Honda NSX

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I'm not getting any younger and maybe its time to try something else ... we'll see NO rash decisions.
I hear you, but its just so gorgeous. Better performance would be easy to get these days, but the style and coolness would be hard to beat. Plus the NSX won't depreciate.

thanks for the advice. you 2 have definitely got me thinking as i have motorbikes to look after as well
If you have motorbikes and a car like the NSX with lot of areas to trap water you won't regret getting a powerful blower.

I now don't use anything other than my blower to dry my bikes.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Maybe "better" numbers in something more modern... But more fun, more occasion, more involving, more engaging? Not a chance.

Understand you thinking about it with the market being what it is, and if you're "done" with it. But you'll never find anything else like it. And you'll never be able to get another if you changed your mind.

On the other hand the car isn't getting younger either, I'm sure parts are getting scarce and all that.

Personally I'd take it to the grave and keep a Golf or something for all the mundane stuff. It's unique, there will never be anything like it again.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
I hear you, but its just so gorgeous. Better performance would be easy to get these days, but the style and coolness would be hard to beat. Plus the NSX won't depreciate.

If you have motorbikes and a car like the NSX with lot of areas to trap water you won't regret getting a powerful blower.

I now don't use anything other than my blower to dry my bikes.
I am not really bothered by performance and big numbers ... i have zero interest in that plus look at the state of our roads in terms of running stuff like that and the other users on it.

The NSX is not suffering in terms of performance it never did. I sold an Evo 8 with close to 400bhp and the NSX always felt sharper and put the power down in a more usable and fun way

For me its all about fun, driver focus and engagement with the car. That reduces my interest in the majority of modern stuff.

ON your other point you definitely have got my attention! :grinning:

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Maybe "better" numbers in something more modern... But more fun, more occasion, more involving, more engaging? Not a chance.

Understand you thinking about it with the market being what it is, and if you're "done" with it. But you'll never find anything else like it. And you'll never be able to get another if you changed your mind.

On the other hand the car isn't getting younger either, I'm sure parts are getting scarce and all that.

Personally I'd take it to the grave and keep a Golf or something for all the mundane stuff. It's unique, there will never be anything like it again.

Yeah and herein lies the problem ... you have nailed it. I have a very short list in terms of possible change ... it has to be right in terms of drive and engagement. If its not there then NSX will stay put

on your second point yes that is on my mind as well but there is a good community especially in US etc so no real problems as yet. As long as I keep it between the hedges

The intention was to do that ... i said to the wife to bury me in it on occasion! I am certainly not bored of it and it will take something special to part with it

JT079

RMS Regular
Love the NSX! If I have that cash a F335 would be the only alternative to experience. But again, NSX is so special!!! Love it.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Love the NSX! If I have that cash a F335 would be the only alternative to experience. But again, NSX is so special!!! Love it.
Thanks!

Ferrari i have looked at but servicing costs are concerning in the models i have been considering.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
For me its all about fun, driver focus and engagement with the car. That reduces my interest in the majority of modern stuff.
Exactly how it should be. And the reason I drive an early nineties Honda, and a Nissan from 78, granted the Nissan has 480hp, but the only reason it doesn't have 550hp is because I value response and driveability more than outright figures.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't know if you're into models but this will be a bit special, released in the new year:

255723895_6689844354360764_7599411970367164529_n.jpg

They don't do cheap, lol, but their models are superb, as good as they get. Very detailed and accurate. That will be 1:18 scale.

I see they will have it in white and red at least, both with black roof. I don't know if they're making a yellow one.

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Unlikely in yellow ... tried sourcing a yellow one of my own car to no avail. yes have seen this and Autoart stuff is fantastic

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Unlikely in yellow ... tried sourcing a yellow one of my own car to no avail. yes have seen this and Autoart stuff is fantastic
There is a guy on some of the diecast sales groups on Facebook called CJ Moffat, he has done alot of custom paint jobs on models for alot of the Ford guys. His work seems to be excellent. I'm sure he could sort you out if you wanted one .

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Tarmacworks have a yellow one in 1:64, just got one for myself. Smaller but the level of detail and accuracy is phenomenal.

Modelmatics have them.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Don't know if you're into models but this will be a bit special, released in the new year:

View attachment 344779
They don't do cheap, lol, but their models are superb, as good as they get. Very detailed and accurate. That will be 1:18 scale.

I see they will have it in white and red at least, both with black roof. I don't know if they're making a yellow one.
Nice how much ?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Mechanical connection and accessible fun that is available for you without doing triple figure speeds in a few seconds. Thats what its all about.

How could anyone enjoy a Ferrari SF90 on the road? Its got nearly 1000hp and 60mph in 2 seconds. It just doesn't make sense other than pub bragging.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He did mention having something else in mind. And in fairness 90k is hard to turn down if it's not used much anymore. Not getting any cheaper to keep on the road either. He's had it nearly 25 years.

Saddest thing is it will go into a barn and never be driven again... 😟

nobby

RMS Regular
OP
nobby
Drives
Jap stuff
Hi folks

Just reading through some comments made. Really appreciate the feedback and thoughts 👍

First off this is still in early stages … a lot has been going on in my life behind the scenes and I have toyed with idea of possible replacement or letting go for some time. There are plenty of valid reasons and pros and cons to any decision I make. But rest assured every stone will be unturned before any trigger is pulled. I appreciate that this is an open forum and it’s very easy for people to pass judgement on things they do not fully understand or have had to deal with re ownership of an NSX.

Secondly this is a complete wrench for me. Those that know me on here and know the car are fully aware of how attached to the car I am and TGT is learning 😀 It’s a dream car of mine and I have invested a lot of time and money so NO rash decisions being made. I admit I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to own. It was bought FOR for me to use, drive and enjoy. It was never about investment it’s about driving experiences, meeting like minded individuals and passion for engaging drives.

Thirdly I have NOT owned this car for 25 years; I have informed TGT of the error and it will be rectified. I have been the custodian for over 12 years and the car is in the condition now because of my l passion for the car and it being the flagship Honda and it deserves to be treated with respect and care

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to come to. I'm grateful for the spin you took me out in it, it was such an event of a car and a real credit to you. Someone is getting a clinker of an NSX. As someone above said, we are custodians for these cars and despite us saying we will keep them, they do sometimes have to move on.

Looking forward to hearing what's next. 👍🏻