Honda NSX

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Ahh OK, was coming back from the car show at Balmoral.
Thank you for the kind remarks!

Saw you on the Moira Rd on saturday (around 1pm)

You were tucked behind a van so only got a quick glimpse. Definitely has road presence dude.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Thank you for the kind remarks. The exhaust etc took some time to get right but pleased with how it is. Few wee tweaks in terms of positioning to get sorted now.

@nobby I saw yourself in Lurgan about a month or two ago my word 3.0 Vtec sound immense.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Hi mate

No issues with the part having any effects on engine components etc. It sits above the engine and runs the water out safely.

nice idea is this to be used for template on none conductive materials or carbon fibre, just thinking about electro bridging etc.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Another new addition to the car this year

NA2 facelift rear valance and NSX-R rear diffuser by downforce.

Sorry for not so great pics but you get the idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 249

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Made the trip over to the Silverstone Classic
this year. Apart from celebrating 25 years of NSX, I took the opportunity to meet up with members of the UK club which had nearly 50 cars on display. We were also included by SSC on a parade lap of the circuit.

The SSC is a massive event and well worth attending. The amount of car clubs in attendance and what is on display is incredible along with plenty of racing over the whole weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 248

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Didn't realise this was on here,myself and 2 mates were over having a good look at this in the Saturday whilst you were parked beside the lotus,you unlocked it so we could have a look inside. Absolutely amazing car,one if the best at the show and it wasn't even taking part lol, gentleman for opening the doors when most would have stood back thinking these 3 wee dicks would need to get away from my car pronto! Lol. Love it!

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Ahh, remember you hoods! LOL!
Not a bother you having a gander at it. Don't mind people who genuinely have an interest getting a better look. Thank you very much for the kind words and appreciate you thought it was the best at show even if it was in the car park

Didn't realise this was on here,myself and 2 mates were over having a good look at this in the Saturday whilst you were parked beside the lotus,you unlocked it so we could have a look inside. Absolutely amazing car,one if the best at the show and it wasn't even taking part lol, gentleman for opening the doors when most would have stood back thinking these 3 wee dicks would need to get away from my car pronto! Lol. Love it!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Just spend the afternoon reading this thread and I think this has just become my favourite car on RMS. The attention to detail is unbelievable. I absolutely love the nappa leather retrim, I was totally blown away by that. Awesome, awesome car. Very jealous. (y)

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Many thanks for the kind remarks.
Yeah the likes of the retrim has been worth it even when it was a kick in the nads initially.

your more than welcome to view the car anytime, just make yourself known to me if you see me about in it

Few more updates due in 2016 but right now car is away in hibernation

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I definitely will, if I see you at any events. I love NSXs.

I'd love to get a leather retrim done for the wife's MX5. When the PR photos for her car were released, they had red seats in it but when the actual model came out, they were black fabric. Never get round to enquiring about it though.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
I definitely will, if I see you at any events. I love NSXs.

I'd love to get a leather retrim done for the wife's MX5. When the PR photos for her car were released, they had red seats in it but when the actual model came out, they were black fabric. Never get round to enquiring about it though.

The car generally gets out and about as i bought it to drive it aside from any events.

Re your interior IMO its definitely worth doing if you can get the right person to do the work for you.
The difference in looks, feel, and comfort was day and night for mine.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff

johnm

RMS Regular
I just sat looking and the pictures trying to figure out why myself, trying to convince myself it was kit car of some sort.

That NSX run looked like amazing craic though!

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
The NSX meet up was brilliant. Was hoping to do it again this year but other commitments are priority

There is no accounting for taste ...

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Took time out to go through your thread....amazing! It just has so much presence.

I think yellow suits it best as well. Would love to get a good look around it.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
New Season = New boots

Have heard lots of positives for Toyo tyres and coupled with a great deal @ Murray tyres in Portadown I ended up with a set of rears ... be interesting to see how they go

Number of things happening with the car this year including an extensive engine service and other bits n bobs as usual.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 198

Gambit

RMS Regular
New Season = New boots

Have heard lots of positives for Toyo tyres and coupled with a great deal @ Murray tyres in Portadown I ended up with a set of rears ... be interesting to see how they go

Number of things happening with the car this year including an extensive engine service and other bits n bobs as usual.
Im impressed that they actually lined up the yellow dot with the valve...most tyre fitters dont bother their arse

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Making changes to my braking system this season. Unlikely to be doing any form of track days this year so opting to remove the existing performance type brake pads and replace with something fast road applicable. Also fed up with the brake dust of the XP8's and they are noisy buggers with an element of squeal coming from them.

So having done some research these Japan made pads are available for the NSX for both front and rear and have a decent rep ... Made by Dixcel these are their model for the intended use i have in mind as i have got used to a grippy pad and decent braking. Hopefully they perform a lot better than the EBC Redstuff i had installed for similar usage

With the new pads I think I will do a fluid change too so likely get stroked by my local Honda dealer for their branded fluid. It never ends with this car...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

jayk

RMS Regular
just read this front start to finish, very good read an attention to detail is class , not jealous at all .

AndyG

RMS Regular
I have the same pads en route for my dc5, supposed to be a cracking pad! It will definitely perform better than ebcs!

A guy in England has a red Faceift nsx-r on the way to him, lucky lucky guy!

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Hi Andy

Good to know you have opted for these too; remember your update now come to think of it!

Yeah I think he is a forum member. There is a white na2 Nsx-r coming in from plans Motorsport as well for another member too.

2 very lucky people but fantastic to have these in the country ... Think that will bring the total to 3 na2 Nsx-r