Focus St2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
@gsmith 20 /40 front /back. Few boys run the cobras on standard shocks. Looks sweet too. With the low miles on yours in sure springs would be all you need.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
Yea I've the cobra 40 40 on mine. (y)
Sorry mate it's late. I now remember that I read that earlier in the thread.

Didn't get around to ringing Collins Performance this week. Busy. Hopefully can on Monday. Just wondering what they advise for improving overall performance.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
I am happy and I understand I shouldn't read too much into the figures and more how the car feels which is excellent. Just like to see it come close to the quoted figure of 320. Just thinking I'm gonna go block mod and wanted to talk about the CP340 upgrade as well as my RR Day graph. See what they think and what other mods they advise.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
What fuel are you using? I think I've a dsci induction kit bought this morning :scream:. Really tempted by the bolas really don't need them though. Lol.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
What fuel are you using? I think I've a dsci induction kit bought this morning :scream:. Really tempted by the bolas really don't need them though. Lol.
Just super unleaded I've been told it's 97 octane.
Did you buy induction new?

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
Forgot to update everyone after my chat with Collins performance.

Gary had a look at my numbers from the dyno day and said everything looked good but obviously my numbers where down. He commented that my % losses from wheel to flywheel are in line with what they would state but that an extra load adjustment on the rollers and a boost reading, to make sure it's hitting peak boost, may see me achieve the missing bhp/torque that the CP320 map is to achieve.

We discussed the block mod for which they supply a kit and mentioned the special locking tools I would require (and that surprisingly is the same for the Renault Laguna lol).

So block mod it is with RS clutch and flywheel. Anyone got A FORD discount card? :laughing:

He also brought up CP340 could then be considered but would need RS injectors and a progressive actuator.

Not sure I want to go that far with the car. But we'll see what the future holds.

Can't speak highly enough about how good Collins performance have been since I joined them. Gary (who I've dealt with mainly) has always been avaliable to talk about anything, giving sound advice while never trying to force products down your throat. Top marks from me(y).

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
@ABishop you should get a members car thread started get some photos up and a thread to keep track of it all. (y) My catback is going on this Thursday along with my Downpipe. @collyirwin11 you still thinking of a set of facelift wheels? Might have some spare funds at end of month so thinking of going for a set of wheels.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
@ABishop you should get a members car thread started get some photos up and a thread to keep track of it all. (y) My catback is going on this Thursday along with my Downpipe. @collyirwin11 you still thinking of a set of facelift wheels? Might have some spare funds at end of month so thinking of going for a set of wheels.

Yes mate, still interested. You can text me a price if you have an idea of how much your looking.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
I might get a chance to put one together end of March or maybe April @gsmith . So much to list and photograph but it'd be cool. Was pricing RS 4 piece clutch and flywheel kit. Best price seems to be 575 delivered which probably isn't bad.

Looking at adding an RS airbox and creating my own custom cross over too.

If you know of anyone looking a custom made intake (dreamscience style and good for 296.4bhp lol) , all connections and filter for £60 give me a shout.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
20150807_170426-1.jpg

Would you believe it @gsmith that's the only one I can find. I'll strip it out later in the week and take full pictures and a video so you can hear the chatter.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
The elevate top pipe follows the same path as the standard pipe does so it should. I sent you a pm there.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Catback and Downpipe are on. :laughing: It's loud when you want it to be the bangs and backfires are really loud. Has dyed down abit as took it for a good run this evening. Was a slight fitting issue with the Downpipe but Andrew at momentum done a great job sorting it all out. Driver side tailpiece needs a slight adjustment so will sort that over the weekend. Now has the full 3 inch system getting more turbo noise now to which is nice. Tried to get a video but doesn't do it any justice. As said will be adjusting the drivers tailpiece so it sits level with the passenger side only needs a slight adjustment so hopefully it's handy enough done.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Need someone to do a drive by in it. The wife won't drive it. Lol. Does sound nice but more impressed by how the car feels seems to be just flowing perfect. Anyone any ideas to how I can lift the drivers tailpiece? If I put some pressure on the rear rubber mount it lifts it to where I want it to be but need a way of keeping it at that position.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.