got a false selection where the cogs slap off each other and don't mesh but it will show up as selected.

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
One of Kimi's better races (bar the start), I'm sure he enjoyed fighting through the cars on his way back.

Impressive from Mercedes to almost get 6 races from an engine, other manufacturers are struggling to get 1!

53 points is a huge gap for Nico to bridge, which I don't believe he can do without some terrible misfortune for Lewis. He might have stood a chance if double points were on this year again.

Heading towards when not if Lewis will match Ayrton (in terms of championships).

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
That will make 2016 interesting lol!

Mercedes power could propel Red Bull back to the top to fight with the works Mercedes team & Ferrari.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
That will make 2016 interesting lol!

Mercedes power could propel Red Bull back to the top to fight with the works Mercedes team & Ferrari.

They won't be allowed to race the mercs though, look at Williams.

RedBull will need to beat them on chassis alone.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Yeah they won't get anywhere near the same engine Niko and Lewis use. lol
Lewis is on a different level from anyone else out there atm!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
All speculation and rumour at the end of the day, truth is nobody knows.

Something will be worked out with either Merc or Ferrari, Bernie would not let RB disappear. The tie-up with Merc makes sense, but obviously the Merc team would not be happy. And you can imagine the gurning and bad press if RB were not given the same upgrades the Merc team get.

Tricky one, but something will be worked out.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ferrari used to supply Toro Rosso a few years back so they have a previous working relationship together.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
You would not get a lot back on that bet :grinning: All Merc field next year, bar Ferrari and McL; McL back to Merc from 2017. Possibly Renault fielding their own car next year, but honestly cannot see the point.

The amount of money McL and Honda have put into that project is just staggering. And the whole point of these engines was to reduce cost, lol. What a mess.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I said a few weeks back it would be a one make series before long, it's starting to look that way.

I didn't even bother watching any of it this weekend, it's getting way too predictable.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
So no Merc for Redbull in 2016 and have terminated their contract with Renault. Red Bull-Honda anyone??? Cant see Ferrari wanting to supply a team that could beat them either.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I'd love to see them have to go groveling back to Renault. I think they have treated Renault badly after all the success they had together.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Fantastic picture from the weekend.

Probably the 2 drivers from this generation that will be remembered as greats.....

tfKFamm.jpg

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Vettel has had to mature a lot, next year Italy is expecting a world champion, and you seen with Alonso they are ruthless in their pursuit.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I really feel for Alonso. If anyone on the grid deserves another championship chance, it's him. He was really unfortunate in 2012 (I think) and I can't help but feel he's wasting his time at McLaren.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Alonso needs to get into Nico's seat if he wants another championship. Will be several years before McL are back at the top, regardless of engine.

Lewis gave him a good run even in his first couple years on the circuit, would be great to see them in the same car now. Bound to end in tears all round though :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.