Focus St2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
@collyirwin11 if you went for my facelift wheels. You wanting to keep hold of your wheels or would you do a deal with them?

We could work something out. Was originally planning to keep them and use them for a trackday, but I am sure we can come to some arrangement if it suits. What did you decide in the end? Bola?

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Think Iam going to go bola mate. Send me a pm with your number. I lost a lot of number when this last phone was replaced.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Wheels ordered. Only thing I can't make my mind up on now is if the blue stripes will work with the gunmetal grey?

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
Screenshot_2016-03-19-13-37-08-1.png
Try them with the strips for a while and see how you feel about them then. Here's the photo that sold me on the bolas. White one too

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Car is booked in with wj blairs to get a few bits tided on the outside. Timing belt water pump and both aux belts will be getting done next week. Wheels are now confirmed order and will hopefully have them within the next 3-4 weeks. Ordering the zunsport lower grill this weekend and maybe the carbon mirrors. Then when it comes back from blairs i will be sealing the underside again replacing any exterior nuts/bolts that can be seen and then fitting the front splitter wheels and lower grill. Hopefully this time next month if all goes to plan it'll be sitting close to how I want it. :laughing:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Zunsport grill ordered. Really need to start updating this with pictures again. Timing belt water pump kit arrived today. Placing the order for my carbon tomorrow but there's a 6 week wait due to them being very busy. And have been told my wheels should be here in 3 weeks. @ABishop what wheel nuts have you got on with the bolas?

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
20160323_102656.jpg
You and me are full on with the mods at the minute @gsmith ! I've standard silver nuts they supplied with the bolas. I quite like them but have thought about black nut caps. Might just to see how they look later in the year.

Started preparing for the block mod today. I'm down to the head bolts only needing removed but forgot to take a picture before I left for dinner. Here's one before I started with the bonnet off. Easier access!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Cheers pal. Iam thinking of adding a nice set of wheel nuts but unsure what to go for. I ended up going with et45 and can always add a small spacer if it needs it. Would rather need a small spacer for them than have them rubbing or anything. Forgot to get back to you about that induction your running think Iam going to go for either a group a or a full dsci but I'll keep you posted. :grinning:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Timing belt water pump and both aux belts changed today. Haven't got a sniff off the coolant smell I was getting so guessing there may have been a slight leak at the water pump. but time will tell. Zunsport lower grill arrived and placed the order for the streamline carbon mirrors (genuine). hoping to have the new wheels collected when the car is away at blairs. Hoping to have it on the ramp in the coming weeks to do abit more sealing. All being well this time next month it'll be very close to being finished for now.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Got the car back today. Needs a bit of a clean and think it would do no harm to run the buff round it. Zunsport was fitted and I put my carbon overlays on. Not sure if the bolas where a good move think it looks near perfect on the facelift wheels. :confounded: Anyone know where I can get a good set of axle stands?

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Plate staying of for now. Have to change the interior lense as there's an orange strip on the inside of the headlight really cannot be bothered stripping the lights. Lol. I've noticed I've less and less time to be bothered doing stuff with cars. This is deff the last car Iam messing with.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Plate staying of for now. Have to change the interior lense as there's an orange strip on the inside of the headlight really cannot be bothered stripping the lights. Lol. I've noticed I've less and less time to be bothered doing stuff with cars. This is deff the last car Iam messing with.
Yeah if it's not just bulbs i wouldn't be arsed either !

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Yea have gunmetal grey metallic stripes to go with the wheels I've ordered but starting to like it without the stripes now. Not sure what to do. Lol.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
So has been a bit stop start lately. Car will hopefully be home tomorrow evening. Carbon mirrors arrived wrong ones after waiting nearly 2 months. On the upside this arrived today full dsci induction kit. Just waiting on wihite hoses to replace the red.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.